weekly Mandy's first 52 challenge 2014 week 52 added and all finished now

Hi, sorry Mandy missed your nature pic rose is nice not sure about the poem,
I am in no position to crit the shadow having been recently visited by the shadow police myself.
Excellent panning on the motorbike, i'm impressed (y) bit more room for it to move into would have been nice

Hi, sorry Mandy missed your nature pic rose is nice not sure about the poem,
I am in no position to crit the shadow having been recently visited by the shadow police myself.
Excellent panning on the motorbike, i'm impressed (y) bit more room for it to move into would have been nice

Nice panning indeed. Composition already mentioned, although i prefer wider motorsport shots, this one is well executed.

Thanks for the comments.

Looks good ... I don't really have any experience of taking shots like this so don't appreciate how difficult it is.

HI Mandy

Nature...beautifully sharp well focused rose ,very delicate colors complimented by the bg(y) Iain's mentioned the spacing on 2 words ,I'd just add possibly making the stem come in from the corner ?

Action...perfect panning technique there missus,lovely n sharp....:clap: little less on the rhs ,little more on the lhs...

Looks good ... I don't really have any experience of taking shots like this so don't appreciate how difficult it is.

HI Mandy

Nature...beautifully sharp well focused rose ,very delicate colors complimented by the bg(y) Iain's mentioned the spacing on 2 words ,I'd just add possibly
Great Panning shot Mandy

what bike do you ride? I think I seen your picture on the cotswold biker night page on facebook ?

making the stem come in from the corner ?

Action...perfect panning technique there missus,lovely n sharp....:clap: little less on the rhs ,little more on the lhs...

Thanks all for the comments, and Craig I ride a red ybr 125

Great action shot Mandy. Just the right amount of motion blur and nice bright colours.

Hi Mandy another good motorbike shot and good B+W conversion, I am sure people will say it, a bit more space on the right for him to ride into would be nice.
you seem to have this panning technique nailed, well done

Hi Mandy another good motorbike shot and good B+W conversion, I am sure people will say it, a bit more space on the right for him to ride into would be nice.
you seem to have this panning technique nailed, well done

Thanks for the comments, there was not much i could do about space on the right hand side that's just how it came off the camera.

Well detailed shot Mandy, great motion blur in the bg, conversion works well (y)

Hi, Allan alluded to space...and I'd agree.

Your panning really is great.

I dint feel the subject suits mono, though, I'm sure his leathers and bike are very colourful.

His rear type looks a little deflated.....not that I know what I'm taking about in relation to any motor vehicle :)

Cheers.

Good panning shots, imagine the bikes are pretty hard being small and fast.

The one of your friend kesia is great where you can see part of her face. The color of her wheels and hair come through really well.

Mono works surprisingly well. The light behind gives a nice rim light to separate from the tyres behind. Agree More space in front

Also think next time you could drop your shutter speed maybe, a little at a time, see what difference that makes. :)

Well detailed shot Mandy, great motion blur in the bg, conversion works well (y)

Your panning really is great.

I dint feel the subject suits mono, though, I'm sure his leathers and bike are very colourful.

His rear type looks a little deflated.....not that I know what I'm taking about in relation to any motor vehicle :)

Cheers.

Mono - great shot Mandy good b&w w conversion and great focus.

Good panning shots, imagine the bikes are pretty hard being small and fast.

The one of your friend kesia is great where you can see part of her face. The color of her wheels and hair come through really well.

Mono works surprisingly well. The light behind gives a nice rim light to separate from the tyres behind. Agree More space in front

Also think next time you could drop your shutter speed maybe, a little at a time, see what difference that makes. :)

Hi Mandy ....two super bike shots for Action and Mono .... you certainly have the technique mastered on those panning shots.

Thanks all for taking the time to look and comment really means a lot to me.

