WAMT....what annoyed me today!

Aren't there any busses to get her there (and maybe back... ;))?

Public transport would be around the same hour and a half each way (assuming the buses are not caught in the same traffic queue) as it took today, I think the moral is just don’t go :)

Public transport would be around the same hour and a half each way (assuming the buses are not caught in the same traffic queue) as it took today, I think the moral is just don’t go :)

But she could have gone on her own, leaving you to your own devices!!! Our local Ikea has a similar problem so if we need anything from there, I go on the bike (if it'll fit in a pocket/pannier) or at opening time so I can be at the checkout as soon as it opens and leaving when everyone else is trying to get in. Noe that I said NEED - mere wants are ignored (unless it's me that wants the thing!!!)

We are still in 2019, yet when I went up the road to Tescos for some milk, they already had Easter eggs out on the shelves :mad:

I was surprised to see Cadbury cream eggs on the counter at the local Coop store yesterday morning but it looks like it's common place. :rolleyes:

Security update to my phone. Bricked it requiring a factory reset and reinstall all the apps.

Not all bad though (see WCMUT)

My Peugeot RCZ couldn't be jacked up to change a wheel or it would crack/shatter the rear screen, too much body flex apparently.

WAMT... just discovered that Amazon have charged me for a laptop order that I cancelled about 30 minutes later. Afterwards I ordered another for £1000. Now they have £2300 of my credit card. I thought that they only charge on dispatch? Hopefully the £1200 will be refunded soon.

Getting an email from plusnet asking me to reinstate my DD so they can take a payment for the account that I cancelled
beginning of last month and 2 days after I received an email saying I was in credit for the payment they took last month
Guess what, it's not going to happen and they have now agreed they owe me the money

I was driving along at 70mph on a dual carriageway and about to pass a slip road from an M25 junction. I saw quite a bit of traffic on the slip road so moved to the outside lane to let the mixture of cars, lorries and vans pull out.
There had to be one idiot not content with that, he decides to slowly drift straight across into the outside lane right in front of me, no indicators and progess so slowly, they barely overtook the car inside them.
Then over cautiously brakes every few seconds because they were in danger of catching up with cars way off in the distance.

Locking myself out of the house! Well, I suppose that technically, Mrs Nod locked me out - had I locked the door, I would have had a key to get back in. Managed to get back down to Mrs Nod's studio to collect her key and now have mine in my pocket and a spare in the key safe just in case it ever happens again.

I was driving along at 70mph on a dual carriageway and about to pass a slip road from an M25 junction. I saw quite a bit of traffic on the slip road so moved to the outside lane to let the mixture of cars, lorries and vans pull out.
There had to be one idiot not content with that, he decides to slowly drift straight across into the outside lane right in front of me, no indicators and progess so slowly, they barely overtook the car inside them.
Then over cautiously brakes every few seconds because they were in danger of catching up with cars way off in the distance.

Probably thought you were too close .... :rolleyes:

WAMT1: managed to post this in the wrong section
WAMT2: Home insurance renewal time. Old quote £170. New one £197. Pah! I know I'll use a price comparison website. Cheapest was £193. I used the mortgage provider's website as they discount mortgage customers. £300. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Nod
WAMT1: managed to post this in the wrong section
WAMT2: Home insurance renewal time. Old quote £170. New one £197. Pah! I know I'll use a price comparison website. Cheapest was £193. I used the mortgage provider's website as they discount mortgage customers. £300. :rolleyes:

Is that only the first renewal ? My first renewal was £1 cheaper than the first premium.,second renewal was £20 more which I thought was acceptable but I'm watching for the next one in October.

I've counted 4 houses nearby that still have christmas lights adorning the exterior and two are the flashing type :rolleyes:

Not down till 6/1

So I take the wife to work daily for a 7am start, and normally then get myself a Friday morning sausage and egg bap from a local cafe on the way into the office, except now working from home I have discovered there isn’t anywhere to get one on the route back from her place of work without a 5 mile detour at this time of day...yes I have made my own but no friendly banter, decent coffee and now have to wash up after myself :(

Is that only the first renewal?
Yup. Up until now, I've changed insurers every year. But it looks like there are price increases across the board.

I've counted 4 houses nearby that still have christmas lights adorning the exterior and two are the flashing type :rolleyes:
I've always been an advocate of the 12 days of Christmas. To the point where, if I were in charge, Christmas would last from 25th December until 6th January, people wouldn't be able to put up decorations until 24th, and shops would be allowed to sell Christmas stuff from 1st Dec until 6th Jan.

By the looks of it, the Easter Bunny takeover won't be complete until Feb 15th.

My Peugeot RCZ couldn't be jacked up to change a wheel or it would crack/shatter the rear screen, too much body flex apparently.

Love those cars! I could never understand why anyone would choose the TT over the RCZ. The RCZ is just so good to look at!

A Suicidal Cyclist!
It was pitch black & p***ing down of rain a little after 06:30 ...
a convoy of light vehicles doing approx 25 mph in a 30 mph.

