WAMT....what annoyed me today!

When I checked my bank statement O2 had carried on taking my money and denied that I had cancelled
I never did get a refund

I used my credit card, but hopefully if failed but if not they will have a few irate phone calls from me
It's why I hate doing these things over the phone/online, when it fails you never know if they have
taken the money :banghead:

Enjoyed the weather by taking a long scenic cycle ride home from work, three time the length of my normal commute....to get home and find I have left my keys on my desk!

Scared the wife after hopping over the 5’ wall and coming in the back door so not all bad...

Yes I will never use O2 again
a few years ago I phoned up and cancelled my contact when it got to the end and moved to EE
When I checked my bank statement O2 had carried on taking my money and denied that I had cancelled
I never did get a refund

Whenever I cancel any kind of contract with a monthly payment, I always also cancel the direct debit.

Yodel the liars!!!

Had a parcel delivered last week, needed to be signed for.. Online delivery says its gone to next door, go round for it on way to shops before going in the house and the bloke says he's only been in about half an hour and there is nothing there... Strange.

Get home half an hour later and i find a card through door saying back porch (which i don't have), so i nip into the garden and its there, lent up against my back window... Wouldn't normally be bothered at this point but it should have been signed for.

Asked customer service on twitter to explain this, so they tell me the driver has been interviewed and hes left it with a young man next door and is adamant that its there... they seem to want to ignore the fact that he's put a card through the door saying back porch.

Asked for proof of signature and a better description of the person its been delivered to...

They wont provide the signature so I've had to go back to the seller who's English isn't great so there is a language barrier there.

And they will have to ask the driver for a better description.

All i want is an apology for talking out their backsides but i wonder how long they will continue the lies!

Yodel the liars!!!

Had a parcel delivered last week, needed to be signed for.. Online delivery says its gone to next door, go round for it on way to shops before going in the house and the bloke says he's only been in about half an hour and there is nothing there... Strange.

Get home half an hour later and i find a card through door saying back porch (which i don't have), so i nip into the garden and its there, lent up against my back window... Wouldn't normally be bothered at this point but it should have been signed for.

Asked customer service on twitter to explain this, so they tell me the driver has been interviewed and hes left it with a young man next door and is adamant that its there... they seem to want to ignore the fact that he's put a card through the door saying back porch.

Asked for proof of signature and a better description of the person its been delivered to...

They wont provide the signature so I've had to go back to the seller who's English isn't great so there is a language barrier there.

And they will have to ask the driver for a better description.

All i want is an apology for talking out their backsides but i wonder how long they will continue the lies!

Were I in your shoes I would send Yodal a picture of the card and ask them to explain the 'conflicting' information they are providing. It comes across as them taking the drivers word over the (customer? ~ stating the obvious you are not the customer of Yodal, the seller is)) experience of the recipient!

Were I in your shoes I would send Yodal a picture of the card and ask them to explain the 'conflicting' information they are providing. It comes across as them taking the drivers word over the (customer? ~ stating the obvious you are not the customer of Yodal, the seller is)) experience of the recipient!

I have done. They seem to ignore this piece of information... but I keep asking why he'd put a card through the door saying its one place when he says its in another.

The seller says they cant provide proof of signature (not sure if they don't really understand what I'm asking.)

Don't know next doors name to verify that they said its been signed by D. Vard but i'll take a guess its not Vard

The seller says they cant provide proof of signature (not sure if they don't really understand what I'm asking.)

Don't know next doors name to verify that they said its been signed by D. Vard but i'll take a guess its not Vard

Asking for 'proof of signature' , if that is what you have asked the seller could confuse even those for whom English is a first language let alone a second one.

AFAIK know in delivery parlance it is (always) called "Proof of Delivery" a PoD. That might make more sense to the seller?

NB apologies if I have tried to teach you how to suck eggs ;)

Asking for 'proof of signature' , if that is what you have asked the seller could confuse even those for whom English is a first language let alone a second one.

AFAIK know in delivery parlance it is (always) called "Proof of Delivery" a PoD. That might make more sense to the seller?

NB apologies if I have tried to teach you how to suck eggs ;)

No, I appreciate it :)

What annoyed me last night, London with way too many Toyota Prius' crawling along for no good reason holding everyone up, pulling away from traffic lights, a good 5 seconds after the lights have gone green, only to drive at around 15mph in a 30 mph zone and slow down for the next set of traffic lights that have just gone green.

