weekly DK's 52 in 2014 - Wk's 52 'Support' Added - AND FINISHED :)

I like it. It's like a silhouette, which I think is great. Nice long lengths on the subject and indeed B&W works well.
Thanks Simon :)

Yeah I did darken it quite a lot, but tried to leave plenty of detail :)

The minute I saw this one I loved it and I looked at my giraffe thinking...'why didn't I think of that', although I'm sure I could not have achieved such a perfect white background. A very eye catching image ... super composition and a great choice for the theme
Thanks Susie :)

You like your Giraffe's too do you ??

Now then Mister :wave:

Shape.......edited version works really well , love the use of negative space , a really striking image :clap: ....wonder if you have any other models like that so you could create a triptych ?

Fresh....lost track a little here but my preference is the 2nd bee image I think where he's almost got a frame round him....lovely colors in the flowers & well focused on the bee itself (y)...tricky little blighters they are

Swirl ( I think that was the theme )....the wrought iron shots anyway........2nd one for me , kind of abstract but you can still see what it is , mono I like though I did like the colors in the 1st shot but not keen on the fence in the bg....

Hi Dean,

The 1st one gets my vote, with the background cleaned up, perhaps if he had any feet might have walked to that position on the image :)
Hahaaaaa very good point :LOL:

Thanks Judi :)

Now then Mister :wave:
Hey You :)

Shape.......edited version works really well , love the use of negative space , a really striking image :clap: ....wonder if you have any other models like that so you could create a triptych ?
Hmmmmm That's a point, don't think I do :thinking:

Fresh....lost track a little here but my preference is the 2nd bee image I think where he's almost got a frame round him....lovely colors in the flowers & well focused on the bee itself (y)...tricky little blighters they are
Thanks Lynne :)

Swirl ( I think that was the theme )....the wrought iron shots anyway........2nd one for me , kind of abstract but you can still see what it is , mono I like though I did like the colors in the 1st shot but not keen on the fence in the bg....
I know... not the best of shots lately :coat:

Hi DK

Shape - so many people have commented that my thoughts would be unnecessary, but I do like the idea and the silhouette feel whilst still retaining some detail in the head
Cheers Alan :)

Love the shoe shot. I think I prefer it facing left but I'm not sure why....
Thanks Tony :)

I know it's a bit of an odd one with which was around it works :thinking:

Annnnnnd here we go, quick semi-catch-up... shots taken at last weekends TP Mega-Meet at whipsnade, I knew it was going to be a busy work week with a couple of days away from home again, so had to get my shots at the meet...

First shot, I was going to count the buttercups but in the end decided that 'Countless Buttercups' works better for my shoehorn shot :)

2 shots here to choose from (I know... only wanted to post 1 but can't decide :))

I don't normally do people shots, so this part of the model shooting part of the weekend was a great learning experience, here due to bright sunlight we had the model shielded above with a light diffusing panel held up by other members, and we used off camera flash to light her, the model Beth was very understanding with lack of experience...

Wk 20 - a Countless 'Number' of Buttercups by TP DK, on Flickr

Wk 20 - a Countless 'Number' of Buttercups 2 by TP DK, on Flickr

And to nearly get me up to date, I have gone for re-shoots of Action

The first shot is of one of the Birds of Prey at the meet, I took loads of shots of the two birds, but mostly they were standing still in various places, this is one of the few I cought in focus and not static...

Wk 20 Re-Shoot Action by TP DK, on Flickr

The next couple of shots were trying to catch two of the three dogs there for pet portraiture, again trying to catch some movement/action, although I did not get any background blur, I'm happy with the movement in them still...

