weekly Delta Skies 2014 TP52 - Week 51 Extravagant & Week 52 Support (that's 2014 done)

Name
Peter
Edit My Images
Yes
After a year off the urge overtook me to try again. My photography improved leaps and bounds in 2012 by the constant challenge of the weekly themes so here I am again.

Week 00 - Odd
Week 01 - Linear/Line
Week 02 - Play
Week 03 - Close
Week 04 - Bubble
Week 05 - Smoke
Week 06 - Mineral
Week 07 - Sense
Week 08 - Ending
Week 09 - Positive
Week 10 - Time
Week 11 - Swirl
Week 11 - Reshoot (Time)
Week 12 - Linked
Week 13 - Step
Week 14 - Nature
Week 15 - Action
Week 16 - Mono
Week 17 - Twisted
Week 18 - Fresh
Week 19 - Shape
Week 20 - Number
Week 20 - Reshoot (Nature/Close Up)
Week 21 - Strong
Week 22 - Texture
Week 23 - Wild
Week 24 - Dream/Dreamy
Week 25 - Vertical
Week 26 - Yum
Week 27 - Loud
Week 28 - Rich
Week 28 - Reshoot (Sense)
Week 29 - Skill
Week 30 - Half
Week 31 - Architecture
Week 32 - Promise
Week 33 - Sharp
Week 34 - Pure
Week 35 - Sparkle
Week 36 - Fall
Week 37 - Communicate
Week 38 - Dark
Week 39 - Big
Week 40 - Cut
Week 41 - Balance
Week 42 - Change
Week 43 - Grow
Week 43 - Reshoot (Mono)
Week 44 - Live
Week 45 - First
Week 46 - Smooth
Week 47 - Attached
Week 48 - Energy
Week 49 - Round
Week 50 - Nonsense
Week 51 - Extravagant
Week 52 - Support

Last edited:
Week 00 - Odd

Odd
by Delta Skies, on Flickr

Taken in the dark and lit by a torch diffused through a (clean) hanky. Not much PP done at all just added to the vignetting effect already created by the torch light.

Welcome back....don't blame me :)

Nice clean start. Good bit of lightpainting.

I feel you could have positioned them better, though, maybe stacked them.

Cheers and where is Sarah?

Hi Peter,
Nice to see you back, nice idea central die spot on focus nicely exposed and I like the spotlight,
A really good start

Nice spot light to highlight (y)

Focus on the central die is spot on :clap:

Nice bit of hiding the other odd number with shadows ;)

I like the lighting, it really draws you in. Focus is 'tak sharp' and the composition is good too. My only niggle is the shadows in the 5 of the central dice. It doesn't ruin in image though, Good start.

Welcome to the crowd. Love the shot i always seem to envy people who can be this creative with light. Only one thing that caught my eye was the 1 on the bottom right dice. You have managed to make every other number on the even die even and every number on the odd die odd other than this one. Dont know if it was intentional.

As a photograph though its really goood

Very nice mate. Like the coloured die.
Thanks David. They were actually a bit too translucent for my liking but I had to grab the only ones I could find at the time.

Great start nice image.
Thanks Mandy

Welcome back....don't blame me :)

Nice clean start. Good bit of lightpainting.

I feel you could have positioned them better, though, maybe stacked them.

Cheers and where is Sarah?
Cheers Andy. I must admit to positioning being the "fun" (not) part of this and even tried stacking them. As for Sarah, I'm sure she'll be along soon. She said she tried a few things yesterday while I was at work but they didn't quite turn out how she wanted.

Nice start, I like the arrangement and the lighting (y)
Good shot, nicely on theme with good colours. Good luck for 2014!
Thanks Adam and Mercurius

Nice shot crazy person!! Good luck with the challenge :p
Thanks for the words of encouragement Alex. Come on why don't you give it a try again as well.

Hi Peter,
Nice to see you back, nice idea central die spot on focus nicely exposed and I like the spotlight,
A really good start
Cheers. It's good to be back Allan.

Like how the viewers attention is focused on the central die by the use of light and vignette. Cant fault this (y)
Thanks Jason. My first attempt was too strong - hence the hanky to diffuse the light.

Nice spot light to highlight (y)

Focus on the central die is spot on :clap:

Nice bit of hiding the other odd number with shadows ;)
Thanks Mark. The last bit wasn't intentional though.

I like the lighting, it really draws you in. Focus is 'tak sharp' and the composition is good too. My only niggle is the shadows in the 5 of the central dice. It doesn't ruin in image though, Good start.
Thanks Nick. I agree with what you are saying about the shadows. I'd need to think how to resolve that whilst still keeping the lighting as it is.

Welcome to the crowd. Love the shot i always seem to envy people who can be this creative with light. Only one thing that caught my eye was the 1 on the bottom right dice. You have managed to make every other number on the even die even and every number on the odd die odd other than this one. Dont know if it was intentional.

As a photograph though its really goood
Thanks for the comments Graeme. I must admit to having completely missed this - although you and Mark are spot on. It shouldn't be there.:banghead:

Hi Peter :wave: good to see you back again .....

Love the color of those Die , really well lit , sharp & well focused......the only niggle for me is the BG , would have preffered it plain but I guess sometimes we have to work with what we have

Has Sarah been struck down with the 52 madness again ;)

Great colours and nice lighting. Good start!
Cheers James

Good start Peter like the lighting :)

Thanks Judi

Welcome Back Peter :)

Odd - As good as I was expecting, great lighting, well thought out objects and placement, Works a treat (y)

Was the light a spot or was it done PP mate ??
Thanks for the comments Dean

Nice Image like the lighting levels think it works well
Thanks Craig

Hi Peter :wave: good to see you back again .....

Love the color of those Die , really well lit , sharp & well focused......the only niggle for me is the BG , would have preffered it plain but I guess sometimes we have to work with what we have

Has Sarah been struck down with the 52 madness again ;)
Thanks for the feedback Lynne. We were away on the caravan so backgrounds were a bit limited.

Cheers Paul

Hi, Peter, minute, must have been gloomy in there.

Like it. Has a real dreamy feel to it.

Crit, none from me on this one.

Cheers.

The more I look at this image the more I see and the more I like it. Cracking shot, very effective.

Oh, I really like this abstractish with an almost painted feel.

Hello Peter like what you've done with this, does remind me of a painting

Both very well done. I saw the blurring technique with trees in a magazine a while back but have never given it a go, I think I may have to now!

The more I look at this image the more I see and the more I like it. Cracking shot, very effective.
Thanks you Nick

Oh, I really like this abstractish with an almost painted feel.
Thanks Sarah

Just thinking the very same that sarah has put, a nice image, love the sense of movement and the painted effect too.
Cheers Michael

Hello Peter like what you've done with this, does remind me of a painting
Thanks Liz - I hope you had a good holiday up in Scotland - not too wet I hope.

Hi Peter.....One of my favourites so far .... I like that a lot, it's an image I could live with.
Thanks Susie

Two great images, really like the abstract nature of week 1.
Thanks John

Both very well done. I saw the blurring technique with trees in a magazine a while back but have never given it a go, I think I may have to now!
Thanks Ollie. Give it a go. I've tried it a few times now with lesser degrees of success. I think the secret is to find the right density of trees and also it's one of thos subjects where gloomy light helps as you need to get a slow enough shutter speed to drag the camera up (or sideways)

Hi Peter I really like that, its something I have tried but never had results as good as that :clap:
really good start to your 52

Blurred lines of the trees makes a change to the normal "static" photo looking up the tree trunks.

Looking forward to seeing more.

Back