2013 ETC...... completed......winner announced

Don't know why it cost you 69p; it's free here!

So, not long to go til the final month. How has my hardy little bunch been getting on? I'm loving the efforts you are producing. You're making it quite hard for us :LOL:

Well done chaps and see you in December

Cheers Kelly, it's been great fun! Shame there haven't been more participants, and hense more comments, but the themes you've set have been a real education :)

I hope you will be partaking next year :D

I'll definitely be participating in one challenge or another, and this one's been less intense than the 52 (despite requiring more shots overall), so probably :)

I'll definitely be participating in one challenge or another, and this one's been less intense than the 52 (despite requiring more shots overall), so probably :)

I'm looking to have another go at this one. On the tail end of my 3rd year of TP52 and although I still enjoy it, I feel I need to take a year out. I might do the ETC and POTY.

As Mark says limited numbers but those that remain have shown great dedication and produced some crackers....

Cheers.

Having complete a 52 couple of year ago I actually enjoy this year's 12 more. Although there are more shots per month but much perfer the relaxing method of completing various themes over a month and also the different challenging technique and genre of photography.

Very likely I will join in again next year too. Shame there are only 5 of us for most of the year.

My first full year on TP and I have been watching from the etc. from the sidelines, after doing a '52 this year I am seriously considering doing the etc. in 2014.

(y)The end is nigh.....

Not sure whether I'm :banana:or :runaway: or :crying: or :nuts: or :clap: or:banana:

Sufice to say...linky

Cheers and here's hoping for a good final month.

Cheers again, Kelly for the themes

(y)The end is nigh.....

Not sure whether I'm :banana:or :runaway: or :crying: or :nuts: or :clap: or:banana:

Sufice to say...linky

Cheers and here's hoping for a good final month.

Cheers again, Kelly for the themes

Quite :)

Bit quiet comments wise though; was hoping for a final push!

Me too. I can say with complete conviction that I will do every single December theme that's currently up ;)

Quick Andy, before the themes are posted, get over to my thread and give us a bit of feedback. There's 4 new shots :)

Please.

Pretty please?

So, so sorry. I never noticed November leave and December arrive.

Easy theme though for the end of the challenge

Ooh, I like that; a second chance on some of the ones I wanted to do, but never got around to :)

Thanks Kelly.

OK, I've just checked and this means I need to choose 6 out of the 17 I've not done (meaning I've averaged 4.58 themes completed each month!). Not sure if that's a good opportunity, or a difficult choice!!!!!

You've only missed 17 themes? I am impressed. I've really enjoyed setting the themes for you all. Next year will be the same themes but you won't know when you're going to get them. Really going to mix it up :LOL:

That was the idea to give you a chance to pick ones you hadn't yet tried but wanted to :)

Hmmmmm, been quiet around here :thinking:

I'm sum, I've enjoys the project. Found it quite hard at times but rewarding.

FWIW, those that have finished, you should be very proud because there really have been some cracking photographs. Overall, and not to detract from everyone's submissions, for overall quality and variety I think Mark (Southdowns) pipped us all at the post :) IMO, of course.

I'll give next year's ETC a miss and focus on my 4th year of the 52 and I'm going to give the POTY a go.

I'll make sure I comment on December's submissions.

Once again :clap: to all those who finished the project.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Andy, there are two Marks :) Even if you are referring to me, which would be very kind, I think the overall success has to be judged on how much someone has improved, and while I've learned a heck of a lot, I don't think I get that accolade.

I've loved this. I'm unsure about doing it again next year, mainly because I'm not so keen on doing the same themes over again (if they were new, or even if half would be, I'd be in like a shot), but will be doing something, that's for sure.

Well done everyone. It's been a small group, but quality beats quantity any time :)

Andy, there are two Marks :) Even if you are referring to me, which would be very kind, I think the overall success has to be judged on how much someone has improved, and while I've learned a heck of a lot, I don't think I get that accolade.

I've loved this. I'm unsure about doing it again next year, mainly because I'm not so keen on doing the same themes over again (if they were new, or even if half would be, I'd be in like a shot), but will be doing something, that's for sure.

Well done everyone. It's been a small group, but quality beats quantity any time :)

Second time I've done that....edited.

I didn't view it as an improvement tool, more as a creative project.

Cheers all.

I've enjoyed it myself even though I got a bit distracted along the way.

I've learned a few things that I'll use again and some that I won't but I'd never know if I don't try.

Myself I've treated it as a try new things project, I've enjoyed most of the themes even if some have been more about processes than actual photography.

I'd like to thank all the participants who've made it this far and also to Kelly for sorting themes etc (y)

Well, i've enjoyed watching from the sidelines. Any Idea where to sign up for 2014?

If there's not going to be a group I might just print the themes out from this year and use them to plot my own course. :cow:

Well, i've enjoyed watching from the sidelines. Any Idea where to sign up for 2014?

If there's not going to be a group I might just print the themes out from this year and use them to plot my own course. :cow:

Hi, PM Kelly (Kelack) and ask. If you join in, PM me as I'd like to observe....because I lie cheese....and cows....and big balloons :rolleyes:

Cheers.

There will be a new challenge starting tomorrow. I will put January's themes up in the morning in a new thread. Unfortunately the themes will be the same but I will mix them all up

Well done to the guys who stuck with the challenge through the year and were patient with me!

The 2014 Challenge has now started and has a new thread. I will be unstickying and closing this one to avoid confusion but will add a link in to the 2014 thread for reference.

I am now going to start the sorting and judging process with the staff and we will announce the winner by 31st January

(Date changed)

So the votes have been counted and the results are in

The staff have voted that the photographer with the spirit of the challenge and the set of photos that were the best match is Mark (@Southdowns) with Andy (@posiview) a very close second

Well done all of you. It was a really tough decision as all 5 of you did so well

Last edited:
Many thanks.

I can't argue at all with the winner being Mark :clap: :clap:

Cracking show all and thanks again Kelly for organising the project (y)

Cheers.

Wow, thanks!

I'd like to say that this award is not for me, it's for everyone who helped make my photos what they are. Adobe, Sony, Sandisk and Manfrotto deserve particular recognition, but we mustn't forget those who don't normally get a mention. People such as Hama (lens cap), Specsavers (lens cloth, and the ability to see my subjects), B&Q (lights), and Asda (sets, and various other props).

I (blub) cannot stand here tonight without (sob) acknowledging the support I've had from my family (blub blub). Their selfless dedication to my craft (sob), tirelessly helping me find my memory cards, searching for lost batteries, and tolerance of the essential gear purchases, (blub, sob), has been what has got me through this difficult year.

To my fellow nominees, all I can say (sob, blub) is; we all won. I may have taken the trophy home, but we share the sense of satisfaction. I won't forget you, though contact may have to be by appointment only from now on.

Thank you to the academy forum for this accolade, which I will treasure for the rest of my week.

Mark (Mr Berry to you).

(Questions only via my agents please)

May I offer my congratulations Mr Berry ;)

I thought we all did ok but you, Stan and Andy seemed to put a little bit more into it.

Well done (y)

Back