weekly Blondie606's 52 in 2014 Wk 52 Support-THE END :-)

Sense - great to see another mannequin, simple but effective

Ending - like both versions but my fave is the clam, would happily have this on my wall!

Positive - great idea, and well executed

(y)

Positive - I like the idea behind this and the individual shots are really colourful with the black frame.

:whistle:

The indepth explanation helps with the connection and anything that helps us improve our PP is a good thing.

I'd prefer a less acute angle as it seems to stretch the LH flowers.

Nice clean BG and drop shadow.

Cheers.

Yeah...1st time trying this technique & I'm a slow learner :oops: :$ Daresay I'll try it again at some point during the year ...really starting to enjoy PP

My thoughts exactly on this, still far better than anything I have come up with for this theme.

Cheers Mandy...

Lynne, I'm impressed :clap: I wouldn't know where to start (well, apart from looking on youtube ) :D

Its certainly affective, love the shadow, composition wise, it sits well, very good (y)

Thanks Phil....I've discovered youtube to be a real help with pp....only problem is it eats hours....but tis good fun :)

HaHa excellent idea ... and to me it doesn't matter that the individual flower pics are distorted, in fact that's what makes it.

Cheers....the distortion was un-intentional but it's growing on me !

Hi Lynne, I agree with the last two comments, as already stated by Phil-D nicely composed and the shadow is excellent
nicely crowbarred in too :whistle:
good bit of PP :clap:

Thanks Alan....my aim this year is to improve my pp.....it's sort of working :)

As above, very nicely done.

Thanks Mark :)
Great image, love the warping. No crit from me :clap:

Cheers Richard :)

Another good idea on a difficult (well it is for me) theme, good job on the PP work :)

Thanks Andy...the theme's are really pushing their luck so far this year...good job I want to learn more about pp (y)

Hi Lynne

I like it also another fan of your PP and thank you for adding all the information I struggle with PP getting the names of the people you watch on youtube really helps :)

No worries Craig.....You tube is fast becoming my 2nd home & Gavin Hoey's tutorials are real simple...they need to be for me !

BLIMEY I think I had to read that 3 times :D

Excellent idea, and with all of the above explanation you nearly convinced me ;)

Really like how you have done that, very effective indeed, the shadow works really well, and how on earth you make the film strip and bend it... took me long enough to work out how to do a long straight box today :thinking:

Such a nice bright springy image - Love it (y)

Cheers Dean....:D The film strip was surprisingly easy.....but then Gavin Hoey makes everything simples (y) Just visit you tube & search for him...loads of tutorials to go at...if I remember correctly , create a black box to specific dimensions, copy & paste it the n repeat to get 4 boxes, use the clone stamp to reate the holes...or something along those lines.....

Last edited:
This caught my eye over on flickr Lynne and without your explanation above, I still got it so for me it is certainly on theme, no crowbar required :D
Lovely piece of photoshoppery, I admire your skills Missus (y)

Good work, put your photographic feet up for the rest of the week ;)

Thanks Iain....I'm quite enjoying getting to grips with pp...does waste hours though.....

"Positive on a negative film strip" would have sufficed for an explanation but why use 1 word when loads will do :D

Like this loads :clap: and as I'm likely to be home bound for a few weeks I may well have to look this up and have a go myself.

Ahhhh....you don;t know me so well......long & drawn out is my speciality :)

Stunning PP skills, Lynne. Very good idea and excellently done!

Thanks M:)

I absolutely love it Lynne :) a brilliant idea and fits the theme fine for me.

Cheers Susie :)

A really cool idea for sure. I am slightly perplexed by the perspective though :thinking: Perhaps some shading required along the front face of the strip (valley sections) to give more depth and 3D feel to the strip?

