weekly 2009, 2011, 2016! Kennysarmy's third 52 week challenge...

Vast - My first look I thought, like Carl, that it was a plain skyscape. Then I thought you had included the moon, which I finally realised was actually a paraglider. A great way to give scale, especially placed between the two big clouds. You've done well with the exposure to not get the clouds blown out.

I've missed a few weeks of commenting and haven't got time to go back through all of them but wanted to say how much I liked the artificial shot, it was something I had though about doing (an artificial pitch) but would never have thought to compose it like that. It works really well.

Jeff, Hi

Bit of a catch up

Personal - really like the B&W treatment you have used, perfectly sharp too.

Effort - Definitely, looks like a right old slog to get there. Like the colour too.

Technology - Good idea for the theme, nice to see a high f-stop instead of the shallow DoF that's usually used in that kind of image

Horizontal - Lots to think about, clever idea for the theme but not sure on the processing I think a straight B&W would look better but that's just me.

Vast - Really like this, the framing is perfect and the sky colour is lovely.

Horizontal - I like the alternate take on the theme and the processing to make it look old
Vast - great vibrant colour.

Hi Jeff,
Not really my sort of shot, it does fit the theme and nicely sharp.
From a crit perspective I would have cloned out the cloud top right hand side of the shot, it doesn't add anything, but looks like a black smudge.

Vast ... like the contrasting blues & whites. As andy @posiview says, not easy to photograph.

Rough ... looks a bit of a mess so I guess that's rough.

Rough - an interesting shot. There's not a lot of interest in the foreground but I assume that is part of the story of the shot. I assume the land is being cleared for a purpose for something like a road or construction.

I initially though I would prefer the shot in colour but having looked a bit longer I think the B&W adds a grittiness to the image which works in this context.

So much detail, colour and interest in this shot Jeff - really well spotted and taken. Like the street art too.

covered - Great spot for the theme, with different levels of cover, can you go back and get a picture of the finished work to show us

Hi Jeff. Could so easily be Vast too. Beautiful artistry with that stained glass .... not to mention the shot too of course in capturing all those intricate details and coping with the extremes of light.

Nice detail in the statue Jeff.
it's a bit of a shame that the sky above the building is just white, as the reflection of the sky in the windows shows that there was some interest in the sky too.
Mind you, it doesn't really matter if you blow out the background if it's not supposed to be the point of the shot, so (y)

Looks a tricky one, and I think you've done well. Nice different take on the theme.

An all time great - a gentleman on the pitch that the modern game could do with. Nicely taken - like the b&w.

Back