Adam's TP52 2016 Weeks 10-14 added

Hi Adam

I don't normally favour the B&W option but I like it here. (y)

Great ruin up on the horizon like that, yes could be more contrasty, and is it just me but it looks a little soft on the LHS.

Hi Adam

I really like your abandoned shot. Very nice and I like the processing. Can I ask where it is? Looks very similar to a spot not far from me on the mendip hills in Somerset.

Hi Adam

I don't normally favour the B&W option but I like it here. (y)

Great ruin up on the horizon like that, yes could be more contrasty, and is it just me but it looks a little soft on the LHS.

Possibly I favoured a long exposure and small aperture to get everything in focus the longer shutter speed has captured a bit of movement in the trees which I didn't realise until I arrived home.

Hi Adam

I really like your abandoned shot. Very nice and I like the processing. Can I ask where it is? Looks very similar to a spot not far from me on the mendip hills in Somerset.

Its near a small village called Henryd in North Wales.

Thanks everyone

Hi Adam ....I think it's worked really well ...you've kept it quite subtle but it's effective ...well done for trying something new.

Thanks it's always risking trying something new but I think that's the beauty of the challenge it's encourages you out of your comfort zones.

Nicely done!
The only thing that bugs me is that you appear to be leaning to the left a tad :LOL: )

Abandoned - That works for me, shot looking up like that puts it on the horizon nicely. Flat sky yes, but the gradient darkening works well.
Camouflage(d) - Not sure on that. The orignal shot looks nice and sharp, but the pp'd camo looks too sharp and thus un-natural.

Abandoned - That works for me, shot looking up like that puts it on the horizon nicely. Flat sky yes, but the gradient darkening works well.
Camouflage(d) - Not sure on that. The orignal shot looks nice and sharp, but the pp'd camo looks too sharp and thus un-natural.

I agree, made a few adjustments based on your comments regarding camo.

Thanks

Your camouflage looks really well done to me - I like it a lot. I can't believe it's something you've not attempted much before - great job! :clap:

Thank you very much.

Hi Adam, bit of a catch-up as I've been slacking. The trouble with catch-ups is, it's all already been said.

Happy - touching photo, I wish I'd taken something like this when my wife was pregnant
Abandoned - ideal for B&W, I would have been tempted to give it even greater contrast. The sky's flat but there'sa nice gradient down towards the horizon.
Camouflage - there's been surprisingly little military camo this week! Good on you for giving something new a try, it's a cool effect.

Works really well Adam - good on you to learn something new. A bit of colour popping thrown in for good measure too. Well done :clap:

Works well Adam (y)

Looks really good I like the B/W and the blue eyes works very well. (y)

Hi, did you use a displacement map to get the contours?

Like it, nice and close, good eye contact and detail.

Cheers
Yes I did use a displacement map, also applied a blur to the textures to give them a more natural look.

Really good take on the theme, good location, really gives a sense of height, nicely captured. Where abouts is that?

Beautiful landscape Adam on a lovely day by the looks of things. Spot on for the theme. Like it :clap:

Nice moody landscape shot. Like the colour and processing too. I've similar idea for the theme too being living right by the sea but decided to go for something else instead.

Thankyou

Beautiful landscape Adam on a lovely day by the looks of things. Spot on for the theme. Like it :clap:

Thanks it was a bit cold and windy.

Hi Adam, sorry for not spotting your thread before. Big catch up from me...

Old - lovely image and well taken. Lighting is pretty soft and it's nice to see the texture in the floor. Only possible crit is the very central composition - you could have perhaps used the shadows to justify a move of the subject slightly?
Metal - again, nicely done from a variety of standpoints. I like the lighting in this - low key working really well. Top job.
Captive - well done on shooting in/through a tank - really hard (I've never even tried it) and you've done well to get a crisp shot of the subject.
Miniature - nicely taken and perfectly on theme. Composition and lighting leave me wondering whether a slightly different setup would have worked, but it's good as is.
Happy - perfect image for me. Loving the composition, lighting and obviously the message. Just a super take :clap: (and congrats!)
Abandoned - really nicely done and definitely one of the best abandoned building shots for this theme. POV and composition really work for me here - good job with the PP as well.
Camouflage - very cleverly done. It looks like like shadows being cast, which I assume is the idea and if so, it's done very very well. Best of all, I didn't even notice the selective colour until the second viewing :D
Danger - again bang on theme. Nicely shot with plenty in the image to keep the interest from foreground to background. Only thought would be a reshoot slightly closer to sunrise/sunset but sometimes that isn't an option!

Some cracking shots there - really looking forward to more... (y)

Week 7 Danger - If the waves and steep cliffs aren't dangerous enough, the walk to this location certainly was!
It looks like it too! well spotted and captured Adam :)

Spot on for the theme, I'm not keen on hights at the best of times and really wouldn't want to stand there!

Abandoned - good POV and the B&W conversion adds to the abandoned feel.
Camouflage - Well done for trying something new, it works really well. I also missed the selective colouring on the first look but it's been done well, adds to the image without being to much.
Danger - The angle you have used makes it feel like you (as the viewer) are right on the edge of the cliff.

Danger indeed. I'm not sure I could stand that close to the edge!
One teeny crit....the leading edge of the cliff has a wee halo.

Blimey Adam, that's a brave shot, never mind the walk to get there :eek:

I like the composition as there is lots to see (even if it is through my fingers - don't like heights/edges)

The lowering sky adds a sense of doom almost too (y)

Back