A Picture a day (My 365) . . . Made it to the End!

8th December: In Remembrance . . . .

The sight of the many faded crosses amongst the fallen leaves seems somewhat poignant. It's also in stark contrast to the hustle and bustle of people busy preparing for the festivities, not more than a stones throw away. So in this quiet corner of the city I spared a thought for those family's who are without loved ones this Christmas.

735668563_SoBrD-XL.jpg

9th December: Gunwharf Glory

Taken a number of shots of Gunwharf quay and the Spinnaker Tower this year, and I wanted to get a shot of it at night before the end of the year and my 365. It's a bit of a Cliché shot, but I the Tower and the quay side look fantastic at night.

Processed in Canon DPP, then in Photoshop and curves, levels and then bleach bypass filter in Color Efex Pro with various control points applied to retain as much detail in the quayside buildings.

736499704_uGUJT-XL.jpg

Not copy Dave week (think Dave's was a long range shot from Porchester too), as I say this shot has been done to death by so many. Even when I was there another couple had a tripod and camera too. Had it on my list for the last 5 months to do and running out of time now (plus the weather was good).

Last edited:
Nice shot.....can't wait to get my nifty fifty....had a quick go and loved it...but now I have to wiat until Christmas.... :(

Thought I had posted on yesterdays picture, must have dreamt it....love it really really inspiring!

Crazy locals obviously don't need something to take a photo of!
Unlike me, stuck here in Boring Town, Boringshire, Boringland.:crying:

Nevermind Merv, soon it will be the end of your 365 and then you will only have to live in Boring Town, Boringshire, Boringland and not have to take pictures of it :D

10th December: Artitecture

Photographing modern buildings is right up my street, sun was out so headed into town to grab this shot of the old Zurich House building that is currently under redevelopment. This is the same building in my bricks and glass shot from last week and this was my original intended shot (so I had to go back).

Taken with a polarizer and processed in Canon DPP and then Photoshop and Color Efex Pro using cross balance filter.

737352488_Eqkc5-XL.jpg

11th December: WightLink Departing

Nothing went to plan tonight, late leaving work, so it was darker than I wanted for this shot. Then stuck in traffic, by the time I got to my vantage point the big Brittany ferry was just going past, missed it by about 2 minutes. Then my battery went (forgot to charge the spare too), so this is really the only shot I got of a WightLink ferry leaving (it was way to cold to hang around any longer).

Processed in Photoshop and Color Efex Pro with Soft Gold reflector filter

738196401_GuE4K-L.jpg

Thanks Bill, nowhere near what I wanted, would have been a lot better to have taken it before it was pitch black

Back