What annoyed me last night, London with way too many Toyota Prius' crawling along for no good reason holding everyone up, pulling away from traffic lights, a good 5 seconds after the lights have gone green, only to drive at around 15mph in a 30 mph zone and slow down for the next set of traffic lights that have just gone green.

The Mrs was saying exactly that the other day. Think it's the drivers trying to maximise their mpg.

The Mrs was saying exactly that the other day. Think it's the drivers trying to maximise their mpg.
They were that bad last night, we were getting undertaken by cyclists in the bus lane.

WAMT is a shredded inside sidewall. No chance of a repair so £172.60 thank you very much! Of course it was p***ing with rain while I was changing the wheel and I had a boot full of golf kit which is now drying out in the conservatory.

During the day I would expect it but not at approaching midnight on an otherwise clear road.

Probably pished vicars!

They missed you on Wednesday, so this time they did your tyre first to make sure. umbrella 1.gif

They were just as bad in North West London last night. But they were topped by some idiot in an Alfa who held everyone up for miles and always seemed to be in the wrong lane.

how can someone not go to prison because they are female???
It raises the question of Judge Sarah Buckingham's impartiality, doesn't it? :thinking:

This taken at the |British Wildlife Centre !!!
Luckily Tom, one of the keepers was around to get it out
It's the 2nd time I've seen plastic bottle thrown into enclosures. last time it
was one without a lid thrown in with adders on a hot sunny day

47650854441_85e2db3cd4_z.jpg

Llyn Y Fan Fach, such a beautiful location. I sure most of the dog owners didn't read the sign as many dogs were running loose and bags of dog sh+te littered the approach to the lake, came back to find all these bags near the carpark....Take it home!!!DSC01263.jpg

Checking my cc bill and see a cash transfer fee!

Now, I did buy a couple of different gift vouchers on the same date and checking some details on my online cc account one purchase used an EU based fulfillment service and the cc listed it a a money transfer :(

Yes, on the company site I bought the voucher from they say they use Bookit and Mangopay..........but to a UK buyer what difference should that make? In the past I have bought Amazon gift cards and no such problems.

FWIW some of the voucher values for this company are significant and I have no doubt that if those buyers saw a cc transaction fee they would be mad.

I think I need to contact both my cc Barclaycard and the voucher company......even at the more modest value I bought a 5% transaction fee is unwelcome.

Leaving the M25 at the M1 turn off and some idiot had missed his turn and decided to cut across the hatched box right at the end of the turn off access,
Travelling at 60 with a car behind and one next me on the slipway I had no where to go
if he had continued !!!
Last I saw he was sat in the box with no chance of going anywhere just hope the police were patrolling
I've done that before on a road that I don't know, just continue to the next exit and come back.
M25 was running smoothly as was the M1, one idiot could have cause major jams yet again

one idiot could have cause major jams yet again
Seems to be the time of year for the idiots to crawl out and annoy the rest of us! :shifty:

Long before tw@ nav, a mate was navigating for me heading for Colney Heath (Nr St Albans) and directed me up the M1 rather than the A1(M). IIRC we had to go all the way to Luton before we could get back on the right route.

Long before tw@ nav, a mate was navigating for me heading for Colney Heath (Nr St Albans) and directed me up the M1 rather than the A1(M). IIRC we had to go all the way to Luton before we could get back on the right route.

and that is a good excuse for nearly writing me and my passengers off, causing injuries to others, probably closing the motorway
and causing total mayhem for everyone.............................. I don't think so

Neither do I - that's why we ended up in Luton!

Well, we turned back and retraced our steps at (IIRC) the airport junction so missed the town itself.

WAMT is me leaving my reading glasses at home when I went to my Italian class. I have enough trouble reading Italian with them on - I absolutely cannot read Italian at all when it is very blurred!

Anything thing that annoyed me today was me repeatedly clicking on "Attach files" instead of "Post reply" when I posted that post above. I was very confused.

I have a Prius and,annoyingly, as you’ve discovered, some drivers keep to a low speed in a town/city environment because the car runs on the hybrid battery up to 28mph at which point the petrol engine takes over but 15mph is inconsiderate. So, in consideration of those behind me in a 30mph zone I do 30mph,doing 25-27mph isn’t appreciated. They also cut out when you stop..eg traffic lights and start again when the accelerator is pressed. No petrol is used when crawling along in slow-moving traffic,they’re great in an urban environment.

in a 30mph zone I do 30mph,doing 25-27mph isn’t appreciated.
I blame the English teachers for not explaining the meaning of "limit" to their pupils.

Last edited:
WAMT is autocowrection (sic) changing brexit, christmas and easter to begin with upper case letters.

Back