weekly sr1867 ~ 52 ~ 2014 : Support ~ DONE ~ DUSTED ~ FINISHED ~ COMPLETE.

I think this is a great one for the theme, lovely focus on the ticket, with the numbers on the screen in just enough detail....

It's staged right?? All the numbers being one out??

This is clever but I have to ask, did this really happen or is this some PP trickery? :p

The ticket may not be all it appears to be. But dont tell anyone else. ;)

Bubble - perfect.

No matter what I think about to match the theme there is always someone with another idea I just never thought of. More to the point I have been using one of these even over the weekend and never linked the bubble to the theme !! Maybe a tighter crop on the bubble would work well ?

Hopefully you all find this to be in the spirit of the theme.

hoho - Iseewhatyoudidthere!

Great job - super detail on the level, bubble right in the middle. I'd also say go closer, and maybe lose some of the brick above it while you're there.

Hopefully you all find this to be in the spirit of the theme.
:tumbleweed: ..............:D

Definitely a good, different take on the theme Simon (y) image looks good, but I'm with the ' could do with a closer crop' brigade :)

Cool Idea - a very important bubble - it's rare I see one like that though :LOL:

Like it. Another who has stuck rigidly to the theme. I thought of lots of things i could have done with bubbles but the theme was bubble [singular] which made it easier to think of off-beat things, hence my own Bubble and Squeak. Definitely the cropped version although the original would have been fine IMO if the bubble had lined up with the upright cement in the wall (I'm sure there is a technical term).

HaHa ... saw this last night and didn't know what it was ... a bit blurry eyed.

made perfect sense this morning.

Personally ... I think if the crop-to-zoom is deemed necessary, then perhaps you could zoom out from the brickwork background (?):thinking:

Hi Simon

another original idea ....close crop for me , like the wall being oof enough not to overpower but still add context & perfectly level (y)

Boy am I glad to see the back of this week. :wave:
Not happy with this at all but I am trying so hard not to use old photos.

Week 05 ~ Smoke
by sr_1867, on Flickr

Interesting and works well. I would have liked to have seen the DOF adjusted to have the end of the cigarette in focus as this pic emphasises the skull rather than the smoke. Just a thought.

Interesting and works well. I would have liked to have seen the DOF adjusted to have the end of the cigarette in focus as this pic emphasises the skull rather than the smoke. Just a thought.

Thanks. It was the best of a very very bad bunch I really struggled this week

:clap:HaHa ... thanks for injecting a bit of fun :clap:

I agree about the end of the ciggy .... maybe you could stick a glowing red in-focus bit on the end of existing ciggy.

(that's what I did with my cigar)

I like the idea and image Simon (y) As mentioned, a greater dof and focus on the cig end my have worked well :)

That's kind of cool - have to agree about a bigger DOF - but an excellent concept.

absolutely 100% agree with NOT using old photo's.

LIke this one, great idea and executed well, I think it's greater DOF needed, rather than focus point on the lit end of the cig.

Although greater DOF would have needed more light, and not sure you had much more room for maneuver on shutter or ISO??

Great idea - very striking.Virtually impossible to get it all in focus I think from that PoV.

Back