AlanDorset Week 52 Picture of the Year

Wondered if a jigsaw would appear for this week. Used one myself all my years ago!
Nice bright colours, liking the diagonal, enough to keep the interest. Well done

My daughter's a jigsaw person and I did have this in mind.

Nicely shot Alan.

Hope you can complete the puzzle, once started you have to finish.

Wondered if a jigsaw would appear for this week. Used one myself all my years ago!
Nice bright colours, liking the diagonal, enough to keep the interest. Well done
Thanks, tried a variety of angles and compositions, the diagonal definitely worked best with this puzzle

Nice shot Alan. I thought it was a "Where's Waldo" puzzle at first.

Last time I started a jigsaw I didn't do anything else until it was finished... SO addictive.
Great idea for the theme and nicely shot.

That's a lovely shot with contrast in colour, texture etc. I'd give yourself a tick for the tech too..

Nice colour of the stems contrasting with the fence.

Is the plant metal and 6 ft fence

Great shot, bang on theme. I really like the colours and textures, hits Juxtaposition too?

Great colours, looks like the bush on the right is a fire licking across to the sculpture on the left. Nice one

It's a nice shot Alan, with dramatic lighting. It's the type of art piece that I'd love to have in my own garden.

It's a good idea for the theme. I think if you had not cropped some off the left it would look stronger.

I thought I was losing the plot while trying to catch up on your images as I couldn't find week 1, however it appears you have this years images in two separate threads, this is the 2022 one. Hopefully you can see what I mean and make adjustments if needed.
For the feedback:
Your area - The only time I have seen my desk that tidy is when it was first built, .I could never get into golf being left handed and only given a RH iron for a hit about in the park.
Incomplete - A good few participants went with the puzzle concept. The triangle in the bottom left created by the puzzle edge and photo border does distract me a bit. I zoomed in the image to removed the triangle and personally did like it better.
Artificial - The lighting is really pleasing and it's an interesting structure. Was the crop at the left necessary to remove unwanted area?

I thought I was losing the plot while trying to catch up on your images as I couldn't find week 1, however it appears you have this years images in two separate threads, this is the 2022 one. Hopefully you can see what I mean and make adjustments if needed.
For the feedback:
Your area - The only time I have seen my desk that tidy is when it was first built, .I could never get into golf being left handed and only given a RH iron for a hit about in the park.
Incomplete - A good few participants went with the puzzle concept. The triangle in the bottom left created by the puzzle edge and photo border does distract me a bit. I zoomed in the image to removed the triangle and personally did like it better.
Artificial - The lighting is really pleasing and it's an interesting structure. Was the crop at the left necessary to remove unwanted area?
I did wonder if I should have started a 2023 thread but then ran out of time to think about it.
Incomplete - you could be right about the crop, now you've said I can't un-see it!
Artificial - that was not a deliberate crop, bit of a ...-up when I took the photo!

It's a good idea for the theme. I think if you had not cropped some off the left it would look stronger.
Annoyingly I didn't see the error in the photo centring until putting it on the PC, serves me right for rushing to catch the light before the cloud came over.

Great, love the image!

Years ago a colleague and I worked on a computer project that required printers. They were so flaky and intermittent that we had a catch phrase - "Never work with children, animals or printers".

My experience with photo printing has done nothing to change that phrase.

Kitty pic FTW :)

Nicely done, maybe a damp cloth before taking the shot would be my only comment. ;)

Even getting the cat into the shot has to be an achievement, I'd like to see the next freame with him bursting through too!

Last edited:
Timing! No time to think about a damp cloth.

Before and after shots were out of focus or badly reflecting the light so I discarded them, resolution to throw away / delete rubbish or unwanted shots, so mostly I only keep the pictures that are uploaded to Flikr, keep the housekeeping up to date

How long were you sitting there waiting for him to come through? Great picture Alan! Ozzie looks just as handsome as always.

Aww, what a cute image and good idea for the theme. My old cat who looked very similar would never pose for a shot!

Very good, like the light show, did you take many to get it right.

First is really nice. Well composed, well exposed and very well timed.

A good set Alan, I think that you chose the right one.

Back