Adam's TP52 2016 Weeks 10-14 added

Hi Adam, that's a really nice image for living world. Colours all work well, too. The only thing you could - if you wanted - look to add next time are catchlights in the eyes. I'm not sure if you've avoided the catchlights in the eyes to protect her from the flash (if so absolutely fair enough!) but it'd be great to see those eyes sparkling as well? I suspect you'll be shooting plenty more of her in the months and years to come, so we're all looking forward to seeing them! (My 2 year old is starting to get fed up and my 5 year old won't play ball any more!)

Thank you all for the kind comments. I've been struggling with time a lot recently so I'm quite far behind. I've been off work this week so managed to have a catch up and get some time with the Camera.

Week 10 - Spiky
Spiky by Adam Simon Photography, on Flickr
Week 11 - Artificial
Artificial by Adam Simon Photography, on Flickr
Week 12 - Personal
Personal by Adam Simon Photography, on Flickr
Week 13 - Effort
Effort by Adam Simon Photography, on Flickr
Week 14 - Technology
Technology by Adam Simon Photography, on Flickr

Nice catch up Adam.
Spiky has a nice shallow DoF that leads the eye straight to the spiky bits :)
I'm guessing the wave Artificial? Looks like a good potential shot for effort too.
Personal is a perfect fit to the theme. Lovely :)
Effort certainly is! I am very familiar with Cad West and it is a considerable effort to get to the stile and beyond!! Looks a touch dark in places on my monitor.
But the effort is well worth it when you get shots like this of a stunning technological masterpiece (y)

Nice catch up Adam.
Spiky has a nice shallow DoF that leads the eye straight to the spiky bits :)
I'm guessing the wave Artificial? Looks like a good potential shot for effort too.
Personal is a perfect fit to the theme. Lovely :)
Effort certainly is! I am very familiar with Cad West and it is a considerable effort to get to the stile and beyond!! Looks a touch dark in places on my monitor.
But the effort is well worth it when you get shots like this of a stunning technological masterpiece (y)

Thank you yes the climb to cad west almost killed me! The wave is artifical yes, its Surf Snowdonia.

Thank you for your comments.

Spiky - Good use of DoF to blur the background, good use of the yellow against the green of the spikes.
Artificial - Sorry, I don't understand how that is on theme.
Personal - Colours feel a bit muted to me, that said you have the focus spot on , on the eye.
Effort - On theme :) Colours feel a bit on the blue sie (could just be me). I quite like the unconventional cropping of the sun.
Technology - Is that the Mach Loop? Not somewhere I've ever been, but I can see why it's a mecca for aircraft togs.

Hi, Alan, I'll keep up from now on..or try to :)

Technology. That's close. Nice focus and DOF, I can almost feel the heat from the exhaust.

Cheers.

Great catch up Adam

The best 2 for me are Personal what lovely image and Technology very well caught

Spiky - Good use of DoF to blur the background, good use of the yellow against the green of the spikes.
Artificial - Sorry, I don't understand how that is on theme.
Personal - Colours feel a bit muted to me, that said you have the focus spot on , on the eye.
Effort - On theme :) Colours feel a bit on the blue sie (could just be me). I quite like the unconventional cropping of the sun.
Technology - Is that the Mach Loop? Not somewhere I've ever been, but I can see why it's a mecca for aircraft togs.

Artificial wave it was mentioned in the previous post.

Thanks

Great catch up. Personal is a beauty. And how did you get your technology shot?

Google mach loop. It's a low flying training area for fighter jets with good mountain side access for photos

Adam, given your shot for Personal....I'm not surprised your short of time!
Great catch up.
(And she's a beauty)

Hi Adam, some good images there.

Spiky - definitely on theme and well composed. Quite a bit going on to pull the eye around but it hangs together well enough for me. To me your bokeh looks very nervous - what 50mm f/1.8 are you using as I'm after one but the bokeh quality is quite important to me!
Artificial - hard one to fit to the theme without your explanation, although I guess we aren't naturally designed to be surfing the waves in cold water. Looks a stop or so under and wonky horizon. Would also prefer perhaps a portrait crop so he can be looking into the frame?
Personal - lovely shot. Nice attention on the eye (good not to go for 1.8 here I reckon). Again, I would push this maybe 2/3 or a stop higher? You can also experiment with the light source position - placing it slightly further round so the catchlights are higher up in the eye if you want. Not a crit, just worth having a muck around since you have such a lovely subject! :clap:
Effort - not sure of the connection, it looks like a perfectly delightful way to spend a day to me ;) And what is the bright shiny thing in the sky above that hill? I've never seen one of those up in the mountains before! It works as an image for me (y)
Technology - a cracker for me and only suggestion from someone who doesn't have a scooby about shooting planes would be to get it flying into frame? Another good capture though (y)

Hi Adam. Terrific catch-up ... well worth the wait.
Spiky: Nice use of DoF, love the bright colour, definitely on theme.
Artificial: Nice action image - holds the interest.
Personal: Beautiful. Nice soft focus in keeping with the subject.
Effort: What a climb - definitely requires Effort.
Technology: Great capture. Love the distortion caused by the vapour trail (have you recovered hearing yet?)

Spiky - Good use of DoF and the spikes really stand out against the yellow.
Artificial - Nice action shot but it doesn't scream artificial although I do get the link.
Personal - lovely picture nice soft focus.
Effort - On theme it will certainly take a good deal of effort to get up there
Technology - great shot I too like that you can see distortion from the vapor trail

Hello Adam

Spiky - like the framing you have chosen, good colour and sharpness.
Artificial - .good shot overall.
Personal - .lovely image, one to treasure
Effort - loving your viewpoint and the framing of the hill. Good sky too.
Technology - at its best, superb image

Good catch up Adam !!!

I really like your Personal and Technology photo's, that baby picture is just wonderful, soooo peaceful looking :)

As for technology what a great capture, perfect timing and nice combination of mountains and sky, split by the plane and the heat from the jets, love it (y)

Back