2013 ETC...... completed......winner announced

Umm, that's Photoshop!!

Brill, thanks Kelly. I've always thought Gimp is an ugly looking programme (not that PSE is an oil painting), but I really should give it a go :)

I'm still here just a bit behind.

I've got a lot of personal stuff going on at the moment and for the near future so I'll probably drop behind a little but I will catch up.

Hi Mark, me too (moving house). I think I'm probably going to do it in bursts; most of my shots will probably go up in one go, and then I'll also have a one off commenting session.

So people, I'm not ignoring you!!!

Ah sod it stupid phone. I copied the wrong link. But it is possible in Gimp. You just need to google. I wouldn't have done anything you couldn't do without free software

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yML74H8icQo&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Actually, Gimp is the same as PSE and Pixelmator in that it has no warp tool. So you can do textures, just not the step to warp them to the contours of a face or other surface; that seems to be exclusive to full PS.

No big deal; it just needs a bit of thought to come up with an idea that doesn't need any warping :)

To me the theme says digitally overlay textures, no mention of warping them ;) so if you can't warp them, it's not a great deal :)

Cheers all.

You're right Kelly, it's not mentioned in the theme, though it is one of the steps in the tutorial you linked to :)

I think there's a terminology issue here. What Gimp calls the warp tool is called liquify in PS and PSE. The warp tool in PS lets you change the shape, including curvature, of a layer; it's an additional mode in the transform tool. A classic use is creating page turns, which are almost impossible in PSE.

Andy, yep, PSE has displacement maps, brilliant, thank you. There truly IS more than one way to skin a cat :)

Last edited:
Seems to be a bit quite so far this month :thinking:

Cheers.

Yes, I think it's because………...

I'm still here just a bit behind.

I've got a lot of personal stuff going on at the moment and for the near future so I'll probably drop behind a little but I will catch up.

Hi Mark, me too (moving house). I think I'm probably going to do it in bursts; most of my shots will probably go up in one go, and then I'll also have a one off commenting session.

So people, I'm not ignoring you!!!

Cheers all.

You're right Kelly, it's not mentioned in the theme, though it is one of the steps in the tutorial you linked to :)

rest of quote snipped

Ah but if I was to link to every tutorial there was covering it, a)where would be the challenge and b) the thread would be huge. I don't often post links to tutorials, feeling that you as the challenge takers should do the research into it yourself but this time I was feeling a little mellow.

So, no more tutorials :p :D

Is it October already?? :eek:

Ooh, interesting :)

Are you sure? ;) I think you've missed a theme :)

Hi Kelly :) I wouldn't mind a rules clarification if possible please. In the first post it says that

To qualify for this, you must have completed at least 6 months challenges throughout the year. You cannot use photos from other years. All photos must be taken in 2013. To be in with a chance of winning, you must have at least three photos from each month, taken in that month.

I guess my question is, is that "on average"? I've done more than three per month on average, and certainly more than three per month for six months minimum, but some months, especially last month and this, I've only done two because of my house move. Does that mean those months don't count at all?

It's too late to change it anyway, but it'd be good to know for November and December :)

Cheers,

Mark

Last edited:
By the way, none of the internal links (links within the forum) in your post, or for that matter in any post, are working now, with the new forum software :(

Also, I can't work out how to change the title of my first post in this thread like I used to be able to. Maybe that's one of the changes that's still to be implemented; hope so :)

Last edited:
Hello all.

Quiet here but I'm aware folk have stuff on.

Keep at it (y)

Yes, I was gutted actually, because I had a full list of ideas for all of October's themes, just no time at all to execute them :(

We're moving on 14th November, and will be in a furnished rented house, in a brand new area of the country, for a few weeks, so I'm hoping there'll be a bit of a respite until we can move in to our new purchase. That should allow me to do better in November :)

Just got to remember not to put my camera gear into storage with everything else!!

Right, a clarification. If you have 3 photos in at least 6 months, then this qualifies you to be in it to win it. So if you have 3 in March, 3 in June, 3 in July etc, this is qualification.

I have now put November's themes on

Right, a clarification. If you have 3 photos in at least 6 months, then this qualifies you to be in it to win it. So if you have 3 in March, 3 in June, 3 in July etc, this is qualification.

Cheers Kelly :)

I have now put November's themes on

Have you really though? ;) Not showing here :)

Lol, hang on, I'll try again

Brill, cheers Kelly.

How did you change the thread title? I need to do that with my thread but can't see the option.

Go to the top of the thread, you'll see Thread Tools and then Edit Thread

Aha, new place, but makes sense. Thanks :)

Ah yes, but this is a moving one :D

Hi all, found a cracking app for making GIFs, called GIFBOOM, cost me 69p :) works on iPad.

I can see myself having fun with this theme....although I've made a few, it's not easy when the JD has been flowing :beer::whistle:

Good heads up Andy, thanks for that :)

Umm, except it's not on the App Store. Are you jail broken?

Found it. It's iphone only, not universal, so although it works it's not listed as an iPad app :)

Last edited:
Back