weekly Wallyboys 52 for 2016, CELEBRATION ADDED

LOL very clever Walter,

Spot on theme. Buried by some other event that happened this week I believe.
Slight crit is that the chocolate is not in the same plain as the wrapper, and I think I would have hidden the end of the wrapper under that right hand 'bar'. It looks slightly accidental the way it's so close, but sloping away from it.

Spot on theme. Buried by some other event that happened this week I believe.
Slight crit is that the chocolate is not in the same plain as the wrapper, and I think I would have hidden the end of the wrapper under that right hand 'bar'. It looks slightly accidental the way it's so close, but sloping away from it.
Cheers Tim, cant think what this other event may be, o'h i got it a supermoon Monday....lol.
Crit always taken on board.:)

I really like your liquid shot very vibrant and good capture I like the vibrant blue of your spooky too.

I like your spooky and posed - very different. But why you had to pick such terrible news from this week's current affairs.... ;) I do agree with Andy & Tim on the positioning of the Toblerone, but I think the Marmite looks good in b&w.

Marmite in B&W? Marmite is never black and white :D
Both good submissions Walter, bang on theme.

I like the fruit machine style framing of the Toblerone shot - very well thought out. Marmite looks (surprisingly) good in b&w. Excellent takes both for the theme.

Ah, you used a gopro for the underwater shot. Weird, but kind of on theme :)

I'm not too keen on your toblerone shot, the frame ruins it a bit in my opinion, but the marmite shot is well thought out, well lit and super sharp. Although I wonder if that would work better in colour...

HI Walter. Nice bit of sc and always good to see a happy smiley face. As for Cultural, blimey first up again. Spot on and a lovely scene.

HI Walter. Nice bit of sc and always good to see a happy smiley face. As for Cultural, blimey first up again. Spot on and a lovely scene.
Thanks Carl, young was sooc, with minor editing, cultural was frinton on sea, lovely day and almost deserted.
It reflects part of our cultural past and present.

Very quick off the mark Walter! Nicely composed seaside scene, great colours well on theme.

Young, nicely thought out, it works well, Walter.

PART OF OUR CULTURE SEASIDE AND BEACH HUTS
Yep that certainly works for me, also.

Great Frinton shot ... compo, colour, detail ... yes Cultural past & present.

Hi Walter,
Young - Seem that your model (daughter?) is about to be run down my a German Triumph outfit.
Interesting composition of colour and B&W, kind of like a real world selective colour!

Culture - Works well. Converging lines, bright colours, blue sky. What's not to like?

Culture, nice vibrant colours and nice colour from the setting sun.

I'd prefer it closer to the nearest groyne. if that's what it is, as it feels a little wide and not much in the sky.

I do like the seaside :)

Cheers.

Hi Walter

Young fits the theme for me she certainly looks very happy too.

Culture - Nice bright colours with a lovely blue sky (who would have thought were into December with the clear days we've been having recently all while I'm stuck at work :() love the shadow of the groyne

Erm, Sod That!

Often the inclusion of trees on the edges of pictures looks accidental, but I think in this case it is actually needed to give the image some kind of context.
Subject Nailed.

Erm, Sod That!

Often the inclusion of trees on the edges of pictures looks accidental, but I think in this case it is actually needed to give the image some kind of context.
Subject Nailed.
Too true Tim, thats exactly why the tree is in, only thought of while on a walk, what i was originally going to do was the tunning knobs on a ukulele.

Wouldn't fancy climbing up those steps Walter ... nicely arranged as they may be. Like the way the shadows help to define the roundness of the telegraph pole.

The steps don't start until a good way up the pole, and looking at the arrangement it looks actually quite random to me. But bang on theme I guess...

Back