weekly DK's 52 in 2014 - Wk's 52 'Support' Added - AND FINISHED :)

Hi Dean, my vote goes to #1 for bubble content but mixed with a little of the composition of #2, specifically the logo.
Both nice 'clean' looking images though matey (y)
What lighting have you used here?
Cheers Iain :)

Well :D

I had my softbox to the right, lowered and on about 50%, while on the left I had a brolly on about 30% aimed mostly onto the cloth background and on the side of the glass... my thinking was that would stop any shadow on the Lime :thinking:

I still need a smaller softbox... I must put mine up for trade one day !!!

I'm probably prefering the closer view of the glass. However both great photographs :)
Thanks Richard :)

Hi Dean, like Peter said it makes you want to have drink so a good product shot!
I like the bubbles in #1 and the logo and ice in #2! I'm not too fussy though and will drink either!!:):)
Hahaaaaa thanks Sarah :)

I like the bubbles in the first one, as others have said they are more there (y)
Cheers Mark :)

Hi DK, I had thought I has commented on Bubbles but looks like i was wrong

Both nice images No1 just pips it for me
Cheers Craig :)

It gets like that doesn't it... see images on one thread or another, on Flickr Etc we begin to lose track

Hi Dean

#1 for me , closer to the bubbles , sharper lemon , sharper stream :clap:

Right here we go then, not exactly what I was after, originally went out to the local power station, alas 'NO Smoke' so had to shoot off to another idea, the local British Sugar factory.

Again not the best spot but I kept going down loads of country lanes trying to find a suitable foreground but light was fading fast !!!

a Couple to choose from... Thanks for visiting as usual :)

Wk 5 - 'Smoke'

Wk 5 - 'Smoke' 1
by TP DK, on Flickr

Wk 5 - 'Smoke' 5
by TP DK, on Flickr

Wk 5 - 'Smoke' 2
by TP DK, on Flickr

Great set of images fits the theme nicely , I like the colours of the first image. i am not sure what think about the second image :thinking: but i do love the feel of the third image the silhouette feel makes the image for me.
Thanks Mandy :)

The second image was showing a lot of sunrays on Lightroom, only the top ones seem to be showing clearly now :thinking:

The first one of the three is the one that does it for me. Really like this, great work
Thanks Gave :)

#1 for me by far. Lovely light and nice sun setting. Good detail. I'd have gone for a closer crop or longer lens. It's just a tad busy and the smile a little lost.

I really must get out and do some sunrises/sets....just need a decent location :)

Cheers.

#1 for me by far. Lovely light and nice sun setting. Good detail. I'd have gone for a closer crop or longer lens. It's just a tad busy and the smile a little lost.

I really must get out and do some sunrises/sets....just need a decent location :)

Cheers.
Thanks Andy :)

Yeah I guess I should of changed lens's, I sat back in the car twice while waiting for the sun to go down behind another cloud or building etc, would have been the perfect time :bang:

Well I hope we do some at the meet... getting rather exciting now :banana:

Another vote for #1 here Dean, lovely colour tones, silhouettes and the inclusion of the sun going down just tops it off. Good work matey (y)

Another vote for #1 here Dean, lovely colour tones, silhouettes and the inclusion of the sun going down just tops it off. Good work matey (y)
Thanks Iain :)

I kept running up and down the road trying to find the best spot for it, I got a couple with it to the right of the silo's and behind them too, but they didn't work as I had hoped on them :D

I'm with the majority DK, no.1 for me, the sun just going down really makes it (y)

I have some very similar, taken from the banks of the River Trent, of the British Sugar factory at Newark :)

I'm with the majority DK, no.1 for me, the sun just going down really makes it (y)

I have some very similar, taken from the banks of the River Trent, of the British Sugar factory at Newark :)
thanks Phil :)

Are your factory images on flickr ??

thanks Phil :)

Are your factory images on flickr ??

No, I never got round to doing anything with them. I took some in the twilight too with light trials of the A1 in front of the factory, they're nothing special but its surprising how similar the factories look :)

No, I never got round to doing anything with them. I took some in the twilight too with light trials of the A1 in front of the factory, they're nothing special but its surprising how similar the factories look :)
That's a shame you haven't edited them yet... and yeah they are similar arnrt they, we have one at Bury St. Edmunds too and its very similar :)

colour in #1 make it for me, a crop off the RHS would be the only thing I could suggest trying.

Love the image (in my mind) of you haring down the lanes trying to find a vantage point... done that myself before now!

Hi DK 1 and 3 for me its so nice to see a photo this week, agree with overbez about crop 1st pic
:clap: for not taking the other smoke root

Hi Dean, another vote for #1 from me. Lovely light thats been well captured and a different idea for the theme!:)
Thanks Sarah :)

Great idea for the theme DK ...and three great pics there... I think number one has the edge and really shows the smoke off perfectly :)
Cheers Susie :)

I was really pleased the smoke was so black :)
Good series of shots, DK.

I like #1 and #3: the colour is stronger in #1, but I think the smoke shows up better in #3.
Thanks Mercurius :)

I had to get in close to be able to capture the colour at it's best !!!

Got to be the first one for me - not the most picturesque of sunsets - but fits the theme (y)
Hahaaaa it certainly isn't... I wasn't tempted to get in my shorts with a cold beer thats for sure :D

Cheers Mark :)

colour in #1 make it for me, a crop off the RHS would be the only thing I could suggest trying.

Love the image (in my mind) of you haring down the lanes trying to find a vantage point... done that myself before now!
Heee Heeeee thanks Graham :)

Was a bit manic... I also wanted to align the sun centrally between the chimney and the silo's, but Hedges prevented it, the tree in the third was also a target that worked nicely between the two items :)

Hi DK 1 and 3 for me its so nice to see a photo this week, agree with overbez about crop 1st pic
:clap: for not taking the other smoke root
Cheers Alan :)

I was tempted, but really wanted to get out and about with my camera seems as it was try for a change :)

No.1 is great DK, the sun on the horizon is stunning and has given you some lovely colours. I also like the silhouette of the silos and obviously the smoke just finishes it off.

Well done for being different, I really like this one (y)

Back