2013 Photo52 Challenge : WEEK 52 Water

Well, having failed on my 365 last year I'll give the 52 a shot... wish me luck!

I'm told week 1 started yesterday so no :)

Oh, you are :D

Last edited:
Brilliant, thanks! That'll give me something to think about.

Hi, all, some cracking photographs for week 1 so far :clap:

Plenty of comments....but don't forget to offer constructive criticism. It's quite easy to offer supporting comments but we'll all get more out of the 52 if we offer crit as well. We're all here to learn and no matter what your level of photographic knowledge or number of years you've been photographing no-one should be offended at receiving constructive crit.

I'm not saying giving or receiving criticism is easy, but then again this challenge is not meant to be easy.

Cheers all and keep posting (y)

Hi everyone,
Any room for one more. Could do with exploring photography more this year instead of just taking pics of the kids.

Hi, all, some cracking photographs for week 1 so far :clap:

Plenty of comments....but don't forget to offer constructive criticism. It's quite easy to offer supporting comments but we'll all get more out of the 52 if we offer crit as well. We're all here to learn and no matter what your level of photographic knowledge or number of years you've been photographing no-one should be offended at receiving constructive crit.

I'm not saying giving or receiving criticism is easy, but then again this challenge is not meant to be easy.

Cheers all and keep posting (y)

I'm glad you bought this subject up...sometimes I feel like I'm being a bit harsh or OTT but I'm so used to being able to say it as I see it during last year .

If I start to get to harsh with my criticism please feel free to (politely) say so, I am hopeless at describing how to use the camera controls, I know how to use it (although am much better on the post processing side ) but remembering what everything is called usually escapes me.

I think I have managed to visit all the threads so far but not sure I will be able to keep it up every week as seems to have taken most of the weekend. Did try to temper comments to my perceived experience of the photographers

I found the comments all started 'nice' last year and got pickier as the year progressed, in a kind of 'we know you can do better' feel!

Some people don't cope well with negative crit, I just see it as a guide and not a personal thing, what's good for the goose isn't always good for the gander! Is that makes sense?

We had this discussion last year but a bit later on as memory serves. I am glad it has been mentioned again so early in the 52 as I for one really benefited from the constructive crit.
Christine has hit the nail on the head by judging people's perceived experience and tempering the crit accordingly.
I don't recall anyone getting upset by any crit given last year as I believe it is all delivered in a civilised manner. The general rule of good manners and no rudeness was observed I feel, no reason why we can't continue this year.
If I upset anyone in crit given would hope that people can say and my comments adjusted accordingly. Iain

Hi everyone,
Any room for one more. Could do with exploring photography more this year instead of just taking pics of the kids.
Hi Jon... always room for more - Welcome aboard (y)

I'm in!

I did a 52 in 2010 & 2011 but skipped 2012 and missed it - so I'm in for 2013!

:D
Excellent... a 3rd year for you then - Welcome (y)

(I will go and add you both to the spreadsheet :))

Hi, folk, some solid photographs here :clap:

Just caught up....as always, I won't be offended if you tell me I've missed you :D

Cheers and 4 days to week 2 :D

As a new member and someone who is good at leaving the camera in the cupboard for a few weeks at a time I will give this a go!

As a new member and someone who is good at leaving the camera in the cupboard for a few weeks at a time I will give this a go!
Welcome Andy... to the forum and the 2013 52's :wave:

Ok so my 'busy' window started today with a three day course and homework WTF? I may take a while to really begin getting around any of the threads!
Oh yeah :bat:

hum, took a few and produced one on Saturday. got an idea yesterday and produced a different shot yesterday.

Asked my girlfriend and said whichever she said will be used, she liked the Saturday one. But from photography point of view, yesterday's one is better.

Can I post 2? one for entry (keeping my word), the other as bonus?

see no reason why not - plenty of others have posted more than one shot - put it up in your own thread and you'll soon find out which one is liked better.

Ive had a search but couldent find a link to the Flickr Group has this been setup yet?

You can post as many as you like :)

Ok, this is a slow commenting start to my 2nd 52! Like last year, I'll get there slowly.
Oooo I'm sure you will (y)

QUICK UPDATE TIME

1 day of togging until the new theme is released....

93 Entrants - Only 63 photo's in so far (not done today's count yet)

I hope I don't get 30 tomorrow to comment on :bat:

I thought coming up with an idea and shooting it was meant to be the hard bit. But I forgot how daunting it was to try and comment on everyone elses threads. And I'm all out of booze too :(

I thought coming up with an idea and shooting it was meant to be the hard bit. But I forgot how daunting it was to try and comment on everyone else's threads. And I'm all out of booze too :(
Nobody will be able to do them all, all the time, just do a few... if we all do a few random ones with a bit of good crit it will be much more useful for all ??

Hi, all, another spell at commenting. Think I've got everyone, PM me if I've missed you.

I know it's not easy, but do try and leave some feedback on all members. I know it's hard but it can be a bit of a :bonk: if you think of an idea, process and post it to get little feedback.

I think with the large numbers even "good shot" would be acceptable.

Some strong stuff has been posted...great start all :clap:

Cheers.

I'm still here :)

sort of, lol

Cant wait till tomorrow for the new theme, ive tried commenting on as many threads but there are so many :)

Back