weekly Posiview's 2013 52. Week 52, Water added TTFN.

Wow Andy !!!

That is really, really clever.
Beautifully lit and thought out, but I do have to agree with the others that the roots could have done with being a touch clearer.

Anyone would have thought that you knew this theme was coming and had planted that out in advance (have you been having a sneaky peek in the themes bag? :bat: )

p.s. Really not bothered with the border one way or the other.

Hi Andy

Below - works for me . - creative thinking. As others have said, poss a little dark but i do like the overall lighting. And the border works well.

Cheers, yeah the roots. See below.

Hi Andy,
Very effective take on the weeks theme (y)
Lovely lighting on the leaf parts of the plant but just losing a little on the roots.
Care to share how this was done?

Thanks, the roots, see below and see below for a 'how it was done' photograph.

Cheers

Pattern: I love how both images work together.

Movement: Really like the b&w one, nice movement in the flag and sea. The sheep ones funny, if you rattle a bag of food they come quick enough lol

Below: I love that shot! Fantastic, would love to know how it was done!

Appreciate the FB (y)

See below and see below for a 'how it was done' photograph.

Wow Andy !!!

That is really, really clever.
Beautifully lit and thought out, but I do have to agree with the others that the roots could have done with being a touch clearer.

Anyone would have thought that you knew this theme was coming and had planted that out in advance (have you been having a sneaky peek in the themes bag? :bat: )

p.s. Really not bothered with the border one way or the other.

I've always tried to use some kind of mind control for the themes :D

See below for 'how it was done' photograph.

Cheers.

Give that man a Blue Peter badge :LOL:

Thanks for posting your set-up Andy, much appreciated (y)

Clever idea Andy and well executed, just a little more light on the roots for me.

(y)

Give that man a Blue Peter badge :LOL:

Thanks for posting your set-up Andy, much appreciated (y)

Clever idea Andy and well executed, just a little more light on the roots for me.

(y)

Very clever, thanks for sharing

Good set up Andy. Quite simple really what you have done but then you have produced a super photo. It's the imagination of the image and then the translation to finished product - impressive :clap:

Cheers all appreciate the FB.

Well, my first attempt at forced perspective failed. I could not get both subjects in focus, even with small aperture. Tried to blend multiple exposures but it wasn't working.

I have a grey simple idea and I might try it tonight. Also another potrait which I might also try.

Cheers all, and happy commenting ;) :nono:

Nice shot and a great idea. Thanks for explaining.

Nice shot and a great idea. Thanks for explaining.

Cheers, enjoyed this one.

Wow, that's amazing. I'm a fan of the border in this case. So I have to ask, have you shot this against the white and then adjusted in PP or used very clever lighting?

Thanks. Sometimes ideas just pop into my mind. The photograph was taken against a black BG and slight levels adjust. The 'how I did it' photograph was one when I was going to do a subtle HDR to get more detail in the roots.

Saturday soon:)

Hi, all, left Size to the last minute and booked the afternoon off.

However, the weather conspired against me and it chucked it down. I, therefore, had to resort to one of the test photographs. Family meal out tonight so not time for reshoot...:bonk:

Anyways, enough :baby:

Cheers.

Week 23 Size by andysheader (Posiview), on Flickr

Hahahaha that is brilliant! Test shot? OMG so not posting what I took today!

I have to ask why does your head look a tad purple/ red? Bit of a hot spot on your head as well other than that I think it's another great effort :clap:

Between you and iain posting some very imaginative stuff I feel very inadequate!

Excellent, I take it the red face is intended? very good for a test shot can't crit anything there :clap:

:LOL: Love it Andy,
Forced perspective just as you called it earlier in the week (y)

Your choice of processing lends itself to the image, everything exagerrated if that makes sense?
The boosted contrast and saturation make it a very bold image.

You did mention it was a test image so I am unsure about offering any further critique as you had to "post and be damned" under your circumstances.
My one observation I will make is that the shoes are a little tight to the sides of the frame but other than that, not a lot else to add.

Cheers (y)

Have a good night and I will see you in the week ;)

detail and size of those boots is tremendous Andy (y)

Not liking the not level bench, and the hotspot on your forehead draws attention away from the legs and boots.

Pretty believable that your feet are actually inside them.

