weekly Ajophotog's 2012 52 "Symmetry" added to Post 471

• Thread starter Deleted member 3428
  • Start date
Hi Alby,

Another Wow! for your flight shot. Really like this one alot!(y)

Authority:- It just screams authority doesn't it? I also quite like the angle, good shot.

Carol

ooo I missed some...

love the 1st short pic with the flowers next to the decay, also the flight is brilliant. Your authority shot is pretty good too although perhaps a bit narrow to me, I think it needs a teeny bit more to the left :clap:

Quirky angle and for a phone it's nice and sharp.

I can't get...:banana: about it, though.

We all have them weeks...just need to move onto week 20

Cheers.

Hi Alby

Short - good spot but I am a bit at odds with the pics because #1 is the shot with the context but only when you can see#2 can you see the theme. A bit mixed

Flight - super shot and well spotted. Perhaps a bit too blue (but may be my monitor) but good compostion and balance. good choice for crop

Authority - on theme. like the angle and the simplicity

Time to leave for home after a day out at Exbury Gardens. Shot with the Panasonic G10 in Infrared and channel swapped.

"Time for Home"
7189610918_63289de122_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Alby...

Nice photo, love the sky. Think it fits the theme, although you could just say they are going for a walk in the park!!!

Hi Alby...

Nice photo, love the sky. Think it fits the theme, although you could just say they are going for a walk in the park!!!

Quite correct Neil, I suppose the fact they are walking away from the point of capture would suggest leaving the scene. :LOL: That is the trouble with verb themes, I hate them. :LOL:

Excellent shot, I like it very much Alby.... at first glance it looks like it's been snowing! Then I read that it was shot in infrared.... it's an interesting effect.(y)

Carol

I like it a lot really interesting effect, must look into that. it looks alien in a way
:clap:

I like this a lot, i noticed the infra red option on some of the presets but so far haven't been able to make any of my attempts look good. You've done a smashing job. I can't decide whether I like it with less sky or not but overall very good :clap: i love the old guy being slightly bent. The movement looks slowed down. Tis very good *gushes enthusiastically*

Thanks all for taking time to comment. My camera has had a filter conversion so it is sensitive to only the infrared part of the spectrum but blocks most of the visible parts hence the way it looks for those that are unsure re infrared.

'Leaving the scene' works ... very interesting photo, i haven't done any infrared so it's an interesting option.

Cheers Gramps. ;) I am trying different techniques lately.

Is this the first IR shot in this 52? Whilst these don't always work, personally I like this one a lot. I'm loving the blue tones in the sky contrasting with the eerie whiteness of the foreground. Well done :clap:

At first I wasn't keen on this, but the more I look at it the more it has grown on me! I like the colours and the contrast, it's very clever:clap:

Ajophotog said:
I am trying different techniques lately.

It's got to be done, I need to start experimenting!

I like this a lot Alby.

The IR does give it a ghostly ethereal feel, almost as if these old folks are leaving this world to somewhere else.

I like the leading line of the path towards the vanishing point, it draws the viewers eye in and through, good work.

I think the image would work almost as well without the IR but the IR just adds that extra something. An interesting effect which I haven't explored but does catch my interest. Iain

Interesting photo! I like the effect, which is saying something because I don't normally go for IR shots.

I'm not sure it's strong on the theme, but it does just about get there :)

Thanks all for the comments, something would be wrong if everyone like the photo so I'm glad some of you do and nothing wrong if you don't as it is all about your own tastes. ;)

Random soap reaction patterns is my thinking for this months theme and here are a few I took for this week.

7243056148_1ed9723fef_o.jpg

7243055376_6b41f04711_o.jpg

7243057044_6363d30ebf_o.jpg

Random - lovely set. Would that be washing up liquid you have used. I can't work out have you have done this but i like it (y)

Nick

Wow, love those! I've seen lots of bubble shots before, but these are the best by a long way. Great work!

got to be number 1 something about the pattern and the range of colour(y)

lovely colours, very random :clap:

Thanks all I appreciate all you comments, good or bad, with or without critique.
Here are a few shots from a walk along the seafront for temperature. It has been so darn hot I thought these record documentary shots would fulfil this weeks theme for me.
" What people do when the temperature goes up"
7279679476_206125fab4_b.jpg

7279677620_35fa7f3cb8_b.jpg

7279678814_b94f845e1f_b.jpg

7279675860_08ef98297c_b.jpg

As you said Alby, documentary record shots but tell a story all the same. All technically correct, but just lacking a little something to set them apart, a make them more special IMHO.
What is going on with the bloke in #2, black socks and shoes with shorts :eek: :cautious:

Hi Alby. I'm with Iain on this, although I do think number 4 is very interesting. I think these, and especially that one, would benefit from some PP work; black and white for example might work nicely. Something to just lift them away from being snaps.

What is going on with the bloke in #2, black socks and shoes with shorts :eek: :cautious:

What are you talking about? That's considered the height of fashion down here in Portsmouth :D

Thanks chaps, we all needs snaps in our life from time to time. ;)

Back