52 From Baloo 2020

Great shot, I'll echo the above and the careful use of bokeh has kept the subject in sharp focus even in B&W.

The viewpoint works well - a model? (your Flickr link didn't work for me)

You've placed the plane well in the frame, there's a good amount of space in front. I think the black and white is the right choice.

That's really nice. The use of bokeh works very well and the mono processing is bang on. Nicely done to keep the aircraft sharp too.
Thank you Phil.
Great shot, I'll echo the above and the careful use of bokeh has kept the subject in sharp focus even in B&W.
Thank you.
The viewpoint works well - a model? (your Flickr link didn't work for me)
Thank you, yes it is another model glider.
Definitely looked like a model to me, if not then that's scary lol
Thank you.
I absolutely love this. Composition is fab and the bokeh makes the plane pop. Well done
Very kind of you.
Snappers Choice I really like that the processing really suits it
Thank you .
You've placed the plane well in the frame, there's a good amount of space in front. I think the black and white is the right choice.
Thank you
That is one lovely pic Roger. Works nicely in mono.
Thank you
Very sharp aircraft...is it a model?
Yes Clive another model glider.
Really nice - everything's been said already (same location as your earlier glider shot) - I really like this shot.
Much appreciated
So this was the one you were hanging onto the technique for, great choice Roger.
That works really well. Nicely composed and shot.
An RC model?
Thanks Tim it is a model glider i been gliding a few times this year!

I like the view point with the stem showing its way forward. I think I'd be tempted to clone out the highlight on its abdomen.

They are great fun aren't they Roger?
Well captured

I like the view point with the stem showing its way forward. I think I'd be tempted to clone out the highlight on its abdomen.
They are great fun aren't they Roger?
Well captured
That is excellent, nice detail and nice composition with the stem leading in and the other bits framing the shot.
Wonderfully framed and taken - in still somewhat in awe of folks getting macros of life and moving insects!
Thanks gents really struggling with computer time will get around to more commenting asap.,

Secure very nice landscape (in portrait) and the land scape does lead you up to the dish.
Personal a lovely scene and I hope you shared those bangers with your friend.

The sideways glance from the pooch says it all.. "A sausage for the doggy? Good doggy likes sausages!"

Secure - Doesn't work at that size on the forum on my laptop, because I can't see it all. Though obviously it would for people with large (or portrait oriented) monitors that could see the whole thing. Well, when I say it doesn't work, I mean scrolling doesn't allow me to see the image as you intended it. (And Flickr fails to display too). I copied it into an app so I could see the whole thing and I do like the effect you're going for - which seems to me GCHQ watching over the expanse of countryside (representing the country). At least that's what I get from it.

Personal - How puppy dawg hasn't already made off with your sausages is beyond me ;)

Secure very nice landscape (in portrait) and the land scape does lead you up to the dish.
Personal a lovely scene and I hope you shared those bangers with your friend.
Thank you Clive, yes Hamish got some sausages!
The sideways glance from the pooch says it all.. "A sausage for the doggy? Good doggy likes sausages!"
He does, Im not looking............ honest" very well!
Wonderful barbecue scene - hope there was enough for two!
Enough for two and the woofer.
Lovely image for personal Roger, goes together beautifully.
Thanks Dave was a great evening with a cracking sunset on a great campsite, originally was just the view from the tent, but Hamish decided the sausages needed guarding!
Secure - Doesn't work at that size on the forum on my laptop, because I can't see it all. Though obviously it would for people with large (or portrait oriented) monitors that could see the whole thing. Well, when I say it doesn't work, I mean scrolling doesn't allow me to see the image as you intended it. (And Flickr fails to display too). I copied it into an app so I could see the whole thing and I do like the effect you're going for - which seems to me GCHQ watching over the expanse of countryside (representing the country). At least that's what I get from it.

Personal - How puppy dawg hasn't already made off with your sausages is beyond me ;)
Yes Tim that was the idea of the secure shot, it does look better on a big tall screen.:)

That definitely works - the gritty black and white brings out the textures nicely. Maybe a little tight crop (especially on the LHS), but the sign and juxtaposition definitely work.

Signs Works very well.

Personal, is a lovely shot.

Secure. Like this a lot. The glimpse of the dish as opposed to full on works really well.

LOL well spotted Roger (y)

A nice trio of images - my favourite is the secure landscape with the well behaved dog a close second!

Lovely set of images I love the image taken from inside the tent it really tells a story.

Secure
Really quite like that.

Personal
Like that one too

Sign
I like the processing on this and the sky is pretty good as well.

Nice juxtaposition and clever use of the word foxhole.

That definitely works - the gritty black and white brings out the textures nicely. Maybe a little tight crop (especially on the LHS), but the sign and juxtaposition definitely work.
Signs Works very well.

Personal, is a lovely shot.

Secure. Like this a lot. The glimpse of the dish as opposed to full on works really well.
Secure; love that, just a hint of the subject is enough to make a good shot.

Personal; I can smell the lovely BBQ food from here.

Sign & Technique; Perfect for the theme and black and white suits too.
LOL well spotted Roger (y)
A nice trio of images - my favourite is the secure landscape with the well behaved dog a close second!
Lovely set of images I love the image taken from inside the tent it really tells a story.
Secure
Really quite like that.

Personal
Like that one too

Sign
I like the processing on this and the sky is pretty good as well.
Works for me, nicely spotted and I like the processing.
I like the gritty B&W effect and a great juxtaposition.
Only minor thing (and really it's probably just personal preference), but I may have adjusted the verticals.
Nice juxtaposition and clever use of the word foxhole.
Thanks folks, the first summer of living of grid has been full on hope to be able to catch up as we go into winter.

Back