weekly Cobra's epic fail for 2015, week 52 A Christmas shoe horn and done :)

Mr Cobra......'s a good job I'm broad minded :LOL:
:D and it will just go down hill from now anyway :D

I agree with Andy about the color ....then you edited it & now it looks to have a slightly pink cast but that maybe my monitor :thinking: As for relation to the theme.....Bliss is spending a day at the zoo with a camera(y)........I'm surprised it took to week 1 to crowbar a Gob shot in.......
Lord know's what you'll come up with for Fragile......:naughty:
I have to agree and say there is a tad magenta in there now, the joys of shooting through glass and trying to get the colour balance right Eh? :(
As for fragile there are a few big cats that are ecologically "fragile" I could just go and shoot ( not literally :D) on of those I suppose.
But I guess enough big cats for now, but just like Arnie, they'll be back :D

Thanks for dropping by Lynne (y)

beautifully focused

why are cats always yawning?

beautifully focused

why are cats always yawning?
The bigs ones, because they get bored with me constantly shooting them I guess :D

Thanks and thanks for dropping by :)

Hi, I am interested to know just how many shots of big cats you can do and get them in on theme, i spend a lot of time at my local zoo (Chester) so I don't mind if its all 52 for me
some WB issues but you don't need me to go on about that.
looking forward to the next 50 cats :LOL:

Oh I'm sure I can find a "reason" to post 50 more too :D

Thanks Darren, TBH I do this so much that I don't always see the back refection on the
glass that gives the unusual colour tint.

You should give it a go, its great fun. (y)

Was it taken @ WHF in Smarten in Kent?
Phil
Ah OK, not been to WHF I didn't know where it was,
Until BSM mentioned it earlier in the thread,
And no, Whipsnade ZSL Bedfordshire.

So here I am at week two yep still here :p
New life is fragile, as are egg shells, the last thing I need
when I'm feeling fragile, is my breakfast singing at me,
Nope still not taking it seriously and yep
another excuse to slide in a gob shot :D
(Oh and no Photoshoppery in case you were wondering )

Week-2-fragile
by Chris-the-falconer, on Flickr

Wow. You've packed a lot of impact into that shot there Chris(?).

Amazing lighting, especially the tiny catchlight in the eye. I'm not sure whether it's the subject that makes me feel a little uncomfortable viewing the image, or the (what feels to me) tight crop. It's probably a bit of both. "Hardest shot to crit this year" prize from me I think.

That put a smile on my face. It works really well, those grey circles though, what are they?
Cheers Michael, Grey circles? dunno?

That is a belter. Somewhat freaky, though.

Good lighting, the composition is great, as is the text. Lovely yellows and the reflection is super.

We are only on week #2, but this is, IMO, the best one yet :clap:

Cheers.

@michael23
Ah OK gotcha, your monitor maybe set a bit brighter than mine,
I took out a couple of pieces of shell, but stupidly didn't use black black, to paint them out.
Looks like I used a shade greyer plonker :rolleyes:
How's this look?

View attachment 28660

Wow. You've packed a lot of impact into that shot there Chris(?).
Amazing lighting, especially the tiny catchlight in the eye. I'm not sure whether it's the subject that makes me feel a little uncomfortable viewing the image, or the (what feels to me) tight crop. It's probably a bit of both. "Hardest shot to crit this year" prize from me I think.
Very much appreciated thanks Ian :)
I wasn't sure whether the crop was too tight or not either TBH,
I had in mind a slightly different one surrounded by eggs, that may have worked better in retrospect.
And indeed Chris it is. :)

That is a belter. Somewhat freaky, though.
Good lighting, the composition is great, as is the text. Lovely yellows and the reflection is super.
We are only on week #2, but this is, IMO, the best one yet :clap:
Cheers.
Blimey! thanks Andy! That's praise indeed, coming from you (y)

Erm.... Just wow! There's not much else to say - just brilliant[emoji16]

Hi, very very good, but odd and as said above hard to crit

Brilliant :clap:

Erm.... Just wow! There's not much else to say - just brilliant[emoji16]
Cheers Ferg. much appreciated (y)
Hi, very very good, but odd and as said above hard to crit Brilliant :clap:
Thank you kindly, Allan. And don't worry about the crit, I'm only in it for fun :D

Fragile - wow that's brilliant :clap::clap::clap: made me laugh, got to be one of the best shots I have seen
Fank yoo kindly Mandy (y)

I am far to busy laughing to offer some serious critique.
Looks like my jobs done then :D

Fantastic! Taking the fragile theme to the next level, brilliantly conceived and achieved.

Timing is everything. Do you keep chickens? Great shot, love the (presumably natural) attitude of the bird, colours/composition etc spot on for me. Nice work.

Fragile, fantastic Chris, as Andy said, lighting, reflection and composition all wonderful.

I reckon all your talk of dipping out of this 52 is nonsense.
As Jim Royle would say "epic fail my ar$e" :mooning::D

Now I really do like that second shot of the big cat. Super shot.

Fragile - Brilliant. Enough said. What a super image for the theme. Everything about it is spot on (although not as keen on the added text).

Love it! (y)

"(Oh and no Photoshoppery in case you were wondering )" ... yes I was wondering. o_O

I like that and it made me smile on this dark and windy Thursday morning :)
Glad to hear it Mark (y)
Cracking good shot Shot of the week for me
Thank you kindly David :)
Fantastic! Taking the fragile theme to the next level, brilliantly conceived and achieved.
Much appriciated thanks Nick :)
Timing is everything. Do you keep chickens? Great shot, love the (presumably natural) attitude of the bird, colours/composition etc spot on for me. Nice work.
Thanks Sara, :) and no, not personally ;)
Fragile, fantastic Chris, as Andy said, lighting, reflection and composition all wonderful.
I reckon all your talk of dipping out of this 52 is nonsense.
As Jim Royle would say "epic fail my ar$e" :mooning::D
LOL & :p Thanks Iain, again thats praise indeed coming from you (y)

Now I really do like that second shot of the big cat. Super shot.
Fragile - Brilliant. Enough said. What a super image for the theme. Everything about it is spot on (although not as keen on the added text).
That's much appreciated Peter :)
I was in two minds about the the text too, but as I said right from the
start, and as per my "normal stuff" I never take it too seriously ;)

Hahahahahaha, cracking shot this week and actually on theme :D Now what are you going to do........
Thanks Jill :) And cheeky bugger I'm always on theme, just because you don't "get" my interpretations........... :D

Love it! (y)
"(Oh and no Photoshoppery in case you were wondering )" ... yes I was wondering. o_O
Thanks David :)

As for the technical's , its a one shot image no layers, no stacking, no smoke and mirrors
Its Lit by a speed light bounced off the ceiling, the background was darkened in P/s as it is a grey/ black patterned back drop.
A little shadow highlights to enhance the yellows and reflections.
but that all :)

Thanks guys your kind comments are appreciated (y)

Wow Chris, cracking entry this week. How did you know when it was going to hatch though? It works really well on the black. As for the text, I'd expect nothing less from you ;)

Back