Hi Mandy

your panning technique is almost faultless , wheel spokes nicely blurred , rider & bike sharp as a sharp thing , bg blurred well :clap:.....just need to give the bikes a bit more space to move in to for it to be 100% ...I'm also not sure on the mono but thats a personal thing...it does work well on classic bikes though

is rear type looks a little deflated.....not that I know what I'm taking about in relation to any motor vehicle :)

Cheers.
LOL @posiview ...it's called putting the power down...you can see the front tyre is only just making contact so he's on the gas & the rear tyre is digging in as bikes transfer their weight to the rear under power :)

Hi Mandy

your panning technique is almost faultless , wheel spokes nicely blurred , rider & bike sharp as a sharp thing , bg blurred well :clap:.....just need to give the bikes a bit more space to move in to for it to be 100% ...I'm also not sure on the mono but thats a personal thing...it does work well on classic bikes though

LOL @posiview ...it's called putting the power down...you can see the front tyre is only just making contact so he's on the gas & the rear tyre is digging in as bikes transfer their weight to the rear under power :)

Hi Mandy,
mono... Great shot, brilliant panning (y)(y)

Thanks for the comments means a lot to me.

Hi Mandy
Nature/natural - good simple choice. I am not a fan of text/words inserted into pictures but this works in context. Nice choice of flower. Maybe get the stem coming from the corner and a little harsh on the shadow underneath, but a shadow is not out of place.
Action - Works very well - good technique. Like others, more space in front of the bike and perhaps better if it is not being turned away from camera.
Mono - very good - even better panning I think. Mono works well for me. Again a bit more space in front of bike

Hi Mandy
Nature/natural - good simple choice. I am not a fan of text/words inserted into pictures but this works in context. Nice choice of flower. Maybe get the stem coming from the corner and a little harsh on the shadow underneath, but a shadow is not out of place.
Action - Works very well - good technique. Like others, more space in front of the bike and perhaps better if it is not being turned away from camera.
Mono - very good - even better panning I think. Mono works well for me. Again a bit more space in front of bike

Cheers Alan for taking the time to look and comment.

Mono
The conversion is quite good but it seems to make it look more static as you are loosing the motion blur as the background is all merged (if that makes any sense :) )

You've nailed the focus and it's as sharp as anything as are most of your bike shots on flickr :)

Hi Mandy, great panning technique on mono (y)
Just needs a little space at the front end but other than that, no real crit.

Mono
The conversion is quite good but it seems to make it look more static as you are loosing the motion blur as the background is all merged (if that makes any sense :) )

You've nailed the focus and it's as sharp as anything as are most of your bike shots on flickr :)

Hi Mandy, great panning technique on mono (y)
Just needs a little space at the front end but other than that, no real crit.

Thanks for tasking the time to look and comment. it really does mean alot to me you guys stopping by and looking.

well the weeks are certainly flying past me and i am a little behind on stuff but i am here with week 17, i struggled a great deal with the theme i could not not find anything to inspire me at all. not to mention i have had a few things go wrong for me off late my Iphone has died and my beloved tamron lens has had to be sent off to tamron to see why it's not working. any way enough off me moaning on lol my idea for this theme was a twisted bit of string not exciting but at least it keeps me in the game. Taken on my 400D with my kit lens and raynox 150 not much pp work done, but it is very much a post and be damned week. I aim to have my week 18 theme done tomorrow night to bring me all nicely up to date.

Twisted

Twisted by pinkbikerbabe 1, on Flickr

Nice detail Mandy, not sure the background helps show to it's potential, and think a diagonal would work better, well on theme and effective light and DoF :)

Nice feeling when you start to get up to date isn't it :)

Thanks for the comments Dean, it's been one heck off a week and yes i agree with you on the fact that maybe the background is a bit wrong for the subject. It will be great to be back on top form again, dont want to be on the wall of shame!!

Hi Mandy,

Twisted... might be a post and be damned shot but it sure fits the theme :)

Thanks Judi your comments are most welcoming.

Certainly fits the theme, but as others have commented, a more contrasting background colour and possibly a slight rotate could have made it a more interesting image.

Back