Wk 20 Re-Shoot Action 2 by TP DK, on Flickr

Wk 20 Re-Shoot Action 3 by TP DK, on Flickr

And a last shot 'just for fun'... I think he was taking the mickey :LOL:

Wk 20 Re-Shoot Action 4 by TP DK, on Flickr

Hi DK, shoehorn indeed, what are we all going to do if the theme one week is shoehorn :thinking:
out of the two numbers shots the second one for me possibly crop out the darker top section so its just buttercups and i think the expression on her face is better, the first one she looks a little bored maybe
action love the bird of prey :clap: and all the dog shots are good but just for the fun of it the last one for me (y)

Hi DK, shoehorn indeed, what are we all going to do if the theme one week is shoehorn :thinking:
I know mate :LOL:
out of the two numbers shots the second one for me possibly crop out the darker top section so its just buttercups and i think the expression on her face is better, the first one she looks a little bored maybe
Cheers mate, will crop that later :)

I think Boredom was more of a 'Get on with it' look :D

action love the bird of prey :clap: and all the dog shots are good but just for the fun of it the last one for me (y)
Thanks again Allan :)

They were all fun images to take, such a large variety of subjects on the weekend... a tad spoiled for choice

Nowt wrong with a crowbar now and again (y)

Potrait #2 for me, well composed and good eye contact. I'f like it a little warmer.

Action # 1 for me is superb, just the right timing there.

Last Action made me chuckle, that big lolloping tounge :)

Cheers.

Hi DK, I love the first of the model shoot - great framing of the model between the OOF foreground flowers and those in the background. Great colours and it just looks great.

Action - Bird of prey for me, well captured.

Fantastic shots, the both of them.

Nowt wrong with a crowbar now and again (y)
Thank God :D

Potrait #2 for me, well composed and good eye contact. I'f like it a little warmer.
Cheers mate :)

I did wonder how I could give it a tad more warmth without over doing the yellow :thinking:

Action # 1 for me is superb, just the right timing there.

Last Action made me chuckle, that big lolloping tounge :)

Cheers.
Tis a size isn't it :LOL:

Hi DK, I love the first of the model shoot - great framing of the model between the OOF foreground flowers and those in the background. Great colours and it just looks great.
Many thanks Simon :)

Action - Bird of prey for me, well captured.
Thanks again :)

Fantastic shots, the both of them.
:blush:

Hi DK .... Definitely the first buttercup one for me, I love the focus, it's absolutely spot on for me.

Your action shots are excellent too, lovely and sharp ....the bird of prey is a cracker:clap: and the dog shots when you zoom in close capture so much power .... even the one with the catch me if you can look :)

Hi ya matey :wave:

I agree with Allan.....what will we do if Shoehorn pop's up as a theme :eek:

That said I don't really think you needed the shoehorn....there's ONE model ! Shot 1 for me of Beth....just like her expression & the DOF more :clap:

Love all the dog shots but the last one is a corker.......:clap:

BOP...perfect DOF , perfect focus......love it :clap:

Number is tenuous but I like, the first one I keep changing my mind about. I think for me there is a bit too much blurred foreground and it detracts a bit from the subject, so the second is my preference.

I'm not sure what to say about action because I am usually rubbish at capturing it myself, always ending up with blurred subjects when I don't want it. The bird of prey I like composition-wise, and how clear you've managed to capture this. The dog is well captured too but not as appealing personally...maybe it's the expressions...third though is a cut above the other two IMHO

These Crowbars are the only consistent things in the 52's lol think every one has borrowed one from time to time

2nd Numbers for me eye contact makes all the difference

Action - Bird of Prey is fantastic timing no crit from me there but the tongue shot perfect made me chuckle lots

Doesn't look that bad on my work's computer :thinking:
Always the case mate isn't it.... different screen different feeling on a shot, some I see on my PC look better than on my tablet when really it should be the other way around :thinking:

Loving the re shoots of action and the second buttercup image for me.

Thanks Mandy :)

Hi DK .... Definitely the first buttercup one for me, I love the focus, it's absolutely spot on for me.

