What have you done with your camera today

The weather forecast was wrong and we had a bit of sun today so I managed to get out for an hour and put a roll of film through two old cameras I've just had back from the repairers. :) They're both entirely mechanical so no batteries to go flat and spoil my fun ;) The downside is that I have to wait until I get the films back from the lab before I can see the results. :whistle:

Where in town. Did some shots with EOS 1V until the FP4 was done and put in a Kodak Portra 400, but switched then to the digital, as it got darker and ISO 400 was not enough anymore.

Spent a lovely day up Derwent valley in the Peak District photographing the river west end with my misses.

Sean.

Took it with us on our visit to the Lego store in
Leicester Sq, still have a lot of
learning to do....

I've been walking in the wood, no snow but frost:

AJ1A9317.jpg

Froze near St Mary's lighthouse but nit as much as the mad fools who went in to the water on Tynemouth beach. Camera still defrosting in the bag... was going to go back for sunset but one of us is asleep and as we have a funeral on Thursday, am not interrupting the sleeping.

What have I done with my camera today? Looked at it wishing I had brought a memory card along as well.

Took it to the panto with my daughters and nieces.
"It's behind you!"
IMG_20161228_224826.jpg

Last edited:
Visited Lincoln cathedral to take some photo 'notes' with my pocket camera (Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ80) for my Grotesques project. I shall return later with the 80D and a tripod to do a proper job of the grotesques. These are 100 or so feet up and were hand held, so a bit blurry.

hShDulchxMaQfDDLJdlyKNseqCfQ7yhSncT051wVxaYo8P5j7npF_n1s1VOO7fNox2R3QID8OvMDIEmab4VYKJRRa8NaJJuqUATm7wmh2dc4oPIAg2ddlHX5kb5IgX8GGiMN7LnANaJWSupLu2quDcvu8mjqlYmWQN8s56E8Ps-F8Ju4zhEL6udWGdO2EDtv2egAkYGUQ2arOCQKZ5dEQrS6dffeuJMZHQxmWpzHLkZOt7QoWaEqyY-Qmy2hj2_GiBKHJbfFxiUD6gI6AnYwdTgUx0gj7IdCVeIY3lKgnHJ3i-vZYQVAn1yrmOE3nXyp3oUk0l1HdwRFqWt3o7-BMtIW_onMj05MM_jGBQpFg-eSQ5fVhrKu3J5gYIOZMAdHJw5siH87cuvttGWxKcfyipd2EHWycdhbUKXglJdT0MwA0GpsVWe1_EicAErGjhGh_1mNVrpFRd70aIPy52ELQ0uBLPtMyUUxkWlt7e4TGWGggvkClfdC-_SHeAjlz4CxKNw_NFkyIx4q83hxdGd49qK7dcO5Ezpqzmd8vZ3-YWJseI8sXZL25j2TgMuJJgDf0CpHR1VW8Yzsh2w_9AZ7tukY6sbrC1rishwv2E_nEJ38JoWTrV6t=w1000-h750-no

QTzgn8mB63tjOAkbXGTKCj-Qj90QDsVj6zdGjOGGeVgHCea4lW6Yfwzs7re_VNQE11yiEAzjpgYXuOQOEbxjMz1fcNh23-FBJ0bAalEDJ1e2bp5R0efMDzL6vKM4qykUWEZe6SfmDr7SiE4gQUoB1dw27IGfTFuuQXdynWXOfHGuespT1elcOweiOTq3mJ7AVAKQFNxFu7CaqJ39hTBK-mV4HZnBJCcLLglN8sfLJHhttAHBifD3oC7HmekAS5IRobVFeNcZsKp1GgJ5Tz1EvUr9XGDnElw2QVIuFdn8jFqeP6SuBn-dW1sKzNtMgteXecjiyh3vUULQVgEoRsNXrAoYOW3y7n8pgFA6xMRqxmm3FgEQmCK_fNJ2i6JXiwb3t9HqTAnZ7S5EYyhCZQM7Cx9Vgd0culZCrCyyitkMtra9CkmuWwFvGUnUejqR8h8I3HKHEbR6TgNuCh9dZ8dMOA2GMV-j3TWswwaynN2tdB825ljaqChC-Acp7SgcBLim7qg2bMDWbRluWwjUtZfkmxVyyuSkjh3JmY5_gJCcrYmV-35F_eFf-463XUu-QWISRb-uDmWzv2xKz18eLOKrYBYLiKp-9dHJrb_960TfCdA4SrYGsEwh=w1000-h750-no

Last edited:
Dungeness. Bright and sunny but very cold. This fishing boat has seen better days but could probably tell some interesting tales

Dungeness 3 Jan03 by Norman Thomas, on Flickr

First studio shoot with a model today (y) it's much harder than it looks!

Made some photos while driving in the car and I thought, my camera is defective. Very often the shutter remained open and the resulting picture was clear white. The other time it worked pretty good. After a while I recognized, that before the failure I must have always pressed accidently the asterix-button with my gloves (cold in the morning), which this time stores aperture values, instead of switching AF on and holding the camera down to my lap, it measured long exposure times, but for the lap and not for outside.

So it turned out, the camera is pretty well. :LOL:

Last edited:
ice hockey today! proved to be a test of high ISO as dark + fast....

Been into Cardiff for a spot of Street. Wasn't feeling it today though.

'just arrived & took it out of the packing and started to use it ! :)
That's crazy.

Normally you have to shoot test charts for at least the first three weeks before you may use it. :D

got a few new rolls of ilford xp2 - just starting out in film and excited to see what I can do with these!

Good to see more film users, @jyc62 . Pop over to the Film & Conventional section, friendly supportive bunch!

Birling Gap East Sussex

Today took my Nikon D800 for a bit of exercise as i have not used it this year. View is looking toward Eastbourne

Favourite place for walkers doing this part of the south coast
met a young lady called Sarah while there who has a Nikon D3200 and just stating out in photography. Hope she joins this forum as I told here about it

Last edited:
More practise at bird photography with my 80D and Tamron 200-500 lens. It has to be said that this lens is not the fastest at focussing, nor the most accurate but patience is helping and I have plenty of other things to worry about beside speed of focus.Bluethroat-61.jpg

Bluethroat-44.jpg
I have had a go at cropping to see how quickly the image deteriorates:
Bluethroat-44 crop 1.jpg
Bluethroat-44 crop 2.jpg

While I am fairly pleased with these, I might have to throw caution to the wind and buy a Sigma 150-600 lens which seems to get a better press than my current lens

Studio photo shoot for a DJ. I do enjoy using the Hasselblad for studio (y)

Last edited:
Spent the evening playing with off camera flash in order to get a shot for my TP52 - I'm way behind, but this is why I wanted to do it - to make me try some different things.... I need to spend some time reading my flash manuals!!

Got the recently acquired Oly M1 out for a bit of 60's in the studio today, once again the lovely Emy playing "Mrs Peel"
with an improvised walking cane, :)
P2250006_Edit.jpg

Actually used it for probably the first time in nearly a year or so... :eek:

nothing fancy, but I wanted a picture of the newly restored old bike, before I take it out this weekend and get it filthy (as seems inevitable at this time of year...)

Raleigh, with a side order of Raleigh by The Big Yin, on Flickr

Back