weekly my 52 of 2014: weeks 6,7,8 & 9 added

It's #1 for me too. Nice and sharp and good colours. As others have already said background is a tad distracting in top left corner.

Hi David

that colorful dino really pops out of the screen , very colorful , like the DOF ...nice shot mister (y)

Hi, close took me a while to work that out, nice exposure, works for me
spirit level pic just needs a little more brightness but again works well

close works well there - interesting deformation of the burnt part of the match - think I'd like to see that part larger in the frame.

bubble, for me it needs a bit more DOF - you;re just loosing the rear edge of the level, I like the OOF BG, but would like all the level to be in focus.

Close: like this shot, I think it works well.

Bubble: I go for #1, but could do with being lightened and WB sorted out.

Thanks guys a few of my match shoots were a lot closer (burn myself a little) but not as clear or interesting. And like I said the level was my 1st thought when I saw the topic and wasn't the weather to get my boys outside playin with bubbles witch I have a few old shoots of witch would have work well too.

Last edited:
Close - I like this particularly how you've caught the orange glow of the match
Bubble - I prefer the first one as #2 feels as if you've just missed the framing

Close is most excellent

Bubble - prefer the 2nd shot but would like to see it closer

Hi Ya

Close.....really well handled exposure & wayyy to close to those fingers (y) not sure if a crop to make it slightly less central would work better ?

Bubbles....spirit level needs a touch more light , the green one has great bokeh but is a little odd to me....maybe need to see more of the bubble ,tough what there is is nicely sharp :)

Hi David

Line - Good idea on the dominoes. Beat for me is the last edit with the focus on the middle domino and the flare to the left cropped out. Good shot
Play - #1 is bright and punchy but b/g lets it down a bit #2 has potential but seems a bit tight
Close - humorous i thought. Good detail in the match and well captured colours
Bubble - spirit level shot looks a bit green overall to me and agree with graham@overbez re focus. #2 the bubble gum doesn't do much for me I m sorry

Back