Thanks for sharing the SOOC of your ending picture. You really have tastefully proccessed this to elevatate it to the next level. Impressive work and a landscape to be proud of. (y)

Keep up the good work as always

Thanks Jason...not quite sure what you mean by Valley Sections ? I lterally followed the tutorial to the letter...maybe next time I'll mess around a little more (y) & thanks for your kind comments on the landcape image...wayyyyy to kind :)

hi lynne....

balancing woody is a nice fun image... liking the empty space above and the potrrait orientation.... can't help but think the difficulties posed by having him in a tray of water don;t really merit the benefit of the limited reflection that the tray of water brings.

the ending sunset is lovely... top job on the PP there from the original image... subtle, but very effective and natural.

And your positive, hard to see the individual images to judge quality of them, but I can well imagine they're good enough to stand on their own... but the film strip effect is great... I've followed that tutorial myself... as did Brian at some point last year, and your result from it is pretty much perfect.

I think you're really adding a very useful string to your bow with your PP skills, using them to enhance good work rather than cover up any failings!!

Thanks for the catch up Graham...the water tray is only about 1/2 inch deep & fractionally wider than the pplank Woody was stood on....hence limited reflections.....bigger tray next time :)

& thanks for the compliment on the film strip....slowly but surely starting to find my way round PP...with lots of help from Gavin Hoey via you tube !

Sense - great to see another mannequin, simple but effective

Ending - like both versions but my fave is the clam, would happily have this on my wall!

Positive - great idea, and well executed

(y)

Wow...many thanks...(y)

Positive - I like the idea behind this and the individual shots are really colourful with the black frame.
Cheers Kev :coat:

Lovely image Lynne and very sharp, your have the basis of a negative I like the flowers much better in positive than if they had been negative :clap::clap:

Thanks Judi :)

Hi Lynne
Positive - works well for me. Bright , punchy, immediate impact. I think that the PP skills have created an arresting image from common material.:clap:

Cheers Alan....I think:D

& on to Week 10.....

2 from me....same subject just processed slightly differently ,been playing in pp with a process I've wanted to try for ages...no connection to the theme , just wanted to play !

#1...color version , wasn't sure what color to use as the bg but think this is fairly complimentary

Wk 10 Running out of Time
by llj666, on Flickr

#2 difference in pp was the addition of some blur to try & get a feeling of slight movement as he leaps out of the clock

Wk 10 Running out of Time
by llj666, on Flickr

TTFn & cheers for looking (y)

I prefer your colour version of time.

The composition is very good and the colours subtle enough to blend with the mannequin.

Hi Lynne, I like the concept but the pic does nothing for me, thats probably just me though.
The BG you have done a great job on and I understand the PP is something you wanted to learn, so well done for that.
there is just something a little strange about it all as an image :thinking:

Great idea for the theme and congrats on the PP :)

I prefer the colour version to the B&W, not too keen on the dark black border around the white square.
The colour clock on the B&W background might be worth trying?

bowdown_smilie.gif
Excellent Lynne :D Great pp skills (again :p) love the idea, its right up my street. Prefer the colour, bg looks good (y)

I just can't get going with this weeks theme.........I'm at a loss :confused:........any more ideas like this? :whistle::D

Love #1 Lynne, its a cracker, the green bg looks great, ties in with the clock well (y)(y)

Cheers Judi.... I'm still debating the color

Sorry Lynne, it was meant as a compliment. I was trying to express that the photos of crocuses were everyday type images which had been given a good lift anf added impact by your approach and PP skills. Hope that makes sense, but still not sure if 'common' or 'everyday' is interpreted as an insult :thinking::cautious::)

No worries Alan , :hug:

Great pp skills very fitting for the theme love both shots but the colour one has the edge.

Thanks Mandy ...I'm still not sure on the color.....

An inspired idea very well done!

Thanks Andrew......a while back Iain ( Blakester) said something about trying to use a phrase of sentence with the theme word in it & thats how this idea came about.....:)

I prefer your colour version of time.

The composition is very good and the colours subtle enough to blend with the mannequin.

