weekly sr1867 ~ 52 ~ 2014 : Support ~ DONE ~ DUSTED ~ FINISHED ~ COMPLETE.

Time reshoot - much better composition, but not sure about the background.

Swirl - pretty shape, colour and a good take on the theme, but again not sure about the background.

Multi-reshoot - love it! Very clever, fun idea, lots of warm natural looking colours and a nice plain background ;)

Time reshoot - much better composition, but not sure about the background.

Swirl - pretty shape, colour and a good take on the theme, but again not sure about the background.

Multi-reshoot - love it! Very clever, fun idea, lots of warm natural looking colours and a nice plain background ;)

Thanks Elaine Backgrounds were abit naff the swirl one is the privet in the garden as I wanted to try to catch the swirl movement in the wind which I nearly got. The pic is the best of a bad bunch again.

Time - I like the edit so much better cleaner composition.

Swirl - fits the theme but it's not grabbing my attention for long.

Reshoot - good effort simple and a nice idea.

Thanks as always for your comments (y)

Sorry Simon... but the re-shoot is way too fussy for me, nice idea again but I think you have tried to cram way too much in this time, two cigarettes would be better I feel, the batteries just confuse it :)

Easily the better of the two for me is the first, The Bright twirly thing stand out really nicely against the green Hedge (y)

Swirl - The subject is nicely light which provides separation to the background. You've just lost a bit off the bottom though.

Reshoot - I guess this could fit Time, Positive or Smoke. The variation of stones helps provide a bit more interest

Time reshoot definite improvement. Would like a bit more room around and maybe a more neutral BG.

Swirl - Nice a bright agree though about BG not really suiting.

Mixed reshoot - Nice bit of fun and well composed. Like the clean BG as well.

Hi Simon

Your image of Time spelt out with watches is way better than the original....but just to be picky....maybe don't use carpet as the background ?

Swirl....now that I like.......pinky purply color is a winner for me , good use of DOF ,like how the tail goes out lower lhs corner (y) Just a smidge to tight at the top though I suspect this was maybe necessary ? Again , another plain bg would lift it even more

Smoke mineral time positive reshoot...... ,well lit , almost perfect background but again , a little too busy for me

It a Mammoth 4 week catch up I thought I would play the Doodle card and I blame work that I got so far behind I really need to win Lotto :)
Thanks for looking again and all your comments are gratefully appreciated. I have only had my DSLR for about 6 months and the learning curve has been steep.

I'm having a flikr nightmare uploading?:brb: Got it :runaway:

Linked by the Lead
Week 12 ~ Link by sr_1867, on Flickr

This is known as the Dog step in our house. All of our four dogs have used and slept on this step.
Week 13 ~ Step by sr_1867, on Flickr

Week 14 ~ Natural Nature by sr_1867, on Flickr

Week 15 ~ Action by sr_1867, on Flickr

Last edited:
Great work - love the fact that all 4 from your catch up feature the same subject - (not all the same dog are they??).

Linked by the lead I think could have been better with the hand more in focus, you were "wide open" on your aperture here, closing down a bit would have helped achieve this, but I really like the shot, and good eye contact too.

the dog step works well, the dog almost blends in to the carpet, poss a bit close but not much room to play with on stairs

nature i like, but also don;t like as I'd like to have a bit more space on the right, for the dog to look into, nice daffs in the BG.

nice "gob shot" for action, caught the action well with a fast enough shutter, good focus too.

Great work - love the fact that all 4 from your catch up feature the same subject - (not all the same dog are they??).

Linked by the lead I think could have been better with the hand more in focus, you were "wide open" on your aperture here, closing down a bit would have helped achieve this, but I really like the shot, and good eye contact too.

the dog step works well, the dog almost blends in to the carpet, poss a bit close but not much room to play with on stairs

nature i like, but also don;t like as I'd like to have a bit more space on the right, for the dog to look into, nice daffs in the BG.

nice "gob shot" for action, caught the action well with a fast enough shutter, good focus too.

