A Picture a day (My 365) . . . Made it to the End!

12th December: Au revoir

Watching the Brittany ferry disappear over the horizon on it's way to France.

738908951_RkecY-L.jpg

13th December: Arundel Castle

Weather wise, it was a day of two halves, morning saw some great winter sun, from lunchtime onwards (when we finally managed to leave the house), it was gloomy and showery. In between the showers I grabbed a few shots of the castle, I really liked this angle as the Castle dominated the landscape and the town from the hill.

3 exposures, merged in Photomatix to create a natural HDR image. Into Photoshop for slight dodge & burn, levels and curves adjustment. Noiseware filter applied, then Silver Efex Pro for high structure filter and using many control points along the top of the castle to lighten and increase the contrast. Finally high pass filter applied for slight sharpening.

739758543_NwPGg-L.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Jonny.

I started messing around with them a while ago and now I find I use them in all my Silver Efex use and some in Color Efex. I use negative control points in small areas of the image to lighten and increase contrast, that would otherwise have been lost in darker areas of the picture. Try it on a small part of an image, you need to resize the control point, as it's default size is rather large. Then increase the structure and contrast and brightness in a dark area, does not need much, but makes a world of difference in my view. Also move the point around, as the area it's on directly impacts the area within the point radius

Last edited:
14th December: Not what I wanted......

Almost impossible to get this shot right, angles are all wrong, but there were trees, posts and other stuff spoiling the composition I wanted, so this will have to do.

Added a slight glamor glow filter for a change.

741040151_CnNpY-L.jpg

The more I look at it the more I don't like it. I have an abstract crop of just the windows, without the section of building in it, Will probably use that instead.

15th December: Snow Queen

Complete roadblock for inspiration today, so at around 9:30 I trudged up to my little high street, I remembered one little shop had a nice Christmas and Snow Queen themed display in the window. Decided on this tight crop of mannequin dressed up as the Snow Queen, taken handheld at ISO 3200. Used Old Photo filter in Color Efex Pro and some other Photoshop adjustments to get this old style looking effect.

741945663_MxGTq-XL-1.jpg

Last edited:
16th December: Lit up like a Christmas tree

The only shot I took of a trusty subject tonight (due to bad weather). I know I'm getting desperate now I'm nearly at the end . . . . my only other shots were of the wall of McDonalds :(

Processed in Photoshop, cropped original image and Varitone Photo Stylizer applied in Color Efex Pro. Finally all sorts of Lens flare effects added to make it a little more interesting.

742707889_mYEgt-XL.jpg

Thanks Chaps ;)

Desperation when processing is ok, I can live with that, Things like lens flare above help lift the image. It's going through the day, still to take a shot and having no idea that I hate. Sitting in McD's taking pictures of the wall was one of the years 365 lowest points :(

Thanks Chaps ;)

Desperation when processing is ok, I can live with that, Things like lens flare above help lift the image. It's going through the day, still to take a shot and having no idea that I hate. Sitting in McD's taking pictures of the wall was one of the years 365 lowest points :(

I sat downstairs thinking desperately tonight, hadn't a clue what to shoot. I'd taken one shot all day of the inside of a gaming machine. :(

Chin up mate. A week of SP's is on the cards for me!! :LOL:

Thanks Dave. The windows are from one of the Portsmouth Uni buildings.

We actually had a cat. But we had to give her to a cat home before we moved for various reasons.

No chance of another 365. I'm actually finding these last few weeks really tough.

Back