weekly Ajophotog's 2012 52 "Symmetry" added to Post 471

• Thread starter Deleted member 3428
  • Start date
Hi Alby

Temperature - I see what you were trying to do, but as said by Iain & Mark, I feel they need something else, Of the 4 I like no: 3 which shows a typical UK sunny day beach, and No4 with the guy shielding from the temperature with his hat !!!

Number 2 made me smile! Numbers 3 and 4 are my preferred ones,

Thanks chaps, these are just moments in time which was governed by the hot weather and what I saw on my walk along the seafront today with my wife. I just took the Panny gf3 and attached the lumix/leica 25mm f1.4 to it. Sometimes it is good to just capture the moment without all the arty farty angles and bokeh and just get the scene just how it is. Those are the shots when I look back in years to come that mean more as they show life just how it was at the time taken.

Hi alby i see were you were going with these and they are all on theme but I have to say No 4 is the better pic

Hi alby i see were you were going with these and they are all on theme but I have to say No 4 is the better pic

Cheers Allan, as I said these are snaps to record and document goings on at the beach on a hot day in 2012 and nothing more. I love looking back at old snaps and I'm sure I will look back at these ones in the future with fondness. ;)

Hi Alby

they will def remind you of a glorious day in May 2012 & sometimes that all you need , as you say , leave out the quirky angles & DOF , just tell it as it is (y)

Of the 4 images I'm really liking #4....very peaceful , just enjoying the chance to sit quietly in the sun...lovely (y)

Hi Alby, I think your random shots are superb! Number one is lovely and sharp, although this would look great on the wall of some IVF consultants office as some of these bubbles look like certain little swimmers!!! I too would like to know how you got this effect, are the colours as you see them or tweaked in PP?

Temperature: May not be up there as the all time greatest but like you say a snap shot in time! I like number two for its comical value:

blakester said:
What is going on with the bloke in #2, black socks and shoes with shorts :eek: :cautious:

Only a Brit would be so unprepared and look so stoopid!!!

Temperature: May not be up there as the all time greatest but like you say a snap shot in time! I like number two for its comical value:

Only a Brit would be so unprepared and look so stoopid!!!

I hope it isn't a self portrait Alby :eek:

Random – Lovely bright colours and interesting random patterns. I’ve never tried this but must do so.

Temperature - Brits in hot weather :LOL: I'm wondering whether a triptych (or should that be quadptych) may help bring all these together under the theme.

Not me I had my tight white 70s tennis shorts, black zipup Chelsea boots (no socks) and topped with a lime green bri-nylon vest with purple edging. :D

Thanks all for you comments. ;)

Not me I had my tight white 70s tennis shorts, black zipup Chelsea boots (no socks) and topped with a lime green bri-nylon vest with purple edging. :D

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Authority - good snap with a camera. I would like to see all the door in the shot. Well done for capturing it as you saw it though.

Leave - a simple and clean image, nice twist having the IR element. I like this as a leave interpretation.

Random - I want to try this! I think #3 is my favourite.

Temperate - good set of snaps! Good demonstration of the hot weather in the UK. #2 for me!

Temperature - I think out of the set I prefer image three, theres a lot going on and shows the dynamism of the beech, bang on for temperature !

Nick (y)

Thanks all, bit of a mixed reaction this week which is good.
Now to Abstract, lots of possibilities for this but I spotted a rolled up magazine and thought I would have a go at that for abstract and here are a few results. No PP really just a resize and contrast adjustment.

7337785976_60d6e91fb3_o.jpg

7337786518_315705134b_o.jpg

7337787122_60763dae67_o.jpg

Abstract - very clever take on this weeks theme, definitely abstract and I wouldn't have thought No 1 was a magazine so that really works, very nice focus and lighting in al shots.

Nick (y)

Hiya Alby, I am going for number 1, really like the lighting and dark background, sets it off really nicely.
Thanks Michael, it was taken with flash diffused with a stofen diffuser.
Abstract - very clever take on this weeks theme, definitely abstract and I wouldn't have thought No 1 was a magazine so that really works, very nice focus and lighting in al shots.

Nick (y)
Thanks Nick, surprising what I spot sometimes and try and photograph, mostly doesn't work but I do try from time to time and end up being surprised with an half decent result.

Abstract...like them all and it's something I've been meaning to photograph for a while.

Perhaps a bit closer and I suspect these would work well in B&W as well.

Cheers.

Hi Alby

Temperature, its a great record of the first really warm weekend of 2012

Abstract, number 1 well exposed and as others have said i wouldn't have known that it was a magazine

Hi Alby, I'm in major catch up mode, having missed 10 weeks worth of submissions and finally catching up with mine too.

Loving your IF pic, absolutely cracking shot.

Your random set is just superb, excellent colouring in all of them.

The temperature pics certainly bang on theme but just don't do anything for me, sorry :(.

Abstract, again a cracking set, 1st of the pics my fave, but all shot superbly, lighting and dof spot on.

no.1 for me, lovely shot for abstract :clap:

Number 1 for me too it just seems to work better than the others

Hi Alby

meant to comment on your Random shots but couldn't find them...had to enlist the help of other 52'ers :bonk: Only wanted to say ....love them , particularly keen on #2....great in a frame & on the wall :clap:

Abstract...#1 for me....love the curve & lighting (y)

Oh I like those! I honestly couldn't pick a favourite; I love them all. They'd make a wonderful tryptic I reckon.

Last edited:
Thanks all, much appreciated. ;)

Been a bit busy these last few days and so I am using an older shot that I have reworked for symmetry and may revisit it if I find time but I have a busy couple of weeks coming up.
I have left the rubbish in as I like it in the shot as it is something to distract you from the prominent post box, plus it is how our streets look these days. :(

7376344460_a6c17ef38b_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Comment catch up time for me Alby :D

Abstract, #3 gets my vote, lovely curves and composition in there. I like the lighting and tones too.

Symmetry, an interesting perspective from the lens, bang on theme. I think a colour boost would help here just to bring out the reds more but thats a personal preference. Good work. Iain

The first abstract is spot on for me Alby, really liking the effect...

Symmetry looks great, it's symmetrical with just enough differences to add interest (like the rubbish) without removing the overall symmetry.

Back