weekly DK's 52 in 2014 - Wk's 52 'Support' Added - AND FINISHED :)

Well then... struggling with this theme, so definetly only the one image this week

Sooooo I have reverted to a method I have used each year so far when things have been tough (not this year yet) I have taken pictures of nature in my garden, all depicting letters of the word, obviously it may be a bit of a shoehorn, but it is 8 separate macro shots each edited, so lots of damn work to get out of a fix :bang:

Wk 9 - feeling 'Positive' with Nature :D

Wk 9 - 'Positive' with nature
by TP DK, on Flickr

:LOL: Very well thought out DK (y), took mi a second to work it out....... I was looking at you first image thinking.........ivy begins with an 'i' :oops: :$:coat:

Last edited:
Hi DK, you might have been struggling but that really works for me, took me a while to figure out it said something, but then I am a bit dozy.
I like it :clap:

:clap: What a very creative and arty feel to it, at first I had to look twice to see the word positive spelt out. I like it a different take on the theme I won't pick fault with it as it's just superb IMHO.
Awwwweeee Thanks Mandy :)

It is one of my default 'get out of jail' cards... Was a long word this year though :D

:LOL: Very well thought out DK (y), took mi a second to work it out....... I was looking at you first image thinking.........ivy begins with an 'i' :oops: :$:coat:
Hahaaaaa Cheers Phil :)

I did have to spell it out last year when I did it with items in my bathroom... People kept telling me to switch the pics around, for me it muddled the word up so was well confused :thinking:

I commented over on flickr Dean but will just echo what i said here, fantastic, creativity at its best (y)

Hi, Dean, one of the best of this technique I've seen. The E is brilliant :clap:

Well composed and good colours.

Crit, not easy, but I might like to see the edges of each frame with a slight blend :thinking:

Cheers.

Hi, Dean, one of the best of this technique I've seen. The E is brilliant :clap:
Cool.... cheers mate :)

Well composed and good colours.
Thanks again :)

Crit, not easy, but I might like to see the edges of each frame with a slight blend :thinking:

Cheers.
Hmmmmm I wish I knew how to do that Andy... I'd like to have a go, may have a look on Youtube once I have been through my meet images... still not done them :bang:

Cheers for the suggestion - Appreciated (y)

That looks like an awful lot of hard work for one theme - but well worth the effort. I especially like the cheerful daisy (daisies are always cheerful!), which makes it even more positive-looking for me.

That looks like an awful lot of hard work for one theme - but well worth the effort. I especially like the cheerful daisy (daisies are always cheerful!), which makes it even more positive-looking for me.
Thanks Elaine :)

I like the daisy too... they are real nice flowers close up !!!!

A real smasher :) very well though to out and put together, a super original idea :clap:
Cheers Susie :)

Brilliant! Can imagine the works that went into this, and for that, I salute you Sir :clap:
Thanks Jason... very kind :)

Really well executed Dean and certainly one to be proud of.
Thanks again Jason... I do like this one... feel it needs a slight tweak but still happy with it :)

The boat on the water is a beauty... the one with the moved watermark that is.....funny the things you don;t see yourself befreo you post them!

:clap: for positive... awful lot of work gone into this one, most of the 7 imasges would stand up on their own, "I" of the lavender(?) is great... have you got a full size version of this please?? Scratch that - seen the massive size original on flickr! (y)

Is it just once a year your allowing yourself to use this sneaky trick?? :naughty:

Last edited:
The boat on the water is a beauty... the one with the moved watermark that is.....funny the things you don;t see yourself befreo you post them!/quote]Thanks Graham :)

And you are sure bang on there... it is odd how it takes a while to spot something odd with your own images, that you would spot straight away on somebody elses :D

:clap: for positive... awful lot of work gone into this one, most of the 7 imasges would stand up on their own, "I" of the lavender(?) is great... have you got a full size version of this please?? Scratch that - seen the massive size original on flickr! (y)
I was just going to say, have you not looked at the big one :D

Thanks again for the kind comment... and yes it is a type of lavender, it's one i purchased at the end of this summer... 'Butterfly Garden' Lavandula Stoechas

Is it just once a year your allowing yourself to use this sneaky trick?? :naughty:
Well.... I would like to say yes to that... but going by these themes so far, maybe not :D

2012 I did 'Root' again with plants/roots - 2013 I did 'Flow' with items in my bathroom.... if we get 'Juxtaposition' again this year :cautious:

Positive - great idea and most of the individual shots are good as well :D
I might try this if we get a hard theme like Existentialism ( although fitting 14 pics in may prove difficult :rolleyes:)

Positive - great idea and most of the individual shots are good as well :D
I might try this if we get a hard theme like Existentialism ( although fitting 14 pics in may prove difficult :rolleyes:)
Cheers Kev :)

Now then... I have a feeling that Andy put that word in this year... so if it gets pulled out you are going to HAVE to submit one now :D

Hi DK
There is so much I like about this image - the border, the b/g, the choice and range of shots, the exceptional light that you have managed to get on all of them, the angles and the overlappiness (!). Top shot (y)
Cool - Cheers Alan :)

Hi ya

I'm running late as usual.....

Love your Positive montage......well thought out ,good individual shots -all bright,sharp & well exposed.....cracking use of the theme (y)

Well here we go then...

I really struggled with this... Had my idea, I wanted to try and capture a moving second hand like somebody did last year, but no matter what I tried I could not capture it to something acceptable to myself, I'm thinking the second hand was sweeping too much rather than a tick tock type movement :thinking:

Sooooo I took a few shots from different angles... not what I wanted but 'Post and be Damned' time... Thanks for looking as usual... please don't laugh until you have left the room, thanks :D

Wk 10 - 'Time'
by TP DK, on Flickr

Wk 10 - 'Time' 2
by TP DK, on Flickr

Last edited:
Back