A Picture a day (My 365) . . . Made it to the End!

You sure that's a Linkia? apart from the colour doesn't look any one like one to me :)
nice shot :)

Thanks Bill, well of course it's not a real Linkia, but it's blue and that was good enough for me ;)

3rd December: Sea Folk - The Little House Boat

This strange little neglected house boat caught my eye today.

All sorts of processing in Photoshop and mono conversion in Silver Efex Pro with various structure control points and slight sepia look.

730955082_ZFeNo-L.jpg

Thanks Lisa. The back door was completly inshadow, so I applied various control points in Silver Efex around the door and increased the brightness, contrast and structure of each.

4th December: Bricks and Glass, makes a good contrast!

This looks like a photoshop job of 2 different pictures next to each other, but I promise it's not. Each building is rounded and on opposite sides of the street.

Processing in photoshop limited to slight levels, curves and bleach bypass filter in Color Efex Pro.

731832301_23Lno-L.jpg

Thanks Jonny, yeah I know what you mean, just adds a little something. Lucky to get that in at all, as I had a race to get out at lunch and grab a picture right before the rain came ;)

5th December: Seasons Greetings

My first festive shot of the year. Moderately interesting fact (well for us locals), the Angel can be see from Hayling Island, so a sweet old lady informed us :)

732576560_nFexq-XL.jpg

Last edited:
6th December: 'HAM 295'

Derelict buildings really are one of my favorite subjects, I think if you look at one in detail for any length of time, you feel they're trying to tell you something. No idea what to call today's shot, so 'HAM 295' will have to do....

Heavily processed, shot on a tripod with polariser filter, HDR processed in Photomatix from 3 exposures (to emphasize the tyre detail). Photoshop for curves and Silver Efex Pro for High Structure filter (various control points), yellow filter and slight coffee toning.and slight coffee toning.

733562908_UhL5v-L.jpg

Thanks Lisa, I keep looking at the detail in the tyres, love the effect that HDR and Silver Efex processing has had on them :)

I think people thought I was mad. I could see them all trying to see what I was doing. Especially as the sign was above an undertakers :)

Back