weekly wee Jake's 52 challenge for 2020

Nice. I bet that takes a fantastic image when the lake is still!

Nice one and a good start :)

Very nice Ian (y)
Just one comment, I'd clone out that damned Seagull (?) from the center of the image.
It draws your eye towards it, and you "miss" everything else that's going on in the image.

Very nice Ian (y)
Just one comment, I'd clone out that damned Seagull (?) from the center of the image.
It draws your eye towards it, and you "miss" everything else that's going on in the image.
yes was going to but partner said she liked it hehe

Nice to see something local to me as well. A lovely shot of the dam and a great start to the year.

Great start, nice subject, and I like the composition of that. Well done :)

Nicely composed image plenty of interest love the patch of light walling on the distant will side.

Good image. What potential on your doorstep. Look forward to seeing future scenery.

Good start to your 52. It's a good looking photo, if I was being picky, I'd crop the trees out on the right hand side.

lovely landscape looks like a lovely place to be.

I'd love to have a studio (for photography), I'm absolutely rubbish at drawing, painting etc, which is a bit weird, when you consider that my Dad, mum and one brother are all artists and sculpturer's. The skill seems to have completely missed me out.
I like what you've done with your pleasure shot, good light, good composition. It's unmistakable as to what it is.

I'd love to have a studio (for photography), I'm absolutely rubbish at drawing, painting etc, which is a bit weird, when you consider that my Dad, mum and one brother are all artists and sculpturer's. The skill seems to have completely missed me out.
I like what you've done with your pleasure shot, good light, good composition. It's unmistakable as to what it is.
thanks I'm only allowed in when I'm taking pics of her paintings lol

Great shot for tools Ian, loving the sparks flying off and the exposure is spot on with a nice wheel blur.
thanks for that tried different shutter speeds slower did not seem to work as good as this one

Hi Ian

You have a great local attraction, good focus, it's all sharp from foreground to the hills at the back. Nice area of sun shinning on the hill. Alternative crops may give a completely different look.I tried a more letter box one when scrolling the browser which also works well.

Nice Studio your partner has, plenty of space. Interesting set of brushes.

Tools, nice effect with the sparks.

Good exposure and contrast, etc on all photos.

Pete,

Hi Ian

You have a great local attraction, good focus, it's all sharp from foreground to the hills at the back. Nice area of sun shinning on the hill. Alternative crops may give a completely different look.I tried a more letter box one when scrolling the browser which also works well.

Nice Studio your partner has, plenty of space. Interesting set of brushes.

Tools, nice effect with the sparks.

Good exposure and contrast, etc on all photos.

Pete,
thanks for the feedback still quite new to posting pics that's only half of the brushes she has the only thing I'm allowed to do is clean them lol

Two super images there Ian!(y)

Pleasure: Lovely looking studio space...and clean too! Nice touch placing the focus on the brushes in the foreground. Well captured.
Tool: Great image! I remember doing something similar for a theme last year...I can certainly appreciate the difficulty getting the sparks 'just right' - but you've managed it very well, excellent work!

Pleasure- I like that you have included the brushes in the foreground.
Tools - nice shot I really like the sparks.

Last edited:
There's three lovely images there Ian, to start off the 52. I loe the shot of the studio and if it were mine I might just crop into the left hand side a little.

There's three lovely images there Ian, to start off the 52. I loe the shot of the studio and if it were mine I might just crop into the left hand side a little.
yes thanks for that think your right will have a play with it later

Pleasure - Nice use of fore and mid ground objects to add dimension to the shot
Tools - Works well, capturing the sparks flying (but not frozen) and the speed of the grinding wheel. Colour si good and nicely focused in on the action.

Could I ask that you title the shots in the main thread when you post, it makes it easier for me to keep the spreadsheet up to date / avoid errors. ta :)

I like your image for pleasure nice and colourful as Tim says there is plenty of depth to it.

Great take on Tools Ian good action shot.

Looks good, a good shutter speed, giving just the right amount of motion.

Back