weekly HappySnapper79's 52 in 2014 -Ending Added

Like your smoke John, I knew you could do it, nice colour in the end. There is definitely something on that smoke.

Mineral is cracking too. I like the reflection on the black it looks good, I wondered if i should have done mine on black but wasn't sure how to light it.

Now you just have find a sense, i'm still puzzling over mine.

Cheers Dan, I'm going to have another go at shooting smoke, quite enjoyable but equally frustrating, I think I was always going to shoot mineral on black due to the colours.
I'm still not 100% on my subject choice for sense, its going to be a last minute mad panic I think, don't want to get behind again.

Smoke nothing to crit nice colour and comp.(y)

Mineral looks good on the black just not sure on the crop.

Many thanks, I think its safe to say the crop could have been improved for mineral, lesson learnt for next time. (y)

Hi John, sorry for not dropping in before now.

Smoke, Nice colours, almost looks like the YSL logo in the middle; But yes, I can see the dancing lady as well. I would have considered cropping some of the RHS off, the smoke isn’t as defined.

Mineral, as others have said the front edge is a little soft, and perhaps a bit more space on top would have helped. But nicely lit and I like the detail in it.

Cheers, not 100% happy with it Dan but I don't want to fall behind again. If you are still in London I'm sure you will find something.

Definitely a sense of movement (y) not too sure about both in the same image :thinking:........possibly just one and a different composition for me :)

Definitely a sense of movement (y) not too sure about both in the same image :thinking:........possibly just one and a different composition for me :)

I did think when I was waiting for both rides to spin at the same time it might get a little busy, perhaps a different composition may have been better.

Thanks for the comment.

Hi, I don't mind them being both together maybe a slightly shorter exposure
nice and colourful though and definitely a sense of movement

Hi John

fabulous bright colors , real sense of movement & speed & a cheeky little star burst in the lower rh corner (y) Think I may have been tempted to just stick with the rh wheel with more black space around it , nicer circular shape but that may not have been possible

Hi John

fabulous bright colors , real sense of movement & speed & a cheeky little star burst in the lower rh corner (y) Think I may have been tempted to just stick with the rh wheel with more black space around it , nicer circular shape but that may not have been possible

Due to the surroundings I was a little hampered on different ways to compose the shot, I did shoot one without the left hand wheel but I am not keen on it at all, I have included it so you can take a look.
Thanks for taking the time to comment.

Last edited:
Wow, that's really colourful and impressive. I think the composition works well in #1. Good work, sir!

... don't know what it is or why but I like it ... amazing!

First one for me (although nothing wrong with #2). The sense of movement is there to see. The colours are lovely and vibrant. One of my favourites this week so far. A big thumbs up from me.

First one for me (although nothing wrong with #2). The sense of movement is there to see. The colours are lovely and vibrant. One of my favourites this week so far. A big thumbs up from me.

Thank you very much Peter :)

Very bright and eyecatching - the fair is in our town at the moment and I've thought about going to do some of this - but the thought of having to have a tripod puts me off :(

Very bright and eyecatching - the fair is in our town at the moment and I've thought about going to do some of this - but the thought of having to have a tripod puts me off :(

Go on, go, you won't regret it. Sadly a tripod is a must with these type of shots.

Thanks for taking the time to comment

Well here is my image for Ending, this is the badge and thank you letter that I was sent by the Ministry Of Defence, it signifies my career in the Armed Forces Ending.

Thanks for looking.

Nice image with good use of DoF and an angle on the letter. Not sure if the badge is a little close to the edge but have to say that using a vignette works really well.

Nice image with good use of DoF and an angle on the letter. Not sure if the badge is a little close to the edge but have to say that using a vignette works really well.
I knew as soon as I posted it that there would be comments about how close the badge is to the edge of the frame, I have to agree its too close.

Thanks for the comment.

Ending - Nice image & good DoF, works well as mono and I like the vignette! It could have done with a slightly better composition for fitting the badge in and I don't like that it's slightly covering the M on Minister either - OCD :eek:

Back