weekly Perry's 52 challenge for 2015 week 8 Relax & 9 Vertical Added

Hi
Bliss
Made me smile, love DOF and composition. Well done

Hi Perry

Liking your idea of bliss, did make me smile
Keep them coming!
:)

Another toy theme for fragile for me this week - having spent ages at Christmas building these for my daughter (bless her) within 10 minutes most of it needed re doing - I have lost count now the amount of rebuilds we have had :)

January 10, 2015-TP Week 2 Fragile1 by Perry Giffin, on Flickr

Yes, you daughter's :)

On theme, good detail and DOF. I might have increased the exposure slightly.

The link you added in the Photos Only thread doesn't seem to work.

Cheers.

How on earth do you know which bits go to which building. Nice bright colours and very fragile when broken after all the hard work that goes into building.

How on earth do you know which bits go to which building. Nice bright colours and very fragile when broken after all the hard work that goes into building.

Luckily still have the instructions, otherwise I would not have a clue.

hi, perfect idea for bliss though the placement of the batteries leaves a little to be desired, luckily my children have grown up and i no longer have this problem
fragile a good idea but a little to much going on I feel, i think I prefer the 1st image out of the 2 here

Thanks for the comments, and taking the to comment,

I take it, if I get another chance this week to re-shoot Fragile I can just add another one into the thread ?

Hi Perry... Another nice and colourful choice for fragile. Out of the 2, I much prefer to viewpoint of the first one. The colours are good and like the background blur..... The only thing I would like personally is for all the foreground rubble to be in focus. I miss Lego [emoji25]

Lovely colourful shot, I have the same issue having to rebuild Lego. I prefer shot 1 personally and like the shallow DoF, I think it needs a slight CCW rotation though to bring the verticals on the buildings in the background vertical.(although I am now sat here rotating my iPad and I'm now not too sure)

Hi, a lovely colourful picture for fragile! I prefer the point of view of your first shot but would have preferred a little more dof at the front! Good luck re building it all now!!:)

Fragile - a nice bright take on the theme, works for me. All I can say is you must be a very patient chap, my son used to have Lego things to build. It used to drive me round the bend, I look forward to your next image.

OK, I missed something. Pink lego!? When was that introduced!!?

I'm thinking the post #43 shot is my preferred one. It feels more "involved". Not sure what your subject is in the photos as they're quite busy with all the colours.

Good take on the theme, think I prefer the one with the lower pov but only just!

Well interpreted and I too prefer the lower POV. Just a little more in focus at the front would make a big difference. And, you poor man, all that Lego to rebuild :runaway::runaway::runaway:

Thanks again for taking the time to look and comment, I appreciate it

Hi Perry & welcome from me :wave:

Patterns...great shot for a phone camera , almost uniform ice......good start to your project (y)

Fragile....1st works for me with the low POV , lighting a little harsh ( flash ? ) but on theme :)

& you can repost for sure if you have the patience to rebuild that little lot ...or save it for a reshoot week (y)

Hi Perry - good take for fragile and certainly on theme for me. Of the two, I definitely prefer the first: I think the low POV of the first works well and your shallow DOF helps reduce the "clutter" and allows us to concentrate just on the central area. It could benefit from a slight exposure lift or perhaps just lifting the shadows a touch as you wouldn't want to blow the white blocks... although I think you must have a stop of latitude there? Composition works well for me - all round a good shot!

OK, so busy weekend for me and even busier week, training at work meant no time to play, so I have gone with a picture I took at Southwold.

If time allows I will hopefully get another sorted this week.

Southwold
by Perry Giffin, on Flickr

Nice scene. I like the pov through the foliage.

Gaz

I have to agree, with the others Perry, it rather appealing, I too love the PoV through the reeds,
and then you "discover" the house and the boat :)

Hi Perry a nice shot,its surpising the patterns you can see in the ice,your shot came well,i will be posting my pics shortly,look forward to seeing more of your images,welcome on board the 52 week thread,

Nice image Perry, colours are lush, and the grass adds to the overall image too

Phil

Really like this shot, I always found that flipping undergrowth so unattractive and distracting in a lot of shots but you have used it perfectly, as a really sharp silhouette! bit of a halo thing going on with the sun, Can be awkward to remove, even then I'm never really sure if i like them or not.... Love the sunlight reflecting off the water and hitting the hull of the fishing boat. Nice work.

Hiya Perry, this is a cracker as others have commented. Your composition is really good and the fact there are some hidden aspects is even better. Great light, super colours and nice strong silhouettes.

A really good image :clap:

Thank you very much for all the excellent feedback on Scenic, when I get the chance I will try and edit and remove the bird

Love the colours of the image very much. just had to scroll back I missed the bird.

Back