weekly Judi's 52 in 2014 week 33 and 34 added

I must admit it's difficult to say it is in focus especially as the right hand side definitely isn't although probably on purpose. Nice starburst effect on it though.

Hi Judi,
agree with above well done for capturing the light in the drop, simple but effective

Very pretty - waterdrops aren't as easy to take photos of as you think they're going to be ;)

I like the simplicity of this, and the starburst of course :)

hi Judi - i rather like this one, really nice and simple, but I can imagine not that simple to get perfect focus, at the perfect time.

Even like the tiniest little sunburst you have on the right side of the drop
thanks Graham did take a bit of patience, they kept dropping off before I was ready.

Yes, great timing Judi. As mentioned by Graham, I'd also spotted the tiny starbursts and what I can only guess is the reflection of the line in the droplet, very good (y)

thanks, the starbursts were better good luck than management I think :)

A lovely simple take on the theme love the small star bursts on the droplet very nice indeed.
Thanks Mandy :)

A lovely simple, clean and sharp image. Well done for seeing this and for a good capture.

I must admit it's difficult to say it is in focus especially as the right hand side definitely isn't although probably on purpose. Nice starburst effect on it though.
Thank-you Peter, the focus point was the neck of the drop :)

Well timed and composed. Pity it's winter and there's no nice, colourful flower in the drop.

Cheers.
thanks Andy put one up just for you with a bush and a small tree in it will find a flower next time:)

Hi Judi,
agree with above well done for capturing the light in the drop, simple but effective

Thank-you Allan :)

Very pretty - waterdrops aren't as easy to take photos of as you think they're going to be ;)
Thank-you Sarah, stood for a long time in the frost waiting for the drops to melt:)

I like the simplicity of this, and the starburst of course :)
Thanks Kev Can't take credit for the starbursts the sun did that :)

Great. Lovely lines.

Thanks Mark:)

close #1 for me I think. The green looks particularly striking against the blue. Liking that a lot :)
I'd maybe crop the right side off to leave a tall 'portrait' style shot? Maybe....

Hi Judi, great start to your 52 (y)
Line, I do like the contrast of the contrail against the bright blue sky, simple yet effective take on the theme.
Play, you've certainly caught the spirit of the dogs at play.
Close, I like both versions, good timing on catching the drop and as has been said, good work on focussing too. It can't have been straightforward.

Good work all round Judi :)

Bubble - All I'll say is great minds :)

I just think the composition isn't quite right.

Saw a "bubble" chocolate bar in the supermarket this morning and imeadately thought that is simple and on theme.

However, I haven't thought of how I'm going to compose the photograph of my bar just yet and fear this aspect makes a simple idea more complicated ?

Hi
Like your dogs at play .well caught. I have a black dog too and find it difficult to get a decent photo of him
As has already been said nice light on raindrop. Standing outside in cold & wet....that's dedication for you
Bubble maybe different composition ( surprised there are no teeth marks in choc)

Hi Judi

Close....#1 for me , very difficulty subject to focus on clearly for some reason , like the position in the frame & the little starbursts :)

Bubble.......I would never have thought of that ! Good clean focus , good color in the chocolate but as already said maybe not enough interest to hold your attention...but hey...we all have post & be dammed weeks.....

Hi Judi, great minds!
The aero bubbles are great for the theme.
I agree about what others have said regarding composition. I'd have liked to see it all in focus, but I like that you included the bubble words from the wrapper.

Bubble - All I'll say is great minds :)

I just think the composition isn't quite right.
Saw a "bubble" chocolate bar in the supermarket this morning and imeadately thought that is simple and on theme.
However, I haven't thought of how I'm going to compose the photograph of my bar just yet and fear this aspect makes a simple idea more complicated ?

Needs a lot more thought, couldn't do it again only got 1 bar :(

Hi
Like your dogs at play .well caught. I have a black dog too and find it difficult to get a decent photo of him
As has already been said nice light on raindrop. Standing outside in cold & wet....that's dedication for you
Bubble maybe different composition ( surprised there are no teeth marks in choc)

Thanks for all your feed back Anita, it didn't take long for the teeth to sink in!! ;)

Hi Judi
Close....#1 for me , very difficulty subject to focus on clearly for some reason , like the position in the frame & the little starbursts :)
Bubble.......I would never have thought of that ! Good clean focus , good color in the chocolate but as already said maybe not enough interest to hold your attention...but hey...we all have post & be dammed weeks.....

Thank-you for looking Lynne, yes definitely needs another go :)

Thank-you Simon great minds indeed ;)

On theme and good idea. Just need the composition and focus sorting.
That's what reshoots are for (y)

Cheers.

thanks Andy :)

OMG more chocolate bubbles - my mouth is watering :D

Thanks for dropping in Sarah, :)

Hi, have to agree with the comments above composition is a problem, but I'm sure you could come up with something else,
nice colour in the chocolate but I would lose the writing

Hi judi, on theme, Areo has to be a winner :D as mentioned, possibly composition could be improved :)

I like this Judi - well done for finding a way to avoid soapy bubbles. they're hard!

Loads of bubblyness here, works really well, and you get to eat the props.

Nice one.

Original idea for the theme, I think its a bit busy and I tend to wander around the frame. Maybe if they were all perfectly lined up to make it look a bit abstract could work? Nice idea though!

on theme and nice shot. Doesnt really jump out with colour but I found the writing at the bottom a little distracting. May have been better without it...

Hi, have to agree with the comments above composition is a problem, but I'm sure you could come up with something else,
nice colour in the chocolate but I would lose the writing

Thanks Colin and Allan, opinion is divided on the writing so will do both and see what it looks like :)

Hi Judi.....I think this has to be one for a reshoot as you've suggested

Yes definitly Jason

Hi judi, on theme, Areo has to be a winner :D as mentioned, possibly composition could be improved :)

on its way Phil :)

Nice colour and texture in the lower layer, crit already covered by the others :)

Thanks Mark :)

Mmmmmm Love Aero... could eat that right now, the lower half looks great, well lit and good enough to eat for sure, good idea putting the wording in the image too (y)

Thanks yes, it soon disappeared, opinion is very divided on the subject of the wording I like it :)

I like this Judi - well done for finding a way to avoid soapy bubbles. they're hard!
Loads of bubblyness here, works really well, and you get to eat the props.
Nice one.

thanks Graham, yes the props got eaten so I will have to go shopping again :(

Yes like this one. Not sure you need the wording at the bottom.

Thanks for looking Mercurius

Original idea for the theme, I think its a bit busy and I tend to wander around the frame. Maybe if they were all perfectly lined up to make it look a bit abstract could work? Nice idea though!

Thanks for looking Adam, I am going to have another go at this, I like the chocolate :)

Mmmm, more chocolate, drool! Nice detail on the bubbles and the writing just adds to the theme (y) I would simply crop the top bit off and have only the main bit at the bottom and the writing.

Thanks Marsha, reshoot coming up soon so sad will have to buy more chocolate ;(

Back