Nice one!

Hahahaha that is brilliant! Test shot? OMG so not posting what I took today!

I have to ask why does your head look a tad purple/ red? Bit of a hot spot on your head as well other than that I think it's another great effort :clap:

Between you and iain posting some very imaginative stuff I feel very inadequate!

Excellent, I take it the red face is intended? very good for a test shot can't crit anything there :clap:

Well thought out.

Good subject, toes just in the frame making them seem even larger.

:LOL: Love it Andy,
Forced perspective just as you called it earlier in the week (y)

Your choice of processing lends itself to the image, everything exagerrated if that makes sense?
The boosted contrast and saturation make it a very bold image.

You did mention it was a test image so I am unsure about offering any further critique as you had to "post and be damned" under your circumstances.
My one observation I will make is that the shoes are a little tight to the sides of the frame but other than that, not a lot else to add.

Cheers (y)

Have a good night and I will see you in the week ;)

Great colours in this one. I was thinking of a similar theme but couldn't pull it off. The bench not being horizontal i find slightly distracting.

detail and size of those boots is tremendous Andy (y)

Not liking the not level bench, and the hotspot on your forehead draws attention away from the legs and boots.

Pretty believable that your feet are actually inside them.

Nice one!

Cheers all, appreciate the FB.

Yeah, there are issues and the bench is actually on a slight slope and I usually 'shop it to level it off, but I had a nice resteraunt waiting for me with a cracking pizza and several Peronis :D

I don't often use OCF in my softbox but gave it a go and it really does pull out th colours.

Now, onto Process.

Cheers.

Andy that's MAD (in a good way of course) :)

I thought you had PP'd the boots in and then the penny dropped when I read other peoples comments, very clever indeed, I bow to you :clap:

Now.... WTF are we going to do for process? :puke:

Just saw that setup shot... Thanks for posting it Andy. It all adds to the old data bank of options for shots down the line... The lesson is very much appreciated. :)

PS: That looks like an interesting process. :naughty:

Last edited:
Andy that's MAD (in a good way of course) :)

I thought you had PP'd the boots in and then the penny dropped when I read other peoples comments, very clever indeed, I bow to you :clap:

Now.... WTF are we going to do for process? :puke:

Cheers.

I always refer to a dictionary as my first port of call for inspiration :D

Hahaaaa that's excellent mate :LOL: :clap:

Cheers (y)

Just saw that setup shot... Thanks for posting it Andy. It all adds to the old data bank of options for shots down the line... The lesson is very much appreciated. :)

PS: That looks like an interesting process. :naughty:

No worries, it's all about sharing here (y)

Another clever idea Andy, very good work.

Hi ya :wave:

think your shot for Size is one of your best matey......fab idea & really well exectuted . In terms of crit the slightly sloping bench has been mentioned......so I'll mention something even smaller knowing that you are a stickler for detail......there's a smidge of white behind the left boot ( looking at the shot )on the rhs , which I'm guessing is your trainer ? I seem to hve missed the set up shot which I'd be really interested to see....

The image also begs me to ask......thermal leggings ?

Great shot though mister ,cracking colors,really punchy...& a fab idea :wave:

Hi ya :wave:

think your shot for Size is one of your best matey......fab idea & really well exectuted . In terms of crit the slightly sloping bench has been mentioned......so I'll mention something even smaller knowing that you are a stickler for detail......there's a smidge of white behind the left boot ( looking at the shot )on the rhs , which I'm guessing is your trainer ? I seem to hve missed the set up shot which I'd be really interested to see....

The image also begs me to ask......thermal leggings ?

Great shot though mister ,cracking colors,really punchy...& a fab idea :wave:

Cheers, yeah, the more I look the more I'm annoyed it didn't have more time.

Thermal leggings, indeed :D. In my original idea I had a whacky, colourful T shirt on, one of Isabelle's mad hats and my facial expression as supposed to be even more maniacal.

Never mind, one for a reshoot (y)

Great idea Andy, love the way you've made the boots look ginormous. The blister looking spot/highlight on your forehead, is slightly distracting for me.

Very creative shot, well done you

Hi Andy
not obvious to me :thinking: is it the camera or the processing of the image, excuse me for being a bit thick.
Sorry for not being able to add anything constructive

Back