The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Still love my old Fuji Dslrs the S1pro was my first Dslr chopped in one of my F5 Nikons to get t at the time and still own it along with a plus 1 a brace of S2pro 3x Spro3 and 2x S5pro bodies one of them still sealed new in Box.
It made sense at the time to go Fujifilm as it less than half the price of the D1 and offered 6mp output from 3mp sensor and I was able to use my lovely collection of Nikon glass on it.
Loved my S5 pro Phil. Lovely files. Only changed it because I couldn't tether it.

Last edited:
Lord, I am in love with my new 90mm F2.

Still finding my feet with it as it’s definitely not without its challenges for the types of photography I do.

I took it along to a launch event on Thursday with the other half’s XT-4. Despite the lighting being pinker than pink panther, my shutter speed being slower than Donald trump and my hands shaking with nerves I still caught a couple of beauties.

It’s. So. Sharp.

DSCF1774.jpg

And then from tonight’s restaurant review.

Table across the room from me:

IMG_7684-1.jpg

Eyeing up someone else’s food..

IMG_7716-1.jpg

That train is mental lol ;) I bet it would look pretty cool going into Corfe though (y)
yes, some have put up pictures of this which look great, but the best way is if the train is coming from Norden into Corfe heading towards Swanage, but the train is back to front on the return journey. Saying that, I might head there tonight anyway ;)

yes, some have put up pictures of this which look great, but the best way is if the train is coming from Norden into Corfe heading towards Swanage, but the train is back to front on the return journey. Saying that, I might head there tonight anyway ;)

Yeah, the trains going backwards are a PITA lol Las time I was there I got a nice shot of it doing just that. Now I wonder if the steam plume can be just flipped in PS?

Hello again Fuji friends [emoji16]

Question... more of a concern really.

Had our second commissioned event of the week today. I solely used the ‘refurbed’ X-T3. It keeps freezing and takes a loooooong time to process images. When the camera freezes, sometimes when it’s turned off the LCD screen stays on. The only way to ‘unfreeze’ seems to be removing the battery. Which jolts it back to life.

Is this a system/Fuji issue? Or more likely the fact that this is a refurb, in which case I’ll be sending it back.. [emoji57]

Had our second commissioned event of the week today. I solely used the ‘refurbed’ X-T3. It keeps freezing and takes a loooooong time to process images. When the camera freezes, sometimes when it’s turned off the LCD screen stays on. The only way to ‘unfreeze’ seems to be removing the battery. Which jolts it back to life.

Is this a system/Fuji issue? Or more likely the fact that this is a refurb, in which case I’ll be sending it back.. [emoji57]

Is 'Clarity' on in your film simulation, if so switch it off, this causes images to take a long time to process and subsequently get saved.

Lord, I am in love with my new 90mm F2.

Still finding my feet with it as it’s definitely not without its challenges for the types of photography I do.

I took it along to a launch event on Thursday with the other half’s XT-4. Despite the lighting being pinker than pink panther, my shutter speed being slower than Donald trump and my hands shaking with nerves I still caught a couple of beauties.

It’s. So. Sharp.

View attachment 301014

And then from tonight’s restaurant review.

Table across the room from me:

View attachment 301015

Eyeing up someone else’s food..

View attachment 301016

One of my favourites.....

As already mentioned, the clarity setting can cause longish blackouts.

the freezing issue, what brand sd card are you using?

50mm 1.0 arrived yesterday, somewhat oddly it's the slowest lens I have (just a Mitakon 35mm 0.95 before today!)

Bit of a tank but doesn't feel too badly balanced on the X-T3. 16mm 1.4 and 90mm f2 would finish the set off nicely but not in any rush.

I had a wedding coming up but that's now been cancelled, will have to find something else to shoot until wedding season and motorsport kicks off again.

Latest firmware too?

Yep. All up to date!

Is 'Clarity' on in your film simulation, if so switch it off, this causes images to take a long time to process and subsequently get saved.

As already mentioned, the clarity setting can cause longish blackouts.

the freezing issue, what brand sd card are you using?

