weekly Delta Skies 2014 TP52 - Week 51 Extravagant & Week 52 Support (that's 2014 done)

Not a great fan of smoke images but the colours in this are great.

Super effort - really striking shot there Peter.

All the curves and twists in the smoke really make it.

Hi, I like it nice smoke and its nice to see it used with something else in the pic not just the smoke, nice white BG and good reds(y)

I love it :)....even just the red smoke is absolutely fabulous....but putting the two images together is a great idea. Thank you for saying 'how it's done'.... I had never even thought of inverting for the white background....I just had a try with it, very interesting, a huge help for me :)
Thanks for the kind words Susie. Happy to share any background regarding how my image was done
Not a great fan of smoke images but the colours in this are great.
Cheers Kev. Must have been a hard week for you then given the subject :p
That's a superb shot. It's a very good idea, well taken.
Thanks for the feedback

Super effort - really striking shot there Peter.

All the curves and twists in the smoke really make it.
Thanks Graham
Hi, I like it nice smoke and its nice to see it used with something else in the pic not just the smoke, nice white BG and good reds(y)
Thanks Allan
Well done Peter....A nice piece of work....Like how the red of the smoke and Chillie match each other..
Cheers Jason. The red of the smoke was taken via the colour picker off the Chilli

Smoke is really well crafted Peter. You've obviously put a lot of effort into making this image and it works really well.

Very well done with the smoke shot peter. the colour looks great and a perfect choice. Also plenty of shape and detail in the smoke. (y)

Smoke is really well crafted Peter. You've obviously put a lot of effort into making this image and it works really well.
Thanks for the comments Gav
Very well done with the smoke shot peter. the colour looks great and a perfect choice. Also plenty of shape and detail in the smoke. (y)
Thanks for the kind feedback Adam

I thought I'd give an update on Week 2's photo for Play. After putting it on here I posted it on Facebook and the President of the local camera club thought I should enter it in the Record competition there which by chance had a closing date of the following week. Anyway last night I sat through a whole evening of judging and found that it got 20/20 and came top out of just under 50 entries for the digital/projected images. As you can imagine I was chuffed to bits.:banana:

I thought I'd give an update on Week 2's photo for Play. After putting it on here I posted it on Facebook and the President of the local camera club thought I should enter it in the Record competition there which by chance had a closing date of the following week. Anyway last night I sat through a whole evening of judging and found that it got 20/20 and came top out of just under 50 entries for the digital/projected images. As you can imagine I was chuffed to bits.:banana:

Well done mate. Well deserved too

Like your smoking chilli and the colour is a perfect choice great idea.

Hi Peter
Smoke - clever stuff - I am envious, it takes me enough time to set up one shot never mind two:)
Good b/g and focus - I like the curved comp. Agree with others who have said that would be nice to get a better junction between chilli and smoke and for me the green on the chilli could do with a bit more sat. But minor points on a good shot

Really like the Smoke. Nice to see something a bit different. (y)
Cheers Michael
Hi Peter
Smoke - clever stuff - I am envious, it takes me enough time to set up one shot never mind two:)
Good b/g and focus - I like the curved comp. Agree with others who have said that would be nice to get a better junction between chilli and smoke and for me the green on the chilli could do with a bit more sat. But minor points on a good shot
Thanks for the comments Alan. I'm yet to edit the image given previous comments to I might add the saturation on the green when I do.

i love the simplicity of this image. Excellent job one of my favourites this week

Week 6 - Mineral

Perrier
by Delta Skies, on Flickr

I must admit this theme a couple of years ago ended in a trip to the Lakes which is always a bonus. Not such luck this year so I reached inside the cupboard for the mineral water. Again lit by studio lights. One light onto the background with a large piece of card stopping the light getting to the bottle - the white side of that being used as a reflector. The other light being reflected off walls/ceiling to stop any highlights reaching the glass. I did try a few coloured backgrounds but settled on clean white to keep up a refreshing feel to it.

Good composition Peter and well lit, thanks for the explanation.

I like the water droplets on the bottle, that adds to the effect. I could quite easily see this as an advert in a magazine etc...

Well done (y)

Nice work Peter, obviously bang on theme (y)
It's a perfect product shot, lighting works well, no specular highlights, and the composition & crop just right.
Just can't fault it, (not that I am looking to, you understand)

Good composition Peter and well lit, thanks for the explanation.

I like the water droplets on the bottle, that adds to the effect. I could quite easily see this as an advert in a magazine etc...

Well done (y)
Thanks Simon. The water droplets are exactly that rather than real condensation. Added by using a fine spray nozzle which has the advantage in that you can top it up as you need it
Definitely a refreshing feel to it Peter,well executed, the lighting is good, cool image :clap:
Cheers Judi
Nice work Peter, obviously bang on theme (y)
It's a perfect product shot, lighting works well, no specular highlights, and the composition & crop just right.
Just can't fault it, (not that I am looking to, you understand)
A product shot style was what I was after so thanks for the comments Iain.
Fits the theme, love the way it's been lit I can't fault it at all.
Thanks Mandy

My only crit is with the label, it just looks flat, maybe it's the shadows on both sides that give them a bit of depth :thinking: if you see what I mean.

Cool and clean ...I like it a lot :) and it does look very refreshing !
Thanks Susie
Good, clean and well lit mineral there. I wasn't sure on the crop so came back to it an it works for me.

Cheers.
Thanks Andy. believe me I tried all sorts of crops. Straight, angled, full bottle, part bottle, with cap, without cap.... the list goes on. This TP52 does nothing for the shutter count does it
Great image. Fits the theme spot on.
Cheers John
Thanks David
My only crit is with the label, it just looks flat, maybe it's the shadows on both sides that give them a bit of depth :thinking: if you see what I mean.
Thanks Mark. I might have a further play in pp to see if I can improve this.

Excellent Peter (y) I envy your lighting skills :p :D

Hi Peter, Nice product shot and good lighting, well placed composition really good take on the theme (y)

Hi Peter :)

Mineral - Oooo I like how you have lit that, and thanks for telling us how too, soooo much more advanced thinking to what I have tried so far - A cracking product image :clap:
Thanks Dean
a great shot and thanks explaining its quite interesting
Cheers Craig
Excellent Peter (y) I envy your lighting skills :p :D
Thanks Phil
Hi Peter, Nice product shot and good lighting, well placed composition really good take on the theme (y)
Many thanks Allan
Very good shot, Peter, brilliantly lit. Makes me feel thirsty just looking at it!
Cheers Mercurius

Super job Peter - and no faffing about in Post trying to tidy it up this time - beautiful job

love the close framing and the condensate drips, perfectly composed too, just keeping in the complete circle around the brand, nice attention to detail!

Nicely lit, I like the colour coming through the bottle.

Back