weekly Jason's 52 in 2014 - SUPPORT Added - We've made it to the end together :-)

Never seen one of those before, it's certainly positive. Personally I wouldn't think of it as positive at all, more something to fill me with dread...but that's another story.

Well shot, excellent use of DoF.

Congratulations Jason (y) Although if that was at our house I'd be :runaway: :D

Definitely on theme, as mentioned, good dof (y)......now it might be my lappy, but it just looks a tad overexposed , I'm struggling to see the words :thinking:

Edit- Jason, please ignore my comment on being a tad overexposed, its either my lappy or mi eyes :rolleyes::)

Last edited:
......now it might be my lappy, but it just looks a tad overexposed , I'm struggling to see the words :thinking:

Definately your screen Phil.... they're there all right. (y)

Very nice simple shot, and couldn;t be more on theme. Wondering if a tiny bit more DOF wouldn't've hurt to get (just) a bit more of the thumb and fingers in but that's a minor thought.
Clean, clean and sharp where it needs to be, central comp works.

Definately your screen Phil.... they're there all right. (y)

Cheers Graham, I did wonder..........saying that, it could even be mi eyes
shakinghead.gif

First up Jason, congratulations :)
I think this is just perfect, the dof, pastel colours and composition all come together well.
Of course, it tells a story too. Cheers (y)

On theme, well composed and cracking fall off.

I have to say, it may be my screen, but I'd like to see a little more contrast. Has a slight high key look. Ran it through 'automatic' in Snapseed and seemed to add a little pop.

Likening the photograph, though.

Cheers.

Couldn't get anymore on theme :) My other half suggested something like this, but no point her weeing on a stick................thankfully :D

Congrats on your future little one :)

Thank you very much for the messages of congratulations....it is really appreciated....The little guy will be arriving at the end of May :)

Photo wise, I aimed to keep in tune with the baby theme by having it low contrast with a soft fluffy feel.. Hopefully I have effectively achived that.

Take care all (y)

Last edited:
When you've dropped, do these things become negative!? :D

Week 10: TIME

I've titled this weeks interpretation "The passage of Time"

Eventually we will loose all our loved ones to the passage of time. Featured here is my grandmother with our youngest son. Unfortunately she has passed on and he will never get to know her :(

The Passage of Time
by Jason Glyn, on Flickr

Last edited:
Excellent Jason, this really appeals :clap: very well though out,
bow_down_before_you-960.gif
at your pp skills (y) I would love to be able to create images like this, it would look superb hung on the wall :)

Wow Jason, that's a powerful image there, really rather poignant and a good reminder to us all.

Quite a lot of work gone into this one again, Loving the lens flare and teh numbers being blown away on the breeze..

As a really minor point, I'm not sure the minute hand over her eye works... do you still have the psd file with layers intact? If so, shouldn;t be too hard to rotate it back about 3 minutes. My biggest failing is I tend to flatten the image and delete the psd file when I think I'm happy with something.. once you've done that, a simple tweak becomes either impossible, or ridiculously complicated it's not worth doing.

Wow Jason, that's a powerful image there, really rather poignant and a good reminder to us all.

Quite a lot of work gone into this one again, Loving the lens flare and teh numbers being blown away on the breeze..

As a really minor point, I'm not sure the minute hand over her eye works... do you still have the psd file with layers intact? If so, shouldn;t be too hard to rotate it back about 3 minutes. My biggest failing is I tend to flatten the image and delete the psd file when I think I'm happy with something.. once you've done that, a simple tweak becomes either impossible, or ridiculously complicated it's not worth doing.

Ya know Graham, I studied this image of Jasons quite awhile, there's lots to see, but I never noticed the minute hand over the eye ............ makes me think I should have :thinking:

Now you've mentioned it, its very noticeable, maybe 2.52 for a reason? :thinking:

Definitely agree though, it would be batter just a few minutes earlier (y)

Edited- I still haven't learnt to tell the time :banghead: :D

Last edited:
Hi Jason....I had a similar idea of the flying time in my mind but I hadn't the faintest idea how to create it. I really like the way you have added the photo to the clock....it gives it a much greater depth, I also like the use of the sky and the sea....they will still be here when we are all long gone!!
Well done on the excellent skill you have used to create this...a special one to keep too :)

Hi JAson

now that is a seriously super piece of work , definitely one to be printed & framed :clap: As for crit....to me the sky seems a little overcooked but thats a personal thing...& that's it ...otherwise super pp , a very emotional image for you ,well thought out & executed :clap:

I'm just starting to get to grips with PP & have no idea how you created the bits coming of the clock.....could you share how you created this please ?

cheers

Positive - I really like the lighting. although not fussed on the subject it fits the theme well :)

Time its a good idea well executed, but personally the thing overall for me is a bit too "rendered".

Back