weekly Wornish's 52 2022 Week 52 added : Showcase

An interesting set of images David, I like the second one the best. For your chosen image I might have cropped out the dark sides of the wall on the left and right sides (and maybe even the dark top?).

Week 9 - Damp, Technique Reflection

Taken just before the rain started again!

Damp_Reflection.jpg

Alternative version a close up

Damp_Reflection_Closeup.jpg

Last edited:
Well, you're quick of the mark! Works well for the theme and the technique.

Nice image David, I think that #2 works the best for me.

Like the low angle and the damp pavement with the one puddle that draws your attention.

Certainly damp!
Image 2 overall for me I think, although the tree is reflected better in image 1

Nice pictures, it'll be the second picture for me the ripples in the puddle add an interesting effect.

I'm not usually a fan of funky angles, but that first damp shot works well. The vibrant colours in the grass lift it.

Nice image David, both on theme & tech. In preference I like the 2nd image, the ripples make me wonder what caused them ... adds interest to the image

Thanks all for the feedback. Not sure what caused the ripple in the second one.

Week 10 - Seen Through a Window

About 30 minutes after Cobra's post I was having my lunch thinking about what to do for the challenge when this guy turned up.

Back-Window.jpg

A couple of others.

Seen through the diamond window:

Diamond-Window.jpg

Garden Path seen through the back door:

Garden-Path.jpg

Last edited:
Lovely shot of the pheasant, and great windows by the way!

Spot on David.
You've framed it so that there is no doubt it is through a window.

Last edited:
The pheasant image is great, nicely done.

I like your chosen shot David, but the diamond window is the one that stands out for me.

Definitely a vote for the pheasant. Thankfully we don't have as many in the garden these days as they've stopped the local shoot :)

Definitely a vote for the pheasant. Thankfully we don't have as many in the garden these days as they've stopped the local shoot :)
We still have local shoots and some of the pheasants know our garden is a safe haven. We currently have two males and one female who stand under the bird feeder catching the fall out.

Yep the pheasant for me as well.
We have the blasted things in the garden as well, at this time of year they are trying to attract females by crowing and wing flapping .. nice to see and hear ... but not at 5.30 in the morning.

There's a great suspicious look on the Pheasant's face, but I really like the composition of the diamond window too.

Week 11 - Technology

Seems you need more tools to open Today's Tech.

Tools.jpg

Some alternatives

Early Computer

Old-Tech.jpg

Remember Vacuum Tubes

Vacuum-Tube.jpg

Or what about The Sony Mini Disk Walkman long gone.

MD-Tech.jpg

or Astro Tech

Astro-Tech.jpg

Last edited:
Quick off the mark there David! Your chosen shot is what I'd have chosen :)

Good set David, I like them all. Can't decide which is my favourite.

A great set of images David. I like the shiny screwdriver set.

Nice set of picture, the tools work but my favourite one is the Sony Mini Disc player. I had one as well and even a Mini Disc player in the car.
I must be getting old!

All good for the theme.
Walkman was quite a step forward at the time I seem to remember.

An interesting selection... and a remembrance of times past. You've captured some nice light on the screwdrivers as well.

Gotta hand it to you - that's a quick response. Nicely shot too. Fits the theme erm... like a glove :D

I'm not sure if the gloves were carefully placed, but the leaves add to the discarded feel. They definitely look like they have seen better days.

I'm not sure if the gloves were carefully placed, but the leaves add to the discarded feel. They definitely look like they have seen better days.
You were not supposed to notice that:). They might have been.

They are my gardening gloves which have seen better days and will be replaced soon!.
I did place them just outside the garage where the leaves were on the ground to try and create a bit of drama

Back