weekly Wallyboys 52 for 2016, CELEBRATION ADDED

Good take Walter - like the POV with that ramp on rhs which gives scale ... and the lovely sky.

Yes, rightly or wrongly, this is the kind of thing I associate with the Urban word. And you've got the Urban word there on the gate!:)

Yes, rightly or wrongly, this is the kind of thing I associate with the Urban word. And you've got the Urban word there on the gate!:)
It was the first thing i thought of when theme came up, not the shot i wanted due to illness, i wanted an action shot of skateboarders in mid air, another time maybe.
Great minds think alike.:)

LOL great idea Walter.
Nicely taken and processed :)

Hahaha - they certainly have been together a looooong time. She looks absolutely bored. Excellent fun take Walter. :clap:

Hi Walter,
Ancient - Good choice for the theme. Am I seeing sharpening artefacts in the trees though?
Urban - Is that a skate park? Nice choice for the theme.
Pair - Interesting ornament, not something I think I'd want on my mantelpiece. Nicely taken, plenty of detail and a good black background without any light spill.

Thanks posted for a bit of fun, story is, me and SWMBO took a Monday off work a few months back, so we decided to go to Folkestone, she noticed this in a shop window, and low and behold it was closed, so me being a Gentleman LOL...i took the number off shop, and phoned them next day, and picked it up, and they have happily been with us ever since.

That does look very grand Walter ... like the 'decking' look to the top of the building.

Yep, that hotel looks like a ship. Odd. Not so sure about the two people in the foreground.

Pair is a nice find and I like the ship-shaped hotel, I prefer the first and don't mind the people

Blooming quick off the mark weren't we! Beautifully taken William - love the colour especially that sky. Spot on for the theme.

That was very quick off the mark, and bang on theme. Great framing, great colours of the boats against the ground, and great sky!

I do like a good beach photograph, thanks (y)

Looks a little OOF and if you could have moved to the left to photograph more down the red boat I feel it would have been better. I'd crop a chunk of the sky as well.

Well exposed and even though I suggested cropping the sky I do like the whispy clouds.

Cheers.

Big - The inclusion of the couple in the foreground adds, in my opinion, interest to the shot.
I also like the way the hotel has been built to look like the superstructure of a boat.
After - I have to agree with Andy, it feels a bit oof. Great colours though

I do like a good beach photograph, thanks (y)

Looks a little OOF and if you could have moved to the left to photograph more down the red boat I feel it would have been better. I'd crop a chunk of the sky as well.

Well exposed and even though I suggested cropping the sky I do like the whispy clouds.

Cheers.

Big - The inclusion of the couple in the foreground adds, in my opinion, interest to the shot.
I also like the way the hotel has been built to look like the superstructure of a boat.
After - I have to agree with Andy, it feels a bit oof. Great colours though
It is a bit soft, it was one of the first few shots i took with new lens, so was cutting my teeth,:)

Hi Walter

God idea for the theme but I'm not sure if this works for me I find the fact you can see the seats etc a little distracting.

Not sure if that works for me. Maybe a bit wider so you get some context into the photo?

Hi Walter

God idea for the theme but I'm not sure if this works for me I find the fact you can see the seats etc a little distracting.

Not sure if that works for me. Maybe a bit wider so you get some context into the photo?
I did think about blacking windows,
Idea was alien dropped off from outer space, wants to learn surfing, so attaches itself to a camper van after seeing sticker in window.......LOL

Back