2013 Photo52 Challenge : WEEK 52 Water

I'm going to do it this year!! The last 2 years I have tried and not managed to keep up! With uni I just don't seem to find the time, and with working away at sea for part of the year it becomes even more difficult, but as my camera bag has been sat gathering too much dust for my liking I'm going to commit to getting through this year!!

I'm in! I last tried this in 2009 I think, but studies got in the way..

Had a bit of a break from Photography for a while so this is my kickstart into things again.
Nice One... Welcome (y)

Hi, is everyone able to edit the spreadsheet or is it just yourself that is managing this?
Hi Karl, Currently only I can edit it, with the new 'photo's only' thread we were doing away with the spreadsheet as there was no need for it, a couple of the others and myself like to see visually the progress and stats as people drop out, so I volunteered to do one for that purpose only, so I'm doing it to keep myself on my toes :D

If your desperate to add your own tick each week I can certainly give you access (y)

I'm going to do it this year!! The last 2 years I have tried and not managed to keep up! With uni I just don't seem to find the time, and with working away at sea for part of the year it becomes even more difficult, but as my camera bag has been sat gathering too much dust for my liking I'm going to commit to getting through this year!!
Nice One James - Welcome back then.. and good luck (y)

Slowly getting back to some sort of order here, so I shall start on comments soon, great to see so many people start, lets keep it going. As for my first pic, don't know weather to post it or not tbh. I know I can do better :|
Got plenty of time to do another Michael !!!

<EDIT> Se we are now up to 72 entrants, and 33 entries in already :clap:

Last edited:
posiview said:
Wow, plenty of new members.

Get toggling, and posting folk :)

Hell's teeth..loads of new posts to catch up on. I may not be able to give much critique due to numbers but I'll get to everyone. If I miss you let me know :)

Cheers.

hope it's not too late, fancy a bit of challenge and improve my photography. count me in!

link to my thread: http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=5238264#post5238264

can I just ask the draw happens on Saturday of each week, is that the last day for that week, or the theme for the next week? slightly confused by the timing of things. it would be immensely useful if someone could give me the dates for week 1 and 2.

Hell's teeth..loads of new posts to catch up on. I may not be able to give much critique due to numbers but I'll get to everyone. If I miss you let me know :)

Cheers.

Up to date and frazzled.

Some crackers there. Common themes but variations.

I think we should bring week 2 forward :D

Cheers all and looking forward to seeing the rest of the posts (y)

hope it's not too late, fancy a bit of challenge and improve my photography. count me in!

link to my thread: http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=5238264#post5238264

can I just ask the draw happens on Saturday of each week, is that the last day for that week, or the theme for the next week? slightly confused by the timing of things. it would be immensely useful if someone could give me the dates for week 1 and 2.

Hi, themes posted Saturday and you have 7 days to post your masterpiece...simples :puke:

Cheers and welcome aboard (y)

wuyanxu said:
Hi :wave:

The theme is drawn each Saturday morning about 9am (regardless of us pestering for it) Although the first week is known (but hidden on this thread for now) it officially starts this Saturday morning with week 1! Most try and get their shots posted by Friday night at the latest, but it's not set in stone!

Welcome to the 52's Wuyan (y)

The first weeks theme 'Sin' will be announced on Saturday the 5th, the second them will be announced on Saturday 12th Jan

I know sounds odd, but the first weeks was announced 1 week early - Blame Sarah :D

<EDIT> Marsha beat me to it..... AGAIN :LOL:

<EDIT 2> Damn... Andy beat us both :D

Last edited:
Well thanks guys for doing this. The first week's 52 has given me some inspiration to get out and be creative, which is especially good given I am on holiday for another 2 weeks! Currently on a train to London with my daughter (7), bag packed with goodies. Going to have some fun taking shots, as well as teach my daughter how to use a dslr :)

I'll upload when I get home (or maybe even when I am out - am armed with an iPad!)

Hi there. I am attempting a 52, but I'm not following the themes. Quick question: Do you want me to stay out of the pictures thread as I'm not following the themes? Happy whatever the thoughts are but was curious.

Ian.

Hi there. I am attempting a 52, but I'm not following the themes. Quick question: Do you want me to stay out of the pictures thread as I'm not following the themes? Happy whatever the thoughts are but was curious.

Ian.
Hmmmmmmm :shrug: :thinking:

I wish I could make the decision, In my personal opinion, if you are intending to join in with comments and the like on others photo's I wouldn't see the harm, but best wait till somebody official pops in and states TP's ruling...

Did I wiggle out of that convincingly :D

Last edited:
Ooooo loads more people :wave:

Well I've only two more threads of last years 52'ers to finish up.

I'm loving my pink on the spreadsheet, best I get my new thread started tonight :)
There is aint't there... 77 now :)

About time you got yours started !!!

I hope to take my final 2 pics this weekend... the 4 to upload are all internal shots, I'm hoping we get some fine weather at last, if not out with my flash again :(

Dark Knight said:
There is aint't there... 77 now :)

About time you got yours started !!!

I hope to take my final 2 pics this weekend... the 4 to upload are all internal shots, I'm hoping we get some fine weather at last, if not out with my flash again :(

Come on you 2,... Pull your fingers out and get 2012 finished ;)

I will throw my name in the hat. See if I can get past 10 weeks this time :)

i will give it a go and hope to get further than last time i tried.

Last edited:

Ian.

I don't see why you shouldn't join in with it Ian :shrug:
If you're taking part (with whatever rules / themes) it would be a shame for people to miss your updates because they're not in the thread.

You know what it's like around here - we tend to make these things up as we go along, but IMO just go for it :D

Plenty of time for another Sin or two (y)

(y)
Don't try telling me that you're all so sweet and innocent that you can only think of one sin . . . I know better :LOL:

OMG.....memories of last year with sooo mnay threads to check out ....been great having an extra week to comment on everyones shots (y)

& it's Saturday....& there's no theme ......& I'm missing it :crying:

I'm still thinking that posting the theme a week early is a huge help with so many threads to get round..........

ps.....I think I've made it round all the threads so far.....2 pages worth already...but feel free to prodd me if I've missed you ;-)

Last edited:
Back