Your action shots are excellent too, lovely and sharp ....the bird of prey is a cracker:clap: and the dog shots when you zoom in close capture so much power .... even the one with the catch me if you can look :)
Cheers Susie... they were real characters them dogs :)

Hi ya matey :wave:
Hey Lynne :)

I agree with Allan.....what will we do if Shoehorn pop's up as a theme :eek:
I guess we would have to do a real crowbar shot just to make it feel right :D

That said I don't really think you needed the shoehorn....there's ONE model ! Shot 1 for me of Beth....just like her expression & the DOF more :clap:
Ahhhhhhhh very true, didn't think of the 'One' element :bang:

Love all the dog shots but the last one is a corker.......:clap:
Cheers Lynne :)

Did you get some good ones of the doggies ??

BOP...perfect DOF , perfect focus......love it :clap:
Wow - Thanks again :blush: :)

Number is tenuous but I like, the first one I keep changing my mind about. I think for me there is a bit too much blurred foreground and it detracts a bit from the subject, so the second is my preference.
Cheers Chris :)

I had similar thoughts at first, but after editing it it grew on me and I liked the DoF it gave the shot :)

I'm not sure what to say about action because I am usually rubbish at capturing it myself, always ending up with blurred subjects when I don't want it. The bird of prey I like composition-wise, and how clear you've managed to capture this. The dog is well captured too but not as appealing personally...maybe it's the expressions...third though is a cut above the other two IMHO
Cheers Chris, in hindsight I should have put my 70-200 lens on when shooting these, but I may have got even fewer in focus :)

These Crowbars are the only consistent things in the 52's lol think every one has borrowed one from time to time
Ohhhhhh yes there sure are, for me personally much better than a archive shot, still making me get my camera out, when as everybody knows, when busy it's sooooooo easy to think 'Oh Well'

2nd Numbers for me eye contact makes all the difference
Cheers Craig, yes that sure does make a difference doesn't it :)

Action - Bird of Prey is fantastic timing no crit from me there but the tongue shot perfect made me chuckle lots
Yay !!! Thanks mate... and yeah it did me too, so happy I captured it I was hoping I had :)[/quote][/quote]

Oy you :bat: - if you don't alter your title how can thicko me know that you have posted the latest themes:rolleyes:

Number - i prefer the first shot for the pose but the facial expression on #2. Also #1 has a better balance of colours - #2 being very, err, yellow.

Action- BIF is really well caught and fits theme perfectly - could you not have PP'd a mouse in the frame in its eyeline :whistle:

no I think the DoF is spot on!...my comment was rather about how much of the image was taken up with the blurred foreground rather than how blurred it was :)
Ahhhh I see mate :)

Oy you :bat: - if you don't alter your title how can thicko me know that you have posted the latest themes:rolleyes:
Oh Bugger :D

<EDIT>Fixed That :)

Number - i prefer the first shot for the pose but the facial expression on #2. Also #1 has a better balance of colours - #2 being very, err, yellow.
Cheers Alan... I think you are right there :)

Action- BIF is really well caught and fits theme perfectly - could you not have PP'd a mouse in the frame in its eyeline :whistle:
Hahaaaaa now why didn't I think of that :LOL:

Last edited:
Hi there,
numbers.. no 1 is just a bit dark on the left side of her face so no 2 for me(y)
Action re-shoot.. no 2 of the racing dog:)
Thanks Judi :)

Thanks to those that have visited... I'm now off out, but hope to catch up on some comments later today :)

Hi. Texture, lovely vibrant green and nice clean BG ( addendum below). The water drops are and added bonus.

I'd have been tempted to bend the upper right leaf out of the way to separate the plant from the BG :naughty:

Cheers.

Nowt wrong with that! Good detail in the hairy bits and shiny water droplets and nice contrast between the bright green whatever-it-is (cucumber or courgette maybe?) and the black background. Fits the theme well and a pretty good effort for a quickie as far as I'm concerned :clap:

Hi DK, nice flower bud? is it a poppy? I think the DoF is fine there is plenty of detail and the green is spot on (y)

Back