Thanks Mark :)

Hi Lynne, I like the concept but the pic does nothing for me, thats probably just me though.
The BG you have done a great job on and I understand the PP is something you wanted to learn, so well done for that.
there is just something a little strange about it all as an image :thinking:

To be honest Alan I agree with you......the out of bounds thing doesn't really work with this image but I was having fun playing & learning. The idea for " Running out of Time " needs refining a little but it's hard to know what to use as a bg as a clock normally hangs on the wall...... maybe it would have been better with a mantlepiece type clock :thinking:

Great idea for the theme and congrats on the PP :)

I prefer the colour version to the B&W, not too keen on the dark black border around the white square.
The colour clock on the B&W background might be worth trying?

Thanks Andy...thought about using the clock face color but it's very close to Woody's color & I didn't want it to blend with him....might try a lighter/sharker shade...thanks for the idea (y)

Oooo you clever sod, that is great PP work again and a very good idea, loving the pastel colours and the perfect background, and the curve to the bottom paper is very clever, colour version for me :clap:

Cheers Dean....I'm really enjoying playing whilst learning PP stuff :)
bowdown_smilie.gif
Excellent Lynne :D Great pp skills (again :p) love the idea, its right up my street. Prefer the colour, bg looks good (y)

I just can't get going with this weeks theme.........I'm at a loss :confused:........any more ideas like this? :whistle::D

Thanks Andy......Blakester mentioned about using the theme word in a sentence or phrase so i tried that this week......

I have decided that the image isn't really suitable for the out of bounds idea so been playing again tonight with a more useable hot from last year......posted it in the Creative section ,here's the linky if you wanna take a peek (y)

Nothing to add to all the other comments. I like it, I would never have the patience nor the inclination to do something like that.

Hi Lynne,

Just popped in to say hello :) your PS skills have come on leaps and bounds in addition to your photographic skills. Nice work.

Nick

Sent from my iPad using Talk Photography Forums

Well done once again Lynne.... the part where woody's coming out the clock is great.... the thing it missing for me is the shadow under / behind them.

Nice touch with the clock set to 1 minute to midnight though. (y)

Positive - Good thinking to fit the theme and you seem to have followed the instructions really well. Gavin Hoey is good isn't he. Always comes over very enthusiastically and, importantly, very clearly to help the viewer. I wouldn't mind doing one of his workshops.

Time - Another good PP image. I prefer the colour one. A minor crit would be that the white base and border in both versions just look too clean and exact giving them more of a computer generated image feel

Both of these are excellent. I do just about prefer the colour version. The BG colour works well its such a mare trying to find colours that complement each other. The PP is also excellent something I'm just starting to get into.

Prefer #3. No idea how you did this, but it's a very good idea and your PP skills just go from strength to strength. Great work!

very creative Lynne, I prefer the colour one, the background colour is a good choice. very good pp skills also (y)

Hi, Lynne, Time, nice one and great idea.

Well composed and I'd opt for the.....colour as I like the muted green.

Crit, hmmm, think I'd like the see a clean exit of Woody from the clock, IYSWIM.

Mine are on the window cill...waiting for me :£

Cheers.

The colour Time does it for me. Great idea and I love the colours.

Hi Lynne
I don't know what to say on the techniques in Time. Others have commented on shadows, motion, exit mode etc but as it is well beyond my PP capability it would be churlish to give any detailed views.
I think that the idea is inspired :clap: and the way that you have handled it is very good. I like the colour version best, altho I think that the clock is a bit 'busy' with all those decorations. As you have said in#381, perhaps a less rustic clock would have been better. Well done on pushing your boundaries - something i singularly have failed to achieve in 2+ years :ROFLMAO:

Hi Lynne, if I were to give a preference, it would be the colour version (y)
Maybe with just a slightly closer crop?
Wonderful photoshoppery, I must say. I admire your obvious skill. Good work:)

Nothing to add to all the other comments. I like it, I would never have the patience nor the inclination to do something like that.

Cheers Martin...the more I play in photoshop the more I'm starting to like it...but it's a great way to lose hours ....

