B&W Let's see your Black and White photos

This will be part of my Gloucester Sharpness project, but I'm well ahead of myself - this is the old Cadbury's factory, which is in mile # 9 of the canal, and I'm still on mile # 3. I just happened down this area on my bike with the GRiii in my pocket so it seemed a shame not to take a quick snap.

52685256550_8a41ef6e91_c.jpg

This will be part of my Gloucester Sharpness project, but I'm well ahead of myself - this is the old Cadbury's factory, which is in mile # 9 of the canal, and I'm still on mile # 3. I just happened down this area on my bike with the GRiii in my pocket so it seemed a shame not to take a quick snap.

52685256550_8a41ef6e91_c.jpg
Nice - never knew Cadbury’s had been in that neck of the woods!

I didn't think some of these would work in B&W given the subject but I think they did in the end, Taken at work and on my journey home with my Trusty battered Nikon point and shoot.
My first time with a cameras for a good while. All colour conversions

I just couldn't get the angle to avoid the road sign !
1BW.JPG

3BW.JPG

4BW.JPG

I don't often stray in here, but I've only just started picking up my camera again after a bit of a break,
I thought I'd try and expand my horizons a bit ..
Teasel.

edited.jpg

I don't often stray in here, but I've only just started picking up my camera again after a bit of a break,
I thought I'd try and expand my horizons a bit ..
Teasel.

View attachment 381410

Very nice capture Chris, really liking the detail and high contrast mono presentation.

"Good to hear you're expanding your horizons a bit, looking forward to seeing some more of your work"

Very nice capture Chris, really liking the detail and high contrast mono presentation.

"Good to hear you're expanding your horizons a bit, looking forward to seeing some more of your work"
Cheers George I appreciate the feedback.

Nice and sharp, Chris.
Oh, and great tones, too.
Cheers Garry, The encouragement is appreciated, as this is not something I usually do.

Back