I was at the back of the line nothing behind me for a good few hundred yards. ( the previous traffic lights had split the convoy.)
Quite a wide road with shops either side and a couple of Keep left bollards.

Suddenly I was aware of something in front of me, was it a shadow from the lights of the on coming vehicles?
Nope, It was the first contestant for the 2020 Darwin awards (y)

A cyclist dressed totally in black, no lights or reflectors has decided to cross from the bollards to the other shopping area just as I got to the bollards!
WAMT?
They could have dented the front grill, they could have smashed a head light or two,
or even left blood up the bonnet and across the windscreen. !

Lucky for them they didn't Eh? I would certainly have had words if they had!

Having to phone Wex because the delivery driver is a liar all the time, plus he delivered a broken backing board. Have sent photos to Wex and they will also tell the driver not to lie, as every time he has delivered to me he goes off and on the email it says signed by Me but I`ve NEVER signed at all.

So I take the wife to work daily for a 7am start, and normally then get myself a Friday morning sausage and egg bap from a local cafe on the way into the office, except now working from home I have discovered there isn’t anywhere to get one on the route back from her place of work without a 5 mile detour at this time of day...yes I have made my own but no friendly banter, decent coffee and now have to wash up after myself :(

That 5 mile detour will get the car properly warmed up and will save you a) having to wash up and b) having to explain the smell of cooked bacon when Mrs 70D gets home!

Wamt - my flippin dad, I know he's 90 but FFS how many times do I have to tell him not to unplug stuff as it screws things up, such as timers and to press the TV remote until the TV flashes green then it's active and he can watch things on it. But no he has to keep unplugging stuff and I have to go round and reset timers etc. Then he wonders why his bed is cold when he gets in it, latest one is the plug fell out of the wall. I know he's lonely, I know he's on his own but really, something every day!
I know, I am going to Hell as I am an inconsiderate bstd son-in-law.

Last edited:
The shops are clearing the Chistmas crap away until August now to make room for the Eater egg
Yup I already had two Malteaser bunnies for lunch.
Wamt - my flippin dad, I know he's 90 but FFS how many times do I have to tell him not to unplug stuff
Two things: either he's very old school in unplugging things from the walls, or he's lonely and the only way to get any company is to do stuff so you have to go round.

Yup I already had two Malteaser bunnies for lunch.

Two things: either he's very old school in unplugging things from the walls, or he's lonely and the only way to get any company is to do stuff so you have to go round.
Both. I should be glad he wants me to go round I know. Wasnt helped by my wife suggesting 'we' rip up our garden this summer, it's mostly paved (the garden, not the wife), so it looks like another summer with very little spare time to myself. I feel such an a******e. :(

Wamt - my flippin dad, I know he's 90 but FFS how many times do I have to tell him not to unplug stuff as it screws things up, such as timers and to press the TV remote until the TV flashes green then it's active and he can watch things on it. But no he has to keep unplugging stuff and I have to go round and reset timers etc. Then he wonders why his bed is cold when he gets in it, latest one is the plug fell out of the wall. I know he's lonely, I know he's on his own but really, something every day!
I know, I am going to Hell as I am an inconsiderate bstd son-in-law.

MiL's similar but doesn't keep getting us over to sort timers etc.. Mainly because very few things she has have timers on them! The only problem thing was the telly but we've managed to persuade her that bending down to unplug it might cause her to fall and need more care and she's fiercely independent so wants to avoid homes or sheltered housing at any cost so she leaves that plugged in and on.

MiL's similar but doesn't keep getting us over to sort timers etc.. Mainly because very few things she has have timers on them! The only problem thing was the telly but we've managed to persuade her that bending down to unplug it might cause her to fall and need more care and she's fiercely independent so wants to avoid homes or sheltered housing at any cost so she leaves that plugged in and on.

Sounds a bit like my late MiL. Fortunately she lived only a couple of miles away but I lost of the number of times she had problems with her TV and I would go around to sort it out. Anything from it being switched off at the wall socket, the aerial being unplugged, to not being able to get a TV station because she switched to a HDMI input. She was never to calmest or most logical person but in retrospect I think she was suffering the effects of vascular dementia a good while before she was diagnosed.

Dave

The relatively recent increase in snowflaking on TV, for example, TV news preceding coverage of a car bombing with "... this report contains scenes some viewers might find distressing" Do people who might be distressed by something like that really need to told that footage of the aftermath of a car bomb might upset them; shouldn't they be able to work that out for themselves?

Last night I was watching BBC1 and just before the programme started there was an announcement that it contained disturbing scenes. It was Dracula for goodness sake!

Dave

The relatively recent increase in snowflaking on TV,
I remember going back probably 12 years or more,with the live announcement at the end of the programme.
"If you were affected by any of the issues in this programme" < here is the help line / support number> Please call, or some such.
And that was from any one of the soaps that the ex used to watch!
Some people are not capable of separating fact from fiction.
Or they just like to be "Butt hurt" I'm not sure which ...

Back