2013 Photo52 Challenge : WEEK 52 Water

Orange for me plz mate
Okey Dokey (y)

I am in too, just got a 24-105l and a 10-22 with some Christmas cash, so now well equipped!
Excellent - Welcome Hugh :wave:

53 on board now with 15 week 1 submissions. Trust me...it's a longgggg wait until week 2 for those that have submitted :)

Cheers all.
You aint kidding... but for us that are still in 2012's the 5th seems awfully close already, just hoping they fix my PC soon :shake:

I'm a beginner but i'll certainly have a go. I can't promise results but welcome the opportunity to learn.

I'd like to have a go at this as well please. Really not getting the camera out enough lately!

I would like to try this. Sounds a great way to learn

Thanks

I'm a beginner but i'll certainly have a go. I can't promise results but welcome the opportunity to learn.

I'd like to have a go at this as well please. Really not getting the camera out enough lately!

I would like to try this. Sounds a great way to learn

Thanks
Blimey, more Guys and Gals... the more the merrier - Welcome to the 2013 nuthouse of 52'ers Dave, Claire & Chris :wave:

I'll go and add you all to the spreadsheet :)

Please count me in.

I think this is more realistic than the 365 challenge.

Carl

Please count me in.

I think this is more realistic than the 365 challenge.

Carl

I'm in. No way I could hack another 365, so I think the slower pace of this will be good for my heart.
Excellent... Welcome Carl & Tony (y)

Will go and add you to the spreadsheet....

Oh, go on then... count me in!

I failed last year but I had exams as an excuse. I have even more important ones this year but I'll force myself to find time! Thankfully I'm not revising 24/7, in fact I haven't done any over the Christmas holidays yet, woops :exit:

Oh, go on then... count me in!

I failed last year but I had exams as an excuse. I have even more important ones this year but I'll force myself to find time! Thankfully I'm not revising 24/7, in fact I haven't done any over the Christmas holidays yet, woops :exit:
Welcome Back Josh (y)

Thanks for creating the signature image :)

is it ok for me to join? i have been a member for a while now butnever posted any shots, i could do with pushing my boundarys and getting the camera out more. hopefully i will make time!

is it ok for me to join? i have been a member for a while now butnever posted any shots, i could do with pushing my boundarys and getting the camera out more. hopefully i will make time!
That's fine Louis - Welcome to the 2013 52'ers (y)

I'll go add you to the spreadsheet (once I check the Chillie on the hob, the buzzer is going:D)

Jeepers creepres.....not around for a day & half the world has joined in :eek:

Now.... what I'm finding is that by posting the 1st theme a week early SarahLee has allowed us a little more time to get the desired shot....and plenty of time to get round & comment on the other threads....my feelings of guilt over this last year nearly drove me potty ( alright , pottier then ! )

My feeling is....if this was to happen every week , how much simpler would life be ? Would certainly help people like me who spend far too much time at work.....just a thought & I'm sure someone will be along to shoot me down in flames :D

What... announcing each week one week early so we always get 2 weeks ??

Aye....we still get 52 weeks of shots to do but the extra time would be a huge bonus....maybe later in the year pull it back to weekly posting of the theme ?
As I said...just my feeling on it....I'll go with the flow (y)

your edit has me thinking now.......5th Jan Sarah releases the theme for the following saturday 12th & so on....I think it would still carry on giving us a little more time ?

it's the commenting that gets me...I love visiting everyone's thread & suffer dreadful guilt when I miss someone or have to do a catch up on several shots in one go but a lot of the time I just don't have enough hours in the day to get round everyone each week :-(

Last edited:
I know the feeling, I feel guilty when I don't comment, BUT I think if they were announced 1 week early, that would give 2 weeks to take the image, but the following week a new one would be announced so would have 2 weeks to do that one and 1 week left to do the first one, no additional time for commenting I don't think - God I'm confused :D

I just don't think we have the time to comment on all, every week, once the first couple of weeks are over I will update the spreadsheet and possible reply to commenters on mine in depth and brief comments on others - not sure, suck it and see I guess

Last edited:
:LOL: I don't believe for one second that none of you can think of another sin or two if you get tired of waiting ;)

Besides which the wait might actually give me time to get around all of the threads!!!

Already posted 2 (with a Flickr link to 2 more). Don't want to be too greedy :D

What... announcing each week one week early so we always get 2 weeks ??

<EDIT> wouldn't that have no effect after the first week... :thinking:

Seems like a good idea, and if I hadn't had a few (I'm still in Christmas mode :D) I'd sense a flaw in Lynne's logic...:puke:

I'm up to date with comments so far, but comments are not as detailed as I'd like due to time restrictions.

Better owt than nowt, though (y)

Cheers.

Dark Knight said:
I know the feeling, I feel guilty when I don't comment, BUT I think if they were announced 1 week early, that would give 2 weeks to take the image, but the following week a new one would be announced so would have 2 weeks to do that one and 1 week left to do the first one, no additional time for commenting I don't think - God I'm confused :D
Ok, I've had a rather large brandy, my brain can't cope reading this :bonk:

:LOL: it still makes sense to me.......I think....maybe I just didn't explain it properly :LOL:

By the way....not wishing to sound like a mother here but....just taken a nosey down the threads.....3 or 4 have already fallen on to page 2 with only 1 or 2 welcome comments on them...lets try n keep the encouragement to the new starters going...it's certainly what helped motivate me during my 1st year
& now you can't get rid of me :LOL:

:LOL: it still makes sense to me.......I think....maybe I just didn't explain it properly :LOL:

By the way....not wishing to sound like a mother here but....just taken a nosey down the threads.....3 or 4 have already fallen on to page 2 with only 1 or 2 welcome comments on them...lets try n keep the encouragement to the new starters going...it's certainly what helped motivate me during my 1st year
& now you can't get rid of me :LOL:
Good thinking... I'll have a scan through once I top my drink up and grab a snack (y)

Count me in please. It's my first time doing anything like this, I'll try to keep up, promise.

Count me in please. It's my first time doing anything like this, I'll try to keep up, promise.

Count me in too. Determined not to let work or toddlers get in my way this year.
Welcome to the 2013 52'ers then guys (y)

(I'll add you both to the spreadsheet)

I'm in! I last tried this in 2009 I think, but studies got in the way..

Had a bit of a break from Photography for a while so this is my kickstart into things again.

Back