weekly Blondie606's 52 in 2014 Wk 52 Support-THE END :-)

well done on perservering with the smoke images, great starting points for making some smoke art from.

mineral, another b**ger of a theme, I'm struggling to get excited by this tbh, seems like theres some of the pinapple missing too, and the sides of the bottle look to have blown out a bit?

Sorry if that's harsh and also not very constructive.... feel free to rip into mine this week in reply. :)

No worries Grahsm.... there is something not quite right about the image,,,I shuld have gone for a more straight copy of the image I saw.....as for pineapple missing.....yup , it's filled with water.....:)

I'm not sure about mineral, all the different elements seem unconnected somehow? Nice colours and light though.

Thanks Suv....the connection was a bottle of mineral water with pineapple flavouring & a piece of pineapple filled with mineral water :)

Hi Lynn...As mentioned before....the colour scheme is spot on...I like the second edit where the bottle is more prominet...Just not sure about the pineapple though, maybe that the perspective is wrong?

Cheers Jason....this is a shot I'm gonna keep working on...it's almost there but not quite ...& you may be onto something with the perspective.....:thinking:

Hi Lynne

Mineral - mixed comments which I can understand. I like the idea but there is something about it that does not work. I prefer #1 for the fact that the story is about the pineapple supplying the flavour to the water - in #2 the pineapple seems too small. Probably a combination of them both as the bottle is too small in #1. I like the idea of the bright sunny colour but maybe just a bit too bright.:thinking:
Cheers Alan....it's going to be a work in progress to try n get it right....good job I like pineapple :D

Oppppsie :D

Ahhhhhhhhh I see !!!!! that's not bad then, sorry I see where you are coming from now :)

No worries Dean...it's not quite there but I'm going to work on it.....

Nothing wrong with those smoke images well done for not giving up. (y)

Prefer the 2nd Mineral image another well thought out shot (y)

Cheers Michael :)

Ah-haaaa, I get it now...... my previous comments still stand, but I now see why the pinepple is missing, and also the position / scale of the bottle.

Seeing what you were aiming for, the PP'ing is top notch.

Where's the lightbulb moment smilie when you need it :D This one I will keep playing with as really want to get it nearer to the image I originally saw

Yay for some smoke shots :D Now you've done it you don't ever have to do it again :D

Not sure at all about the Mineral shot - I'm confused by the pineapple bit - this is not difficult though and I am a good half way down glass of wine #2 :O

Cheers Sarah.......too right...smoke is ticked off the list never to see the light of day again...unless I have a moment of madness.....

Mineral.....bottle of pineapple flavored water with a 1/2 pineapple filled with water.... :D

Week 8 brings us Sense....I can be sadly lacking in that dept :D

Woody to the rescue......for a change I only took 7 shots to get the lighting roughly right then tweaked in ps to lose the rear edge of the tray he's stood in....hardest part of the shot was getting him to stand upright for more than 2 seconds...he can be a little beggar at times :rolleyes:
So here goes...Sense of Balance.....

Wk 7 Sense of Balance jpeg
by llj666, on Flickr

cheers all & thanks for looking :wave:

Excellent idea - nicely composed although could've used a little bit more space on the right. Nicely lit and I like the reflection.

"News Alert: Scientists are baffled by the sudden surge in Mannequin sales. Sources blame an illusive group of photographers!"

I like it. High key lighting works well and does the overall positioning, especially the dead space at the top. Tad on the right, as has been said.

But....well composed.

Cheers.

Hi Lynne, nicely composed and a good idea too, as said above bit more space to the right (y)

Great week 8/7 shot :D
Very good lighting and reflections and very well posed.

:wave: As mentioned Lynne, idea, lighting, bg all great (y)................. a little disappointed though, I was thinking, two barrels and a plank, you could have done a selfie :whistle:

"News Alert: Scientists are baffled by the sudden surge in Mannequin sales. Sources blame an illusive group of photographers!"

I like it. High key lighting works well and does the overall positioning, especially the dead space at the top. Tad on the right, as has been said.

But....well composed.

Cheers.

I think I might have to get me one of these figures! I feel I'm missing out.
Good idea for the theme and great shot.

Nice take on the theme and a very nice photo, good lighting and like the composition

Good shot, I think all the crits have been covered. I like the reflection and it is an imaginative take on the theme.

It's all been covered above Lynne but just to echo what's been said, idea, creativity, lighting, execution all top notch. Great work missus(y)

Just to echo what's been said really. Good idea and great display of patience once again to get it right! (y)

Hi Lynne
Think everything has been said about Sense shot..well done :clap:
though I do think your model looks a little wooden :exit:

A nice clean image and good thinking for the theme. Nicely composed but a bit light on the right.

