weekly Alet's Photo52 Challenge - Week 8 "Ending"

Edit My Images
Yes
Hello, I've decided to join the 2014 Photo52 challenge.

This is all about improving my photography so comments are most welcome.

I have been very naughty in skipping a couple of weeks early on (am still intending to catch up!), so here is a list with links to what I've done so far:

0 - Odd
1 - Line
2 - Play
3 - Close
4 - Bubble
5 - Smoke / Smokey
6 - Mineral
7 - Sense
8 - Ending

Last edited:
Hi
good colour, not sure the other socks are too obvious,
welcome to the 52

Great image I think the dark socks being more difficult to see adds to the impact of the image. Well done.

Thank you everybody for the helpful comments. The black socks are as dark as they are mainly because I thought this helps the stripy one to stand out. If I redid this I would use socks with a more prominent heel, and not black socks - it was tricky to find a balance between clipping the blacks and having grey washed out looking socks.

I like this contrast between the rainbow sock and the black ones. Is it my eyesight or is it the focus off a bit?

I like the composition, as critique id consider PPing the dots of pulled thread out though. I like the contrast and colour of the image and the layered socks add's a nice texture.

HI Alet & a belated welcome from me :clap:

Like the angle & strong contrasting colors , I think you've done well with the exposure on the black socks (y)

Odd - most definitely - stands out really well.

Love your line idea, well composed and lit.

Line is brilliant (always a fan of some Legography). I like the scale behind nicely done.

Odd - good colours and I can see the black socks fairly easily so no problems there.

Line - good take on the theme, like the scale. Maybe a slightly whiter background would have helped, it looks a tad grey on my screen.

Hi excellent idea well executed, that fellow on the right looks dodgy :giggle:

A belated thank you from me to everybody who has taken the time to comment!

The lighting was really challenging. I like photographing Lego, but I always find it a challenge to avoid overexposing the faces - this time round I was lucky in that the right exposure for the faces turned out to work reasonably ok for the background.

Guilty as charged on the background lines - they were printed like that and I didn't notice at the time :banghead:

I very much like this although there seem to have been quite a few Lego shots already this year. I think you've done a good job with the lighting...shame there are the reflections on the hair of the middle two but that's very picky

Back