What did the postman bring you today!!?

And my 2 new arrivals
dsc_0113-jpg.59052
That's a biggun'!

You know it's bad when the postman you don't know from Adam knocks on the door and says "morning Rob, more photography stuff?"!

I was about to discuss my new Velbon Ultra Maxi L tripod he'd just handed over but I could see he really didn't care! He should be pleased to know that's the last delivery for a while now! :)

Nothing for me today.. I need to sell some of my Canon gear before I can buy anything else :(

A Canon 17-40 f4L from MPB, but it wasn't the one I ordered, so it's going back. A bit frustrating, but they've sorted it out and will send another, slightly better condition graded one in exchange early next week. Fair play.

Had a Sirui P424 monopod and L-10 tilting head delivered today.

Let's hope the weekend is dry enough to try it out :)

Dave.
Would really like to hear your thoughts on it I keep hovering over that deal for my Nikon 500 VR

No problem asking the question Gary :) to be fair it was more the head as have a manfrotto 680b monopod, not a big weight saving but every little helps as will be trekking a fair bit in Scotland in 3 weeks, but head I'm more interested in as attaching direct to monopod is fine most of time but looking up for birds in flight etc is a little more awkward and I've some Amazon vouchers burning a hole in my pocket lol

Always good to get stuff, but my new tablet arrival mildly tainted by discovery my old one isn't knackered after all. It wouldn't boot. Just kept dying. Was plugged into the charger, so assumed not a flat battery. After ordering and when new one was already in the post noticed the charger cable had broke around the plug through constant use. So ordered a new charger too!! Now I have two tablets :oops: :$

No problem asking the question Gary :) to be fair it was more the head as have a manfrotto 680b monopod, not a big weight saving but every little helps as will be trekking a fair bit in Scotland in 3 weeks, but head I'm more interested in as attaching direct to monopod is fine most of time but looking up for birds in flight etc is a little more awkward and I've some Amazon vouchers burning a hole in my pocket lol
I did assume it would be for weight saving,however everyone makes the totally wrong assumption regarding weight saving from Carbon Fibre, its just not true, the Manfrotto 680B if fine but weight 980grm, the Sirui weight 610grms, However the Giottos MML 3270B and MML 3260B weigh less, have 4 sections, can handle 12kg and are shorter when folded

So if you need to save even more weight, you dont need to go down the more expensice CF routs

Last edited:
Thanks Gary, appreciated. Other one I was interested in is the nest http://www.nest-style.com/ntm229c-carbon-fibre-monopod.html purely as I have their systematic tripod and was blown away by the quality of it for the money, really well made and felt like a Gitzo 5 series! So would like to think the monopod was as good, will take a look at your suggestions too and look forward to hearing about the sirui head as its great value and looks similar the the very expensive RRS one

I bagged a 27mm last week and impressed with it. Expected build to be a bit poor but is actually decent and great FOV for general town/city walkabout.

I bagged a 27mm last week and impressed with it. Expected build to be a bit poor but is actually decent and great FOV for general town/city walkabout.

I was impressed with the quality seems pretty sharp. Miss the aperture ring but using the dial isn't really a problem.

… a Light Blaster.

It's not a tool but a toy… for canon users!
Quite disappointed!
Surely goes back.

Well DPD were supposed to deliver my XE-2 on Friday but didn't despite it being a 'Guaranteed Delivery' - then they said they will come today but haven't - now they say they will come tomorrow (Sunday). I just want to get my hands on my new toy!!

Would really like to hear your thoughts on it I keep hovering over that deal for my Nikon 500 VR
Head and monopod worked well Adam. Only wish something interesting would have turned up to photograph.

I think the adjustable head is quite a lot better than just fixing straight to the pod - I was trying it on seagulls as there was nothing much else around and it got me shots that a direct mount onto the monopod would have struggled with (in my hands anyway)

Not sure I would pay the £100 ish pounds for it though (on Amazon) it only added around £40 when bundled with the monopod though.

Dave.

Head and monopod worked well Adam. Only wish something interesting would have turned up to photograph.

I think the adjustable head is quite a lot better than just fixing straight to the pod - I was trying it on seagulls as there was nothing much else around and it got me shots that a direct mount onto the monopod would have struggled with (in my hands anyway)

Not sure I would pay the £100 ish pounds for it though (on Amazon) it only added around £40 when bundled with the monopod though.

Dave.
Thanks Dave appreciate the feedback cheapest I've seen as a deal is £159 is that correct? Or better deal elsewhere ? I'm still tempted with nest or Garry's suggestion for monopod and find better pricing on head

Thanks Dave appreciate the feedback cheapest I've seen as a deal is £159 is that correct? Or better deal elsewhere ? I'm still tempted with nest or Garry's suggestion for monopod and find better pricing on head

I paid £165 Adam - so a few quid more than what you have seen.

I was looking at Gitzo monopods but decided to go with something £100 cheaper (with head included!) Happy enough with it after the first outing

I paid £165 Adam - so a few quid more than what you have seen.

I was looking at Gitzo monopods but decided to go with something £100 cheaper (with head included!) Happy enough with it after the first outing
Thanks again, will look forward to hearing more about it in coming weeks :) I need to sort some thing out by 1st April when we head to Scotland

My new 6D + 24-105 F4L kit arrived from HDEW this morning. Very much looking forward to getting some test shot in this evening and out and about at the weekend. Rectified 17-40 F4L order from MPB should be here by then also.

Toshiba Chromebook 2 with full HD screen ... awesome buy! Suddenly all my lenses seem tack sharp when I look at my photo's!!

Back