PS - Are those Blakester's pebbles that the plank is resting on? :D

Good one, clever idea,I like the balance of your picture too (y)(y)

Thanks Judy :)

Great idea and very on theme (y)

Cheers Andy :)

Excellent idea - nicely composed although could've used a little bit more space on the right. Nicely lit and I like the reflection.

Cheers Sarah....didn't notice I'd cropped too close until I posted... :banghead:

Very clever idea Lynne, well posed and lit as usual, and liking the plank he is on (y)

I hope you bringing him on the Norfolk trip

Thanks Dean ...Woody came but didn't see the light of day

But....well composed.

Cheers.

Thanks Andy....must learn to look closer before posting as didn't spot the tightness of the crop.....

Hi Lynne, nicely composed and a good idea too, as said above bit more space to the right (y)

Thanks Allan :)

Cracking shot, great composition, lit beautifully cant really give it any real crit. But you seem to have skipped a week lol by saying it's week 8 when it's only week 7 :ROFLMAO:.

Cheers Mandy....senior moment on the week numbers :oops: :$

Great week 8/7 shot :D
Very good lighting and reflections and very well posed.

Thanks Kev...the lighting was partially down to a slider in pse10...had to push it a bit to lose the line in the tray that he was stood in

Very very good, I really like this image. Very imaginative.

Thanks David :)

(y)
:wave: As mentioned Lynne, idea, lighting, bg all great (y)................. a little disappointed though, I was thinking, two barrels and a plank, you could have done a selfie :whistle:

:p Cheers Phil
Love it Lynne......my favourite of the week so far :clap:

Thanks Susie :)

I think I might have to get me one of these figures! I feel I'm missing out.
Good idea for the theme and great shot.

Woody has been a great help to me this year Simon , you'll not regret buying one of his family (y)

Nice take on the theme and a very nice photo, good lighting and like the composition

Cheers Colin :)

Great idea and well executed. No crits from me. Well done!

Thansk M :)

Good shot, I think all the crits have been covered. I like the reflection and it is an imaginative take on the theme.

Cheers Richard...I think Iain's creativity is beginning to rub off on me :D

It's all been covered above Lynne but just to echo what's been said, idea, creativity, lighting, execution all top notch. Great work missus(y)

Thanks Iain....., all inspiration is down to you (y)

Good idea, well composed and well lit.

Everything has been said already and I'll leave it at that.

Well done Lynne (y)

Cheers Simon.....almost feels like you want to say more...if there's crit to be given fire away....i
can take it :)

Cant add too much to whats already been said... well done...

Thanks Colin :)

Just to echo what's been said really. Good idea and great display of patience once again to get it right! (y)

Thanks Adam...this one did test my patience a little !

Hi Lynne
Think everything has been said about Sense shot..well done :clap:
though I do think your model looks a little wooden :exit:

:LOL: Cheers Anita

A nice clean image and good thinking for the theme. Nicely composed but a bit light on the right.

PS - Are those Blakester's pebbles that the plank is resting on? :D

SShhhhh , don't tell Iain I've nicked his props :naughty:

Hi Lynne, a lovely shot cant add any thing that's on ready been said but I love it :) might even go buy myself a wooden dude

Woody is the way forward........never complains , always ready to help & cheap as chips :)

Apparently this is week 8 !

Had a cople of idea's but being a lazy mare today I decided to use a shot from the Norfolk meet...though it is stretching the theme a tad......& those that were at the meet will notice it#s not 100% what we saw...more near to what I wanted to see :rolleyes:

The Ending of the Day....

DSC_8836
by llj666, on Flickr

& just for the hell of it here's another reach to theme........the End of a clam's life....

DSC_8507
by llj666, on Flickr

Might do my original plan if I feel energetic enough next saturday ;)

Hi Lynne No1 for me nice grey/blue clouds I don't think its stretching the theme "ending of the day" good enough for me.
The shell lovely and sharp but needs a slight crop off the top nice DoF though

as for layers...i don't get the whole thing....which to use - via copy , from background , new , adjustment ????? how to put them altogether ? I can follow a tutorial using their set of images ie from a mag but can't translate that to using my own images....being blonde doesn't help :D
Ah now that bit I don't get either!!! I always start with a copy of the background then do all the cloning and cleaning if needed, then flatten and use any adjustments in their own layers. I have finally figured out layer masks though, love those bad boys!

Command mode seems to operate the flash gun when not attached to the camera...but after 1/2 an hour it stops working !
Random, is it that dodgy brand you use :exit:

Anyhow, sense, love that. Great lighting again, just clipped the back end of the board a bit.

I too feel I need one of these guys in my life!

I like both, but slightly favour No1. nice use of rules of third and nice lead in lines

Back