Thanks Graham she is one and the same dog could not cope with 2 Labradoodles.
The lead shot was not the best but her expression made me go with that one and I again made it difficult for myself as its a one handed selfie again I need to get myself a willing model.
The stairs shot was crop tight or re decorate and same with the garden shot agree about more space to right but the garden is a tip that side
And the Gob shot was defiantly more luck through perseverance than anything. ;)

Last edited:
Hi Simon,
linked... lovely doggy picture i think that it would have been even better with the hand in focus (y)
Step... love this one she blends in well just right to fall over, I think the crop would be better if the rhs had that little dark bit out :)
Nature/natural... I agree with Graham about the rhs space, lovely girl in her natural state as well as a few nice daffs(y)
Action....well snapped, good action, good focus, great (y)

Life gets in the way sometimes.

Linked, like the idea and perspective. Hand not in focus is only crit.

Step, he looks happy :)

Nature, a bit right but on theme.

Action, I'm liking the triangle you've created. Pity the DOF is so wide.

Good catch up.

CheersCheers

Good catch up (y)

The lead made me smile. Good pov, dof (y)

Last dog photo for a while I promise (Unless next weeks topic is Dogs)
The Cocker was so unimpressed with my last 4 weeks submissions of the Doodle.
So to redress the balance I have gone for the Black and White dog (I know hes Blue Roan really) in mono.

Week 16 ~ Mono by sr_1867, on Flickr

Good detail in the dog Simon (y)..........what makes me think he looks guilty of something :thinking: :D

Good detail in the dog Simon (y)..........what makes me think he looks guilty of something :thinking: :D
Hi Simon,
Lovely dog :) Cockers often have that sad look don't they, great shot of him (y)

Thanks for your comments as always.

And yes he gets away with murder with those puppy dog eyes even though hes 3 years old :)

Great mono shot Simon. He has such expressive eyes and you've captured them perfectly :clap:

Good work on the composition and the capture of the eyes here, does have a slightly guilty look to him, avoiding eye contact with you like that!

Hi. agree with above a nice dog portrait maybe getting a little lower would be an improvement

Thanks one and all for your comments

Mono - lovely portrait the eyes really do jump out at you

I do find the daffodils a bit distracting

I agree. Don't normally do edits I find one photo a week enough of a challenge but just for you Craig. Its not the most skillful bit of editing you will ever see. :)

Week 16 ~ Mono ~ Edit by sr_1867, on Flickr

HI Simon

Beautiful set of doggy shots....he's a cracking looking fella for sure.....like the set of 4....the lead one I'd be happy to crop the hand out & just have the lead going out of the frame , the Nature shot I also like just looks a little on the blue side ?

As for the Cocker....OMG....I think I'm n love :kiss: what a totally gorgeous pooch & an excellent image with the daffs removed :clap:

Linked - Nice idea. I can't decide whether the hand should be in or not but I love the expression on the dog

Step - A bit tight in frame but I guess it would be difficult given the position

Nature - There seems to be a dog theme gonig on LOL. I was thinking the colours are a bit cool but have realised that's frost on the ground.

Action - Definitely caught the dog in action. I'd usually like to see the eyes but in this case the teeth are great

Mono - Lovely expression in the eyes. I'd probably suggest crouching down to his/her eye level to add impact

Sorry Sorry Sorry Sorry Sorry Sorry. Its a 6 week mega catch up again.
And I'm going to try and do some commenting on all your great pictures tonight.

Enjoy my catch up :ty:

Week 17 ~ Twisted by sr_1867, on Flickr
A twisted stone thing?

Week 18 ~ Fresh[/url] by sr_1867, on Flickr
Just Fresh fruit.

Week 19 ~ Shape
by sr_1867, on Flickr
It's a Square,Circle,Risky Inverted Pentagram with a triangle or 2.

Week 20 ~ Number
by sr_1867, on Flickr
Another selfie.

Week 20 ~ Nature ~ Reshoot
by sr_1867, on Flickr

Week 21 ~ Strong
by sr_1867, on Flickr
A Hard boiled egg.

Week 22 ~ Texture
by sr_1867, on Flickr
What mega catch up would be complete without the dog picture.

Gonna be a quick catch up, I'm afraid.

Twist, funky sculpture. I'd like to see more of the reflection.

Fresh, cracking take on the theme.

Shape, works well and the square fomat is a good choice. I'd likenthe whits a tad whiter.

Numbers, on theme but doesn't really grab me. 4 aces or Royal Flush may have added some interest.

Nature, good detail.

Hard boiled egg, another cracking (see what I did there :)) take. A bit of motion blur would have helped.

Texture, plenty of textures there.

Good catch up.

Cheers.

Back