weekly WMD's 52 for 2016 - Weeks 43, 44, 45 & 46 all added!

Abandoned....Ummm yeah...I don't think that''s going anywhere in a hurry :D
Nice and theme fitting Matt.
Don't worry....as Winter says, we're our own worst critics sometimes.

Happy - a lovely image, good DOF, and I think the b&w suits the image very well. I do hope " the missus " is feeling better now.

Abandoned - another nice image that fits the theme, my only niggle is the white ball in the water I'd of cloned that out. Would of been nice to have seen this image in colour, keep up the good work.

That is is a sorry state, makes you wonder how it got there doesn't it.
Why is it that abandoned boats are always in inaccesible places?

Anyway, nicely on theme but I feel a bit of colour would help it.

Love that I doubt it will be causing the waterways anytime soon. I like the B&W conversion but I would be interested to see the colour version

I'm generally for colour over mono, muted colour would suit, I think.

Nice find, def says Abandoned. (y)

Nice picture like the b/w at first glance I thought it was somewhere exotic nice find(y)

Abandoned is perfect Matt, really like the B&W treatment and the image is well balanced.

Oh dear - what a shame. It does make a very sorry looking Abandoned. Well taken Matt

Thanks for the feedback everyone! I've attached the colour version below, I don't know if I like it more or not at this point - not really a big fan of the shot in any guise, but hey it's done!
L5MRP2l.jpg

I thought the different bits of green were a little distracting?

Just uploading week 6 now...

OK, so here's week 6, camouflage.
As mentioned last week, I'd noted the previous few shots had all been black & white - so time to change it up...
6/52 - Camouflage by Matt, on Flickr

Decided to play it simple...and blue! I think I could've played around in PP to get the blues a closer match, but decided against it in the end! Hoping to catch up with everyone else's submissions later tonight and then on to Dangerous! :D

Up the blues Matt - good take on Camouflage ... incognito eh! :)

Reactions: WMD
Great submission for camouflage like it very much.

Gaz

Thanks for the feedback everyone! I've attached the colour version below, I don't know if I like it more or not at this point - not really a big fan of the shot in any guise, but hey it's done!
L5MRP2l.jpg

I thought the different bits of green were a little distracting?

Just uploading week 6 now...

Thanks for showing it in colour! You're right, the B&W is much nicer. The greenery in the back looks quite messy in the colour version.

Lovely blues in Camouflage. It's a simple, obvious photo but at the same time quite creative with the back-turned person all covered up with a hoodie. :)

Abandoned - nicely shot and well processed. Composition is very good for me, although I might be tempted to clone out the buoy? Well spotted and definitely on theme. I prefer the B&W!
Camouflage - that's a really nice one. The blue tones work so well - very calming. I'm more of a light blue myself, so you can leave out that nasty dark blue stuff ;) Seriously though, it's a fab image and well imagined and executed to boot. (y)

Camouflaged is epic, just quality,
:agree:

I think you were wise not to play with the tones in PP. This is a bit abstracty blue on blue, nothing more. (y)

And thanks for the Abandoned boat in colour ... I like it.

Abandoned - lovely shot, and the high contrast B&W has brought out loads of detail.

Camouflage - love the idea, it's simple but effective

Camouflage.
Very simple....very nice.
Great for the theme.

Happy - great picture I like the hand in the back ground and the sparkle on the ring
Abandoned - Great shot and I am glad you shared the colour picture but your right much better in the b/w
Camoflaged - very minimalist spot on for the theme I like it

Danger -
Had good fun with this weeks danger shot, was good to explore different settings (shutterspeeds, ISO etc) to see what worked best. My strategy with this was to go for a fast shutter to capture the sparks, which in turn meant I had to dial up the ISO to compensate, so there is quite a bit of noise.

As much fun as this was, don't be playing with fire - it's dangerous after all! ;)
7/52 - Danger(ous) by Matt, on Flickr

I'm not entirely happy with the positioning, but it was the best I could do whilst taking the photo in one hand and striking the lighter in the other.
Anyway, on to week 8! :)

Hi Matt :)

Miniature - This one made me smile, nicely set up and perfect stance from the toy and the cute kitty :)

Happy - Diamonds... say no more, a good sparkle and some nice close in detail too :)

Abandoned - For me it's the colour version, although I would like to see the buoy cloned out, a nice old wreck, the branches around it add a nice bit of interest to the surrounding bank :)

Camouflaged - Ha Haaaaa colour coded to your avatar too :D

Hi Matt. I like the experimentation you did and the end result makes it all so worthwhile. Quite a striking (ignore the pun) shot with all those sparks flying around the flame. Never thought to attempt that so may try that experiment myself. Well done. :clap:

I was going to ask if you'd added sparkle to the flame but readling Flickr it appears not! Brilliant capture of the flame and it acts well as the light source for your hand.

Well executed shot there Matt, especially close up on flickr.
I'm not seeing any graininess (maybe the tablet screen), but what I can see is very impressive.
The way you've caught the sparks is brilliant.

Isn't it amazing what the camera can capture. Looks good zoomed on Flickr. Top stuff. :clap:

Back