weekly my 52 of 2014: weeks 6,7,8 & 9 added

Smoke - simple fits the theme, I like the composition.

Mineral - fits the theme I prefer the second image, as the pinks are much brighter. And the composition is better for my tastes.

Sense - lovely family image, and a cute baby.

Ending - simple I like the use off the sc on the image, crit wise I feel it could off been a little more dead/dying round the edges of the flower to fit the theme better for me.

Positive - I will go along with half full as well, but it does not hold my attention for long I feel it lacks something.

Hi David

Mineral.....lovely colors & fascinating slice of mineral :).....the centre seems really sharp but the outer parts look a little oof ? I'd have cropped a little harder as well from the lhs . Curious to know your camera setting but your Flickr is marked private so can't see the exif detail ?

Sense of pride...one for the album I think....just need to sort the white balance

Ending.....fab yellow & it's just starting to go over so spot on theme :) Just seems a little oof again ?

Hi David nice catch up

Smoke - Nicely composed and I like the DOF used (y)

Mineral - #2 for me although the colours need to pop a bit more and it looks OOF. Also the BG is a bit flat.

Sense - Nice take on the theme lovely shot just the WB needs attention as mentioned (y)

Ending - Just right with the state of the Daff going over but not a fan of the BG

Positive - Not a fan I'm afraid needs some contrast maybe a coloured liquid :thinking: to give some interest. I do though like the reflections.

Smoke - A very shallow DoF is giving this a nice almost 3D effect.

Mineral - For this one though a larger DoF would have improved both these images

Sense - A lovely family photo which fits the theme nicely

Ending - Composition is good but the image lacks something - feels a little oof as well

Positive - I must be a half full person as it's the bottom half of this that works so much better than the top.

Hey David :)

Smoke - Ah haaaaa great idea, like the composition and angle of the packet - perfect focus :)

Mineral - Going for number two... bit deeper DoF would be nice, but really like the colour and the centre section is well detailed

Sense - Sure captures the theme, a good look captured

Ending - Not sure on this one at all... Crop could do with being square and a much wider DoF :)

Positive - I think it needs some colour, bottom half is nice and sharp :)

Great Catch up :clap:

Hi David
smoke - on theme, good angle of shot and b/g. The reflected highlights on the bag are a bit distracting
Mineral - #2 has better colour, comp and focus - even tho the outer edge still seems oof - not sure whether that has anything to do with the material
Sense - good happy feeling photo that fits the theme(y)
Ending - very much on theme and like the slightly desat feel (y)but a bit oof/? and the b/g is a bit too grey. Good idea
positive - again lacking a bit of impact/contrast which means that it is a bit underwhelming.

Err - only 3 weeks behind now :exit:

Back