Hi Lynne,

Just popped in to say hello :) your PS skills have come on leaps and bounds in addition to your photographic skills. Nice work.

Nick

Sent from my iPad using Talk Photography Forums

Hi Nick....great to hear from you & many thanks for stopping by ...as for pp....I'm trying :)

Well done once again Lynne.... the part where woody's coming out the clock is great.... the thing it missing for me is the shadow under / behind them.

Nice touch with the clock set to 1 minute to midnight though. (y)

Thanks Graham...I've spent the week trying to create shadows as you're spot on with your comments......the results are in my reshoot for this week (y)

Very imaginative Lynne. Colour one works best for me.

Cheers Richard....good idea just needs some refinning in the execution

Positive - Good thinking to fit the theme and you seem to have followed the instructions really well. Gavin Hoey is good isn't he. Always comes over very enthusiastically and, importantly, very clearly to help the viewer. I wouldn't mind doing one of his workshops.

Time - Another good PP image. I prefer the colour one. A minor crit would be that the white base and border in both versions just look too clean and exact giving them more of a computer generated image feel

Thanks Peter...didn't realise Gavin did workshops....that would most definitely be interesting...gonna check his site. As for the comments on the Time shot....yup , you're right...this was a classic case of outdoing my ability , the image doesn't work with out of bounds on the white base.....I'll keep trying though (y)

Nice take on the theme and very nice pp work

Thanks Colin :)

Both of these are excellent. I do just about prefer the colour version. The BG colour works well its such a mare trying to find colours that complement each other. The PP is also excellent something I'm just starting to get into.

Cheers Michael......pp is a great way to lose far too many hours...it gets addictive !

Prefer #3. No idea how you did this, but it's a very good idea and your PP skills just go from strength to strength. Great work!

Cheers M...lots of faffing n rude words in pp......:rolleyes:

very creative Lynne, I prefer the colour one, the background colour is a good choice. very good pp skills also (y)
Thanks Adam.......needs some work but it was a good learning curve :)

Well done Lynne.......it looks good, a very creative image, you have obviously worked very hard on this one.

Cheers Susie.....played with the image for a few hours....but it's not right ...the idea is good just needs to be pp'd better....I will get there !

Hi, Lynne, Time, nice one and great idea.

Well composed and I'd opt for the.....colour as I like the muted green.

Crit, hmmm, think I'd like the see a clean exit of Woody from the clock, IYSWIM.

Mine are on the window cill...waiting for me :£

Cheers.

Thanks Andy...though I am a little confuddled by your comment... " a clean exit from the clock "...the idea was that he is running out of time...hence the bits blended in to the clock face ?

Top marks, go straight to the top of the class.

Way to Kind David...thankfully the reshoot week has given me the chance to refine the idea

The colour Time does it for me. Great idea and I love the colours.

Cheers Kev , as said before...Idea good , pp not so good , a case of being to ott....still learning so trying again in the reshoot week

Hi Lynne
I don't know what to say on the techniques in Time. Others have commented on shadows, motion, exit mode etc but as it is well beyond my PP capability it would be churlish to give any detailed views.
I think that the idea is inspired :clap: and the way that you have handled it is very good. I like the colour version best, altho I think that the clock is a bit 'busy' with all those decorations. As you have said in#381, perhaps a less rustic clock would have been better. Well done on pushing your boundaries - something i singularly have failed to achieve in 2+ years :ROFLMAO:

Cheers Alan.....you're right on all counts...I only have the one clock in my house so I've borrowed a plainer one for the reshoot...& good to see you venturing in to pp for this theme as well......carefull though...it's adicitve :)

Hi Lynne, if I were to give a preference, it would be the colour version (y)
Maybe with just a slightly closer crop?
Wonderful photoshoppery, I must say. I admire your obvious skill. Good work:)

Thanks Iain...it's a bit of a battle twixt me & photoshop...but I won't be beaten :D

Back