I shot a mixture of standard and astia. Majority were in standard simulation though. Can’t seem to find the clarity setting in my film simulation menu either.

SD card is a scandisk. 64 gig.

50mm 1.0 arrived yesterday, somewhat oddly it's the slowest lens I have (just a Mitakon 35mm 0.95 before today!)

Bit of a tank but doesn't feel too badly balanced on the X-T3. 16mm 1.4 and 90mm f2 would finish the set off nicely but not in any rush.

I had a wedding coming up but that's now been cancelled, will have to find something else to shoot until wedding season and motorsport kicks off again.

f1.0 and motorsport could be interesting ;)

I shot a mixture of standard and astia. Majority were in standard simulation though. Can’t seem to find the clarity setting in my film simulation menu either.

Try a different SD, if its the same then I'd be looking to send it back - Clarity may not be available on X-T3, it is on some of the other recent cameras

Yep. All up to date!

try another card and see how it goes..

my xt2 used to freeze using Lexar cards ( never had any issues in my canons!)Stopped doing it when I changed the cards.

I haven't posted in a while so here is some recent work. All taken on the x-t100 with the xc 35mm lens, most likely all in aperture priority (no attention span to let me watch enough youtube to learn what I'm doing).

DSCF2931 by Tom A, on Flickr

DSCF2935 by Tom A, on Flickr

DSCF2883 by Tom A, on Flickr

DSCF2888-2 by Tom A, on Flickr

DSCF3011 by Tom A, on Flickr

DSCF2984 by Tom A, on Flickr

DSCF2854 by Tom A, on Flickr

DSCF2857 by Tom A, on Flickr

Super set Tom. Really like these.

After a prolonged absence I've picked up an X100F at a bargain price, I'd been eyeing up the X100V but the switch to touchscreen put me off and then I was offered an X100F for less than half of what an X100V was going to cost me so I went for it.

I was shooting with a Leica Q2 for quite a while but honestly enjoyed the images less than my previous X-Pro2. This was probably in no small part due to the fact that my time for PP work is limited these days but in any case, I'm very excited to be heading back to Fuji town! :D

f0.95, ISO6400, 1/70, pretty dark!

6am Lego Build by Chris Harrison, on Flickr

Random question; what did you use to stick the back lights to the window? I was trying similar here, have the tree at the window which has only yellow lights [what the girls of the house wanted] but I want colour!! :D so have a set of colour lights I wanted to 'frame' the tree in the window with, but 3 different types of tape won't hold them, keep sliding off :/

Lovely image btw, I miss my girls being that age but they're still in the Christmas spirit :)

Great scene George! You will soon have your own Explore section on Flickr at this rate :)

Thank you kindly Nick, I sure do appreciate your reply.

"Its very strange matey, nothing in Explore for ages and then loads of snaps over the past three months"

George

Random question; what did you use to stick the back lights to the window? I was trying similar here, have the tree at the window which has only yellow lights [what the girls of the house wanted] but I want colour!! :D so have a set of colour lights I wanted to 'frame' the tree in the window with, but 3 different types of tape won't hold them, keep sliding off :/

Lovely image btw, I miss my girls being that age but they're still in the Christmas spirit :)

My wife puts lights in the window, she uses those little rubber suction hooks.

The used prices are pretty scary for those who paid the original costs!

I use Fuji as my secondary set up so I don't mind waiting, I use the X-T1 a lot but only photographing stills for work. I don't need to upgrade but I like all 3 of those! Although if I get the X-H1 I wouldn't need the X-T1. The X-Pro 2 is just cool but I seldom use my X-Pro 1. The X-H1 is probably the best one to get.

Lovely image of Tolkeinesque(!) trees. I'm a new subscriber here and a relatively new Fuju shooter. I've just sold an x-e3 and a couple of lenses for an X100v. I'm interested to see how I get one with a fixed 35equivalent. That said, I did tend to just use whatever sense I had mounted on the x-e3 rather than change. I've found the change to fuji from my previous 5d last year quite invigorating!

NYFf2WCh.jpg

9v5DTSth.jpg

Q5gmNYEh.jpg

Back