weekly Beckyboy's 52 for 2014 - Week 12 Linked added

Thank you. I used a long exposure and light up with so red fairy lights.

Totally agree about the smoke just couldn't get it to show up with the red. Maybe I should have used a white light on the smoke from the other side :thinking:

Any way I've bitten the bullet and have got an iMac on route, hopefully be with me for tomorrow :):):)
I'm very jealous. I'd love a Macbook Pro but couldn't justify it at the moment.

Thanks for all your comments I'm going to have a go at adding some smoke if not now then for a redo week.

I'm very jealous. I'd love a Macbook Pro but couldn't justify it at the moment.

I can't really justify but have convinced myself or more importantly 'Herself' that my youngest needs her own PC now as she is nearing her GCSE's and my old one would be a perfect hand me down. Also I got a good deal on a refurb.

HI Michael

hope the imac has landed ...ya lucky beggar ;)

Agree with what's already been said...very spooky image , the red give's it a real kick....look forward to seeing some smoke added in there :)

HI Michael

hope the imac has landed ...ya lucky beggar ;)

Agree with what's already been said...very spooky image , the red give's it a real kick....look forward to seeing some smoke added in there :)

Landed a couple of days ago. My nephew has just loaded me up with LR5, PsC6, Adobe Illustrator and Final Cut Pro :banana:

Just got to learn how to use them now, think there might be a lot of :banghead: going on

I like the lighting in your smoke image, shame about the ongoing software issues as its crying out for some PP smoke.

Enjoy the iMac, I too have just got one, its a world away from my old Windows based machine.

John

OOooo, I'd have been tempted to rotate 90 degrees clockwise to give the impression of a butterfly. Lovely blues and nice swirls in the stone.

Cheers.

OOooo, I'd have been tempted to rotate 90 degrees clockwise to give the impression of a butterfly. Lovely blues and nice swirls in the stone.

Cheers.

Me too, cetainly looks like a butterfly but better rotated.

Gorgeous colours and patterns in there, but yes, I agree that it definitely has butterfly potential!

Fits the theme I love the different shades of blue very nice.

Cheers.
Me too, cetainly looks like a butterfly but better rotated.
Tend to agree lovely swirly blueness (y)
This most definitely.

Lovely colours though and on theme.
Gorgeous colours and patterns in there, but yes, I agree that it definitely has butterfly potential!

Thank for all the comments and yes I conceed 'The Butterfly Effect' it is then

Week 6 Mineral
by beckyboy101, on Flickr

I like it Michael, good colour, prefer the rotation, looks suspended, very butterfly like (y)

The rotation suits it perfectly .... fabulous colours in the stone :)
A vote for the rotation here too :clap:
Really great colours. Liking the rotation, but size and position I think would benefit from being a bit more symmetrical.
I like it Michael, good colour, prefer the rotation, looks suspended, very butterfly like (y)

Thanks for the comments. :)
Its funny what people see in photos as my 1st reaction was that it sort of looked like an empty mussel shell which was why I initially left it landscape and never even considered trying it in portrait.

Prefer original version. Beautiful colours, sharp and reasonable bokeh.
Thank you. The colours were what did it for me in choosing that particular stone.
Yeah that looks good to me... super colours and detail with nice background too (y)
Thank you. The BG was a surprise as I took most shots with White and bBlack BGs and ended up using a focus test shot with just the reflected BG

Fits the theme, good attempt at the theme, crit wise I'd like the hands to be a bit closer in the frame and a bit sharper.

Thanks, I did try to get the hands closer but my daughter said it was to hot :)
Hi Jason :)

Sense - Works for me, the fire looks fine on my monitor too (Uncalibrated) agree the hands could be a tad sharper, but a nice warm glow to the shot (y)

Thanks DK the more I look the more I like the darkness of it.

Err who's Jason :confused:

Good take on the theme Michael (y) the fire looks fine on my lappy too, I would have possibly gone without the hands in shot :thinking:, sense of heat/warmth would still be there :)

Nice picture that fits the theme. Sharpness has been mentioned so I'll be picky and suggest cloning out the blue reflection (TV?) in the fire surround just above the hands.

Good take on the theme Michael (y) the fire looks fine on my lappy too, I would have possibly gone without the hands in shot :thinking:, sense of heat/warmth would still be there :)
Thanks. I did take a couple without the hands but didn't seem to look right.
Fits the theme well Michael (y)(y)
Thank you
Hi there....it looks fine to me ... I like the darkness of the shot, it adds to the glow.....it really conveys a sense of warmth :)
Thank you
Nice picture that fits the theme. Sharpness has been mentioned so I'll be picky and suggest cloning out the blue reflection (TV?) in the fire surround just above the hands.
Ah yes the T.V I did wonder what that was :oops: :$. Thats the sort of thing I need to concentrate more on, would have been so easy to turn it off.

Back