Wornish's 52 in 2024 added Week 17: Structure

Interesting shot David, is that an old watermill? Looks like a semi circular bit of brickwork on its side near the stream.

I think it is an old watermill, the wheel was removed a long time ago. The water level in the brook that runs around it is probably 30 cm or more higher than normal and is flowing very quickly.

You can see the damp in the brickwork outside. A building used to being wet I suspect. Nice composition keeping the path on the LH side. Good stuff!

Nice, and like the path leading away. Think I'd be a little worried if I owned the it!

You had me at abandoned, I love this type of subject. Very nice composition.

^^^^ Both :)

Nice one - driven home perfectly :D

No comment on the puns or the great minds or fools statement. I'll just say you hit the nail on the head. Sorry I couldn't help myself.

I like the close crop on this, and well focused. Great that you can also just see the hammer in the background.

Close to home, looks very peaceful. Good leading lines
Hard, like the focus and dof. Very popular subject this week

Fits the bill nicely and well taken. Nice to see some not in a tube!!

Week 3: Soft

"Soft as a Brush" ( a lens brush)

Note to self must clean my lens!

Soft.jpg

Last edited:
Quick off the mark as always David! Works nicely for the theme.

Both themes work really well. The positioning of the hammer for "hard" was a lovely added touch.

I think the composition of "soft" could have been a little better. The les is off centre and feels cropped awkwardly & the brush is sort of "appearing" from the right. Maybe just cropping the top of the frame to make it the same as the bottom would be better? Only reason I mention it is because of the Hammer one above which I think is really nicely arranged.

Bang on theme (just like the hammer haha). Maybe agreeing with Harlequin about the crop, or is it the way the brush handle kinda disappears?

Thanks for the crop feedback. I didn't have anything to hold the brush properly but I will find a fix for future shots.

Compositionally that was the exact shot that popped into my head when the theme was announced! Well shot, those bubbles on the left really pop.

Week 5: Snappers Choice

Village Hall in the Golden Hour
(taken this evening)
Village Hall Golden Hour.jpg

Last edited:
Certainly a golden look with this. It looks familiar but unless it's in Bradford, it can't be the one I am thinking of.

love your water shot mine is on a similar theme but I think yours is better glad I hadn't seen it before I posted or I might have had to do something else.

Back