weekly Cobra's epic fail for 2015, week 52 A Christmas shoe horn and done :)

OMG.....impressed , amazed , inspired & a little shocked :D

Love the idea...you've inspired me to give that jigsaw thingy a go Chris......cracking shot to start with as well :clap:

Keep up the good work, I'm looking forward to following you this year :naughty:

Interested to see how many animal shots you can crowbar in to the theme's....Juxtaposition could be a real interesting one......;)

OMG.....impressed , amazed , inspired & a little shocked :D
Love the idea...you've inspired me to give that jigsaw thingy a go Chris......cracking shot to start with as well :clap:
Keep up the good work.
Interested to see how many animal shots you can crowbar in to the theme's....Juxtaposition could be a real interesting one......;)
LOL & Many thanks Lynne :)
The Jigsaw was a bit of a PITA TBH, but I think it worked eventually :)
Be assured that the "animals" will return quite regularly too :D

I'm looking forward to following you this year :naughty:
My very own internet stalker, how cool is that?
Seems I've "made it" at last lol

Love big cat pictures and that is a great shot. The puzzle effect adds a nice twist. (might pinch the idea for a week later in the year when everyone has forgotten about this.)
Good Luck for your 2015 52 challenge.

Love big cat pictures and that is a great shot. The puzzle effect adds a nice twist. (might pinch the idea for a week later in the year when everyone has forgotten about this.)
Good Luck for your 2015 52 challenge.
Thanks Simon,
They'll be more big cat's wheedled into my 52 you can bet on it :D

Good luck for yours also (y)

Really liking that jigsaw effect Chris, reminds me of jigsaw I bought down the market, that had bits missing too.....:exit:
All the very best for 2015 :) and huge Thanks for all the help in 14 (y)

Great use of the tiger for patterns and the jigsaw adds an extra level, I assume it's a plug-in of some kind, very nice effect.

Really liking that jigsaw effect Chris, reminds me of jigsaw I bought down the market, that had bits missing too.....:exit:
All the very best for 2015 :) and huge Thanks for all the help in 14 (y)
LOL so you were the one that bought it :D
Thanks Barney and no problem I'm happy to have helped (y)

Great use of the tiger for patterns and the jigsaw adds an extra level, I assume it's a plug-in of some kind, very nice effect.

Thanks Nick (y)

Its a Photoshop add on in textures, its not there normally,
you have to go to the adobe site and download a (free) small zip file,
that contains a few more effects.
If you or anyone else is interested its HERE
There are a few tutorials around, not least THIS ONE from you tube.
This is CS5 BTW but I'm sure that its available for other CS/

Last edited:
Welcome to 2015 52s, what a great image to start with! With 68 starters for the year, I don’t think any of us have a chance of commenting on every entry every week, but I hope to keep popping in to each thread at least once in a while. Good luck with the rest of the year.

Welcome to 2015 52s, what a great image to start with! With 68 starters for the year, I don’t think any of us have a chance of commenting on every entry every week, but I hope to keep popping in to each thread at least once in a while. Good luck with the rest of the year.
Thanks for dropping by Elaine. :)
This is my first one, and its amazing how popular it actually is!
Good luck to you also, and everyone else of course (y)

Ok this one got me beat... well almost....
Bliss = Happiness, Happiness is a wet pussy, well she's smiling so I guess she is happy :D
( First excuse for a gob shot too (y) )

Well I did say that I wasn't taking the themes to seriously didn't I? ;)

WP4
by Chris-the-falconer, on Flickr

WP4edit
by Chris-the-falconer, on Flickr

Last edited:
Beautifully framed,,, and cracking detail,,,,

Oh, I'm so tempted to carry on the double entendres, must resist... :)

I like the positing of the head in the frame and the space to the left of the cat's head. Great that you've got the background blurred out so well. My only slight criticism is that it would have been nice to have the whiskers in focus as well, but I can imagine the restrictions you must have had to get the good shot you have.

A subject very close to my heart - and nicely euphemised!
Cracking shot that Chris, couldn't agree more with your idea of Bliss ! (y)
Nice profile shot Chris... I'm guessing that's bliss for you, shooting animals and he/she looks pretty content! Good moment captured well.
Bliss - I am sure there is a connection there somewhere:thinking: , cracking gob shot.
Beautifully framed,,, and cracking detail,,,,
Oh, I'm so tempted to carry on the double entendres, must resist... :)
I like the positing of the head in the frame and the space to the left of the cat's head. Great that you've got the background blurred out so well. My only slight criticism is that it would have been nice to have the whiskers in focus as well, but I can imagine the restrictions you must have had to get the good shot you have.
Thanks everyone much appreciated, I think maybe the actual thinking behind it may have been missed by some though :D
Maybe its just my warped sense of humour, Those that got it you're just as bad as I am (y)

@Nick65 feel free to carry on :D
But back to the image, that was taken when she was right tight against glass, yes I agree it's a shame about the whiskers,
unfortunately some minor blurring does occur in that situation.

Not missed Chris, just not overtly acknowledged... there are ladies present, you know! :eek:
Fair point well presented Paul :D

Well captured and lively detail, the BG really makes the cheetah pop. Not sure if it looks a little green??

Cheers and only 50 weeks to go :exit:

Well captured and lively detail, the BG really makes the cheetah pop. Not sure if it looks a little green??

Cheers and only 50 weeks to go :exit:

LOL but thats 51 surly? ;)

Cheers Andy, Now you mention it, I think that the greeny yellows could do with being slightly subdued.
I'll have a play in a bit.

another cracker. (y)
Maybe bliss waking from a lovely sleep or the bliss of just about to head off to the land of nod?

another cracker. (y)
Maybe bliss waking from a lovely sleep or the bliss of just about to head off to the land of nod?
That wasn't what I was getting at ;)

Thanks for your kind words (y)

Having taken on board what Andy @posiview
said earlier, there is definitely a back reflection from the grass onto the glass.
edit added

And he got it in !!!

What a super shot, trust you to get a gob shot crowbarred in already :D

Much prefer the edit, some real nice colours and detail, like it (y)
Thanks Dean (y)
I didn't see the back reflection until Andy pointed it out ;)

And TBH I got one in earlier that expected, ....... result Eh? :D

Cracking shot. Much prefer the edit. As Dark Knight said, lovely colour and detail.

Humiliation has clearly escaped you for this week :D

Cracking shot. Much prefer the edit. As Dark Knight said, lovely colour and detail.

Humiliation has clearly escaped you for this week :D
There's plenty of time left for that :D
(Its nearly Friday after all :D )

Thanks for dropping by Lee (y)

There's nothing like the mods joining in so we can have a go at them in the safety of a TP52 critique :p

So disappointingly not a lot to criticise with this one. Colours are nice as is the DoF. I suppose asking to see a little more of the eye would be asking a bit much given that it's a side profile shot.

There's nothing like the mods joining in so we can have a go at them in the safety of a TP52 critique :p
So disappointingly not a lot to criticise with this one. Colours are nice as is the DoF. I suppose asking to see a little more of the eye would be asking a bit much given that it's a side profile shot.
PMSL feel free this is a safe zone ;)

Thanks Peter, I do have one from the same set looking straight at me tongue out, eyes wide open
and quite frankly looking gormless, but it wasn't the best, so I didn't post it :D

Cheers Phil (y)

But you lost me with the "Smarden" bit?

Smarden is a big big cat collection in kent - however my money would be on your shot being whipsnade

On topic I like a wet pussy as much as the next guy , but for my money this shot doesnt meet your usual standard due to lack of eye contact

Smarden is a big big cat collection in kent - however my money would be on your shot being whipsnade
On topic I like a wet pussy as much as the next guy , but for my money this shot doesnt meet your usual standard due to lack of eye contact
Ah OK, and indeed you would win the bet :)
As above for the eye contact.
Thanks for dropping by Pete :)

Heheheh, and I bet the leader of the pride behind her is looking forward to some Bliss too if that's the case :naughty::naughty::naughty:

Well done for exceeding your expectations and making it to the end of wk 1 :D

The edit is fab :clap:

Heheheh, and I bet the leader of the pride behind her is looking forward to some Bliss too if that's the case :naughty::naughty::naughty:
Well done for exceeding your expectations and making it to the end of wk 1 :D
The edit is fab :clap:
LOL Actually they are all girls, in there ;)
Mum and offspring, the boys were separated out awhile back,
(Yeah I know spoilsports aren't they? :D)

Thanks for dropping by Jill (y)

BTW I'm wondering if I should attempt a week 2 now :D

Mr Cobra......'s a good job I'm broad minded :LOL:

I agree with Andy about the color ....then you edited it & now it looks to have a slightly pink cast but that maybe my monitor :thinking: As for relation to the theme.....Bliss is spending a day at the zoo with a camera(y)........I'm surprised it took to week 1 to crowbar a Gob shot in.......
Lord know's what you'll come up with for Fragile......:naughty:

Back