weekly Project 52 twenty thirteen! TIME & LETTER & KIND & TACKY

On theme and detailed.

Not keen on the composition or crop, myself. I'd refer the RH tree not being there and a lower perspective so all of you is in.

I do like your stance, it's like one of them cartoons where a rock falls onto some unsuspecting character :D

Cheers.

Nice photo Sara, I think I prefer the other gravity photo you have in your flickr theme.

Did Bob throw the snowball up himself?

Hi Sara, finally got around to looking at your shots,

Sin made me chuckle, that's always good for this project!
I like the sloth too, but your first shot wins it for me.

Season is a lovely shot, I really like the crop as it is. All I would say is the eyes look a tad soft, if they were pin sharp it would make such a difference. However, I know kids and how difficult they are to catch in focus!

Gravity, this doesn't quite work for me, like you say the snowball isn't in focus.

It's good to see Bob with his trousers on for this one though :D

Week four theme wild by Missysarawilliams, on Flickr

I'm using this one as my wild photo, he really isn't in the wild far from it but the next best thing chester zoo. I love animal and there is nothing better than walking around the zoo and taking a few shots! I still haven't mastered the best way to shoot an animal. Just learning the rule of thirds .... Hope you like this one.

Thank you all for your comments... Keep them coming.

Hi Sara I did a lion too at Chester zoo good composition and really well cropped the WB is slightly off maybe great pic though :clap:

That's a nice image, Sara, with lots to keep the eye engaged. The littlest issue... the lion's white beard sort of melts confusingly into the white snow. I guess you don't have a lot of options about where you're positioned, but would a position slightly to the left have give a bit more separation? Like it, though!

This image is unedited the fence was infront of the lion hens the lines... I also had the lioness actually at the fence, I had to tiptoe to get above her :) good day had the zoo to myself.

Thank you for your comments

not been to Jodrell bank since I was about 12 pity about the weather, I like the composition :clap:

oh and there is a dust spot top left

Liking this one - plenty of "space" around it too, adding to the theme. Good choice with the B&W too.

Now this location, with star trails as well...... would be out of this world!! :LOL:

Shame about the flat light, but right on theme and a nice composition. It's a big brute, ins't it!

Hi Sara

Gravity - not keen on the comp altho a good idea for the theme

Wild - on theme. Good comp with the lion in the right place and space to the left for the gaze. Colours look a bit out (WB) and a tad soft.

Space - cracker for the theme and good comp with the off centre dish and space in the sky. Difficult light and all a bit 'grey' so maybe a bit more contrast :thinking:

Hi Sara,

You've got a good sense of composition in these images and they work really well. I particularly like the Jodrell Bank shot and it is a shame about the sky, but that's the weather for you. Precious few non "flat-grey-skies" this year so far.

I also like "Season". It's a charming portrait with the hands framing the face nicely.

You're doing well - keep it up!

Ian.

Thanks Ian, I take all comments and try to develop this is why I'm doing project 52 ... It seems harder this year and more professional. WB is what I seem to be struggling with and sometime a little imagination.... It's great looking at everyone else. I'm not commenting as I don't feel fit to on other people's.

superpippo said:
Hi Sara

I agree with Andy - you should comment, your views are as relevant as any. After all it's only opinion that is offered. Keep it as short as you want. Believe Andy, it will help you as well.

Agreed. We are all here to learn and have some fun in doing so. Constructive criticism and comments are part of the process.

Hi Sara :)

You could do with a link to here on the 'photos only thread' there is many to comment on and few will have time to make the effort to try and find your thread - you would get mnay more visits I think :)

Work - A good interpretation, needs a little straighten for me, but I'm liking the detail and colour of the rust beyond the chimps :)

I went to see that boat "The Duke of Westminster" last week there are a couple of pics on my flickr,there is some really good graffiti on one side of it fits with the theme for me (y)

Managed to find you, Sara, and I do like the pic. It's the almost mono... oh wait it's colour effect that grabs me. As Dark says, maybe a tiny bit of straightening, but it doesn't bother me...

Hi Sara

Juxtaposition - good idea and get the connection that you have identified. i also see the juxtaposition of linear and vertical elements very well captured. Like the washed out spring sunshine too.

Gluttony - a bit shoe horned into the theme perhaps, altho I accept that you have gone for a form excess. I like the layout of the shoes and the pile of boxes at the rear. Good dof but looking on flickr site it appears that the front shoe is very slightly oof and the second shoe is sharper. Just a minor point.

Also, as an aside, they both look better viewed on flickr

Sorry for taking some long to find you!

Love your work shot!

Juxtaposition: Nice shot, i had the same idea with a train and trees but mine didnt work as well as yours!

Gluttony: Thats not gluttony thats necessity! :p Nice photo fits the theme and works well for me!

Interesting, I hadn't thought of the shoes as gluttony! I was looking in that shot for juxtaposition (and not really finding it, other than colour), and thought that the people in the monorail car had eaten so much that the rail had sunk! But your explanations are much better. I like both shots, but particularly the shoe one, where the placing and angles of the shoes are just bang on!

Hi Sarah

Gluttony.....loving thos purple shoes...sadly I don't have the vice of shoes....far to much of a tomboy :LOL:

Juxtaposition....like that...works well , love the starightness of the tree's & the position you caught the train in ...slight crit is the tree tops clipped

Hi Sarah

just realised I've missed a few of your weeks...sorry :crying:

Space...like the composition...would have been easy to shot the whole dish but your version appeals more to me & mono works really well (y)

Art WORK....thats a great find , very interesting , nicely handled blacks & whites (y)

Don't worry about feeling not experienced enough or good enough to comment on others work.....just say what you like about a shot or don't like if thats the case....you opinion is as valid as anyone's .You have an eye for composition & crops & processing so jump in with some feedback for others :clap:

missed a couple of yours
nice take on the theme of gluttony :clap:
first shot for electric as someone has already pointed out is a bit too tightly cropped
Don't worry about your idea being already done its about your interpretation

I much prefer the second one, the barbed wire almost seems to have electricity running through it!

Back