2013 Photo52 Challenge : WEEK 52 Water

Well apart from this weeks im upto date.

Im trying to catch up on comments but as ive been slack theres alot to do so im only going to comment on the last say 3 of everyone, done some now, will do some more later. Hope no one minds me doing that.

I do like the challenge it brings Andy, having to come up with something for the theme each week but I am not sure whether or not to continue with it.

I'd like a different photography challenge/project, just don't know what yet.

I quite like the look of the monthly "etc" thingy (Andy's doing one) for next year. I'm enjoying the '52 and it's doing its job of keeping me shooting every week, but I think that if I had a month to shoot several different things I would perhaps do a better job of each? Anyway, I have my eye on it for 2014.

Last edited:
I quite like the look of the monthly "etc" thingy (Andy's doing one) for next year. I'm enjoying the '52 and it's doing its job of keeping me shooting every week, but I think that if I had a month to shoot several different things I would perhaps do a better job of each? Anyway, I have my eye on it for 2014.

Hi
I assume the monthly 'thingy' is run on a similar basis to the 52? My only concern would be that I would think that I have ages to plan things but still end up doing it in a rush at the end of the month.

Maybe you should try a 365? :)

I do like the challenge it brings Andy, having to come up with something for the theme each week but I am not sure whether or not to continue with it.

I'd like a different photography challenge/project, just don't know what yet.

I was going to say this for you Iain!

My plan was always to do two 52's and a 365 in my year of retirement! I think I'm a bit gone in the head just thinking about it!

Hi
I assume the monthly 'thingy' is run on a similar basis to the 52? My only concern would be that I would think that I have ages to plan things but still end up doing it in a rush at the end of the month.

I was going to say this for you Iain!

My plan was always to do two 52's and a 365 in my year of retirement! I think I'm a bit gone in the head just thinking about it!

Thanks for the suggestions Anita & Marsha (y)

I think a 365 would be even worse for me I'm afraid :(
My opinion is that it dilutes ones photography or should I say quality.
Every once in a while I would maybe shoot something good but at other times fear I would just be shooting for the sake of it and quality would suffer.

This is, as I say my opinion of my photography not others doing a 365.

When I looked at the "12s" for 2012, I'm not sure anyone had got past month 7 (I haven't checked back since starting the 52 though). Somehow I got the feeling that the lack of pressure meant it was easier to drop a 12...

I've been wondering about doing a 52 of my own devizing, rather than based on the random theme bag. One idea is to confine it to one specific area, or maybe type of shot (eg a particular piece of landscape, or portraits, or "street", though the latter's probably too easy). Another idea was to recognise there are 26 letters in the alphabet, so running through the alphabet from A to Z twice would get me a 52...

In either case, what I guess I'd lose would be the constructive criticism from others doing the same themes. So, nowhere near any decision yet!

Finally found the energy & enthusiasm for a bit of a catch up but still got loads to comment on...falling behind 2 weeks on comments is not good !

Iain.......I'm thinking pretty similar things about next year's 52 but as I have no life I don't know if I could cope without the Saturday morning thrill /pain of the new theme . I've been watching the monthly challenge that Andy's doing but not really sure it's something I fancy....I've not really seen any theme's that have appealed .I really don't have time for a 365 either .

But you have one major advantage over me....your fantastic imagination....cutlery ,wire , pebbles...all top notch stuff in thought & execution . I look forward to seeing what your next photographic challenge will be & will follow it , whatever it is ,with interest (y)

Well done to all still here & to all who are gonna brave the madness again next year....count me in to the nuthouse for year 4 :nuts:

Hi

Well, I feel the same way as Iain regarding the quantity vs quality thing.

Plus photography is supposed to be my way of relaxing, I fear a 365 might put pressure on me instead.

I would agree with the 52 being about right, the etc sounded interesting, but I never looked into it after reading the first post, most probably being committed to a 365 this year as well as the 52. A 365 is hard, very hard and and I doubt I could do it for a 2nd year, but I keep thinking about it, though it would be random things in fhe the 2nd year. A 4th 52? Well its almost bexome a ritual now...and thats not me committing myself

Yet lol

Bah! - dropped in before bedtime to see if we had another early release this week...

OH well - One more sleep then :(

Well well well! Mono film already loaded in the camera hanging on the peg by the front door, ready to go!

Mono, cool - I've an idea or two, one requires actual skill, so lets see how that goes!

BTW DK, love the back from the brink on the spreadsheet and the little note of shame below - a good reminder not to sulk (y)

I've been meaning to ask... I'm assuming that the same set of themes is "in the bag" for each year. Is the number of themes >> 52? I guess I'm asking how likely it is we'll see most of these themes next year...

I've been meaning to ask... I'm assuming that the same set of themes is "in the bag" for each year. Is the number of themes >> 52? I guess I'm asking how likely it is we'll see most of these themes next year...

Thats not the case Chris, towards the end of last year, Sarah had a thread requesting new themes for the bag.

A number of us suggested themes which were included in the bag, so there isn't a set number of 52.

I am obviously not sure how many themes there are in the bag, there way well be enough to take us through next year.

I am sure Sarah wouldn't mind a few more if you have any suggestions (y)

Sorry all for being a slacker the last couple of weeks

I have a few shots in the bag waiting to catch up and as i'm going away somewhere hot and sunny for a week or so....hopefully will find time to browse and comment whilst I'm off too :)

Are they anything to do with themes though Brian :LOL:

Yes of course. Cows and Cheese. Thank you for asking. :cool:

only six more sleeps to week 32! ----- I can't help but wonder what the theme will be? (hope it's cheese! - or cows!) I :love: cows me. And cheese. :)

Anyone seen the Spreadsheet fairy?

Looks like she's had another duvet day...

tsch :shake:

:LOL:

the etc sounded interesting

The ETC is great. Although it's under the 12, as in one a month, it's actually 6 a month. Some cracking themes, though.

Not sure if I'll do a 4th year of the 52, might do another ETC and have a go at the POTY.

Might do all 3...:nuts:

Cheers all.

The ETC is great. Although it's under the 12, as in one a month, it's actually 6 a month. Some cracking themes, though.

Not sure if I'll do a 4th year of the 52, might do another ETC and have a go at the POTY.

Might do all 3...:nuts:

Cheers all.

I admire your enthusiasm Andy :D

Where do you find the time though?

Just looked at the spreadsheet and i need a tick for week 27 reshoot with rustic please :)

OK - So here's a hoot for you. I've just committed to the Idiot behind the lens challenge organised by Yv

Anyway - I've just ordered an "ILFORD XP2 400 35mm 27exp B&W DISPOSABLE SINGLE USE CAMERA" from ebay and it should arrive early next week.

Gonna try and get my '52 shot with it either next week or the week after....:eek:

Come on - who else?

PS. I bet the next two themes will be "rainbow" and "